Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:20:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Peter Schiff Lost His Bitcoin  (Read 632 times)
tvplus006
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1655

To the Moon

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2020, 03:21:45 PM

I have doubts about the veracity of the words Peter Schiff posted on Twitter about the fact that he lost access to the wallet. To get such a screen as he published, just enter the wrong password. But if he really lost access, he needs to register on bitcointalk to learn more about safe use of the wallet.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chennappa121

Activity: 400
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 03:27:46 PM

As per his statement he knows the password but unable to log in the wallet because there is something issue with wallet or may be  something updated issue with that wallet.So i think how can someone without any knowledge of Wallet they store the bitcoins there because we know the importance of Password or Private Key or Wallet Seed if we take any of those backup we can easily restore our Wallet if any issues happens with our wallet. But how can Peter Schiff gives a silly statement like that.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
FAHRKERIM

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 03:29:11 PM

I have doubts about the veracity of the words Peter Schiff posted on Twitter about the fact that he lost access to the wallet. To get such a screen as he published, just enter the wrong password. But if he really lost access, he needs to register on bitcointalk to learn more about safe use of the wallet.

Which he won't do under any circumbstance. I guess this is more "I told you so" moment for him rather than "damn, what have I done wrong"
rodskee

Activity: 2366
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 04:04:42 PM

According to Cointelegraph, perennial bitcoin bear Peter Schiff has lost his bitcoin due to losing his password:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/peter-schiff-lost-his-bitcoin-claims-owning-crypto-was-a-bad-idea

What are your thoughts?
only noob will be fooled by this ,for sure there will be another attack against bitcoin from this one since this issue comes out to think that it is very impossible for people like him losing his Password.what about you Believing on what says here?

of course he is already in Bitcointalk because he already has Bitcoin so it is normal that he knew this forum and also he knew where to fool people.

msarro

Activity: 788
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 04:18:37 PM

He is saying "his wallet forget his password”. It may be possible that somebody hacked his password and changed it. There is seed with every wallet and you can always recover your password from that. Where is Peter Schiff seed? Its very easy to criticize bitcoin.

███████████████████████████
██    ▀█████████████▀    ██
██      ▀████▀████▀      ██
███▄    ▄██▀   ▀██▄    ▄███
█████▄▄██▀  ▄▄▄  ▀██▄▄█████
███████▀    ███    ▀███████
██████               ██████
███████▄    ███    ▄███████
████▀ ▀██▄  ▀▀▀  ▄██▀ ▀████
████▀   ▀██▄   ▄██▀   ▀████
██▀   ▄▄ ▄███▄███▄ ▄▄   ▀██
██▄ ▄█████████████████▄ ▄██
..Duelbits..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██ ▄▄▄▄ ███████████ ▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █ ▄▄▄▄ ███████ ▄▄▄▄ █ ██
██ ▀ █ ▄▄▄▄ ███ ▄▄▄▄ █ ▀ ██
████ ▀ █  █ ███ █  █ ▀ ████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ███ ▀▀▀▀ ██████
██▄ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▄██
██▄██████▌▐▀▄▀▄▀▌▐██████▄██
██▀▀▀████ █▄▀▄▀▄█ ████▀▀▀██
█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄█████
███████▌▐█████████▌▐███████
██▄▄▄▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▄▄██
█████████████████▀██ ██▀███
██████████████████▄███▄████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██
██ ██████ ▐█████▌ █ ██ █ ██
██ █▀▄▄▀█ ▐▀▄▄▄▀▌ ██▄▄██ ██
██ █▄▀▀▄█ ▐▄▀▀▀▄▌ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██
██ ██████ ▐█████▌ ██████ ██
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██
██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███████████
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█ ███████████
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ █▀▄▀███████ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ██▄████████ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ████▀▄▀████ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ███ ███ ███ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ████▄▀▄████ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ ████████▀██ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ ███████▄▀▄█ ██
██▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
█████▀▄▄███████████▄▄▀█████
████ █████████████████ ████
███ ███████████████████ ███
██ █████████████████████ ██
██ █████████████████████ ██
██ ████████████   ██████ ██
███ ███████████   █████ ███
████ █████████████████ ████
█████▄▀▀███████████▀▀▄█████
████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
██ ▄▄▄▀▀███████████▀▀▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▄▀███████▀▄█████ ██
███▄▀█████▄▀███▀▄█████▀▄███
█████▄▀█████▄▀██████▀▄█████
███████▄▀█████▄▀██▀▄███████
█████████▄▀█████▄▀█████████
███▀▄▄▀▀▄██▄▀█████▄▀▀▄▀████
████ ██▄▀████▄▀███▀▄██ ████
████▀▄███▄▀▄███▄▀▄███▄▀████
██▀▄██▀▄▀▀█ ███ █▀▀▄▀██▄▀██
███▄▀▄████▄█████▄████▄▀▄███
LIVE SHOWS
SLOTS
BLACKJACK
  ROULETTE
  DUELS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CASHBACK
██&██
RAKEBACK
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
...Register Now...
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2020, 04:20:06 PM

Peter is obviously making this up to gain more attention. Look at the engagement his tweets are getting. He is clearly struggling to remain relevant.

I think he might be a bit jealous of CSW, what with all the "not your private keys, not you bitcoin" nonsense and what not going on.

Cheesy

Why would he care anyway, as bitcoin clearly holds 'no intrinsic value' for him, quite literally. Guess his password must be of value ?

Grin

Why bitcoin has intrinsic value ...
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5215927.msg53556510#msg53556510

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
Baoo

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 05:02:05 PM

Well, this old man is definitely searching for the attention through " Forgetting the password " and other trivial excuses, and to be honest I don't really care if this Peter Schiff lost his amount of Bitcoin or not, it does not even matter, and this information will never help me.
In fact, we need to ignore this kind of news to be honest, and focus on the things that can improve the era of Bitcoin in different ways , it would be through creating some Blockchain projects with a new ideas.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2020, 05:19:47 PM

Oh.. so this is the reason behind his bearish predictions with Bitcoin. Poor old man lost the private keys and password to his Bitcoin wallet and is therefore jealous of those who kept their coins securely. IMO, he should leave all this bitterness aside and move on with his regular life. It is still not too late to own a few coins. And Peter Schiff is still financially sound enough to purchase a few dozen BTC at the current market prices.
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2020, 05:22:24 PM

... and to be honest I don't really care if this Peter Schiff lost his amount of Bitcoin or not, it does not even matter, and this information will never help me.
I guess you're right, most of the topics here are already focused on a popular person. The OP asked on our thoughts on this common-sense situation, how will you react if someone lost huge money? a simple question with a basic answer right.

People nowadays are getting too much attention, If someone tweeted, it's already here in BTC discussion, every individual is important are always in this discussion as if it helps the growth of BTC in 2020. And btw, Peter Schiff will always take an opportunity to spit non-sense on the public, I'm tired of people like that.  
cabron

Activity: 2814
Merit: 597

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2020, 05:53:27 PM

When CW say something it has to be on the news so this Peter also wanted to be in the news without claiming he is satoshi.  We understood so that he wants BTC to drop but why does cointelegraph have to name him "perennial bitcoin bear Peter Schiff "? 

He'd be one of the person who will line up with Jaime Dimon  one day.

50 Cent

Activity: 519
Merit: 197

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 02:52:34 AM

Someone posted on twitter and already gives Trezor wallet to Peter Schiff,

https://twitter.com/anilsaidso/status/1219409624291430400
I hope he does not forget his wallet pin this time  Grin

awik p

Activity: 1526
Merit: 111

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 03:39:00 AM

Oh.. so this is the reason behind his bearish predictions with Bitcoin. Poor old man lost the private keys and password to his Bitcoin wallet and is therefore jealous of those who kept their coins securely. IMO, he should leave all this bitterness aside and move on with his regular life. It is still not too late to own a few coins. And Peter Schiff is still financially sound enough to purchase a few dozen BTC at the current market prices.
it is very unfortunate if the private key is lost and right now the property does not belong. but indeed this has its positive side, where the volume of bitcoin circulating in the market is getting smaller, thus allowing prices to grow faster. I think he is a great investor and knows what to do next

omone1

Activity: 843
Merit: 52

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 04:50:41 AM

Looking at the fact that Peter has been critical of bitcoin, this may just be another way of trying to discredit bitcoin and seek unsolicited attention from the public. He knew the sacredness of his password, it's his responsibility to keep it safe and not someone else.
tvplus006
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1655

To the Moon

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2020, 03:19:10 PM

He is saying "his wallet forget his password”. It may be possible that somebody hacked his password and changed it. There is seed with every wallet and you can always recover your password from that. Where is Peter Schiff seed? Its very easy to criticize bitcoin.

It is a pity that Peter Schiff did not publish the address of the wallet, it would be interesting to study its contents. If his password is hacked, there will be no bitcoins. And if we see bitcoins there, it means that no one hacked Peter Schiff's wallet.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 03:27:44 PM

Someone set it up for him?
Hmm.. something is also fishy out there.

Well, I dont think anyone could help him if someone already got it. Right?
It might not be loss but could be stolen.  Grin

Give this a month and a article about him will come out.
Ethereums

Activity: 518
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 03:42:39 PM

can't stop smiling with this case, I had once this situation and asking many services about recovering wallets.
Finally it back and I need 2 years to remind it, seriously 2 years to make that wallet open again.
Its surprisingly just because i input 1 char after original password while i changed my password routine.
Now i tried to use hardware like trezor to split my savings of coin. Hopefully nothing goes wrong from now on.
Like my friend mentioned me to save the paper card. And the recovering seeds on that paper card already on safety box.
Reatim

Activity: 2814
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 03:44:41 PM

Someone set it up for him?
Hmm.. something is also fishy out there.

Well, I dont think anyone could help him if someone already got it. Right?
It might not be loss but could be stolen.  Grin

Give this a month and a article about him will come out.

from a person that is not treating Bitcoin Good?no one could help Him because this is just His own created story,how can a man like him with all resources and very intelligent can just Lose his Password like that?

and you are definitely correct that in just a week or months he will have a Big words towards Bitcoin for sure.and we can expect it like what he always do.
Looking at the fact that Peter has been critical of bitcoin, this may just be another way of trying to discredit bitcoin and seek unsolicited attention from the public. He knew the sacredness of his password, it's his responsibility to keep it safe and not someone else.
almost every thread that talks about this issue has same theory that this is just another false statement from peter to discredit Bitcoin so expect anything soon from Him.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
wingfield_crypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 11:37:03 AM

I think Peter Schiff just wants to misinform about the potential of the BTC, for people to panic. I don't think ShapeShift is a platform with problems. Regarding the password, if he really owns 1 BTC on this exchange, his account password is spelled incorrectly by him. The man is very arrogant and I do not understand what he earns by discrediting Bitcoin.
pushups44 (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
January 24, 2020, 04:01:34 AM

I think Peter Schiff just wants to misinform about the potential of the BTC, for people to panic. I don't think ShapeShift is a platform with problems. Regarding the password, if he really owns 1 BTC on this exchange, his account password is spelled incorrectly by him. The man is very arrogant and I do not understand what he earns by discrediting Bitcoin.

He is obsessed with gold and I think he takes offense that bitcoin is compared to gold by its boosters. Jim Rickards is another gold bug with a problem with bitcoin. However, not all gold bugs are anti-bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: