Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:15:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reee: yahoo62278 and Yobit  (Read 229 times)
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2020, 09:11:12 PM

Since nullius wants to wrap up this whole saga all neat and tidy after he got what he wanted and wants to manage the backlash and his personal responsibility in the manner he has locked this thread, upon which a productive discussion was actually happening. I suspect that was a reason it was locked too. Can't have anyone coming to a consensus that doesn't fit within his own right?

My argument is guilt via association regardless of what Yobit did is a completely arbitrary distinction, and that is the source of endless conflict. Lets stick to burning people at the stake one at the time at least people, please?

Would you be against tagging accounts that were advertising "24 Hour Bitcoin Doubler - Just Send To This Address" in their signatures, and refused to remove it after a warning?

I don't know. The whole point is it is rather arbitrary. Do you argue such a thing is not largely arbitrary? What exactly is wrong with a neutral rating? People who aren't going to bother to look that far are 100% going to get their money stolen no matter how many people are tagged as if that stops people from making risky decisions.

All this mass tagging does is satiate the needs of the ones running around tagging and makes negative ratings meaningless with signal noise. This not only results in endless conflict that is antithetical to any decent community anyone wants to use, but allows actual serious con artists to hide in the noise and drama. All because Billy posted an ad you didn't like because XYZ. It is a simple risk vs reward calculation why this shouldn't be happening. We know what the risk is, we see it every day in the form of threads like these. What is the reward?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2020, 10:30:33 PM

Since nullius wants to wrap up this whole saga all neat and tidy after he got what he wanted and wants to manage the backlash and his personal responsibility in the manner he has locked this thread, upon which a productive discussion was actually happening. I suspect that was a reason it was locked too. Can't have anyone coming to a consensus that doesn't fit within his own right?

Did you ask him to unlock it, as he offered?

You probably wanted to continue in a topic you were able to lock at any time, right?

All this mass tagging does is satiate the needs of the ones running around tagging and makes negative ratings meaningless with signal noise.

Lead by example - remove your feedback that is based on personal feelings.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2020, 01:47:35 AM

Regarding clear objective standards to ascertain what might be worthy of a tag - I agree with you entirely. The problem however was (and still is) the lack of general consensus. If there was a uniformed stance against Yobit nothing would have made me happier and if there will be a uniformed stance for all present and future scams then it would be a great way to proceed.

You agree with me entirely? It seems you don't based on your statements. You are literally saying if everyone just agreed with me, everything would be fine, and since there is no consensus the only solution is to agree with your view. Either it is an objective standard or it is not. Guilt via association is not an objective standard and the reward for such activities is almost completely negative in sum even if a minuscule amount of scams are delayed. That is the problem, a fool and his money are soon parted regardless of how many red tags you can shit out. It accomplishes nothing and has many negative effects. All this Yobit situation demonstrates is public discussion works. The trust system just brought attention to it because people were abusing it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: