Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:08:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [FAKE SIGNUPS] Here's a list of some 5800+ fake accounts that joined WOLF bounty  (Read 194 times)
btcltcdigger (OP)

Activity: 1988
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 06:35:37 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2020, 07:38:23 PM by btcltcdigger

Like the title says, here's a link to a spreadsheet, with more than 5800 fake accounts that joined WOLF telegram bounty.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11o0m_EQ4CmaNUNxw5-k_9cd6W1E2IQa-oRQUfHY0ViI/edit?usp=sharing

Just to explain the headers of the xls:

BTT_REG - useraname they registered with
BTT_NAME - real username belonging to the profile they provided
PROFILE - profile url they provided
RANK - their rank
POSTS - number of posts they made
MERIT - number of merit

I basically filtered out people who have 0 or just 1 post.

Hopefully this list might help out someone, so feel free to nuke / neg them

EDIT: After checking some random accounts, it seems many are OLD accounts that were never used. So my guess is someone has a list of accounts dating back all the way to 2014 and is using them for signups.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2020, 07:08:58 PM

Where did they apply for the bounty - here on Bitcointalk or outside of Bitcointalk?

If this is the bounty thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5212178.0 then it doesn't look that you're requiring to verify the Bitcointalk account for the telegram bounty. You can't nuke or neg for that, the bot(s) could be submitting profile URLs that have nothing to do with it.
btcltcdigger (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 07:14:21 PM

Where did they apply for the bounty - here on Bitcointalk or outside of Bitcointalk?

If this is the bounty thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5212178.0 then it doesn't look that you're requiring to verify the Bitcointalk account. You can't nuke or neg for that, the bot(s) could be submitting profile URLs that have nothing to do with it.

In the forms, we require bitcointalk username, bitcointalk profile url, and bitcointalk application post number (the one in the upper right corner of every application).

I agree, they might apply with another person's account, and that has happened before in many campaigns, but there's over 5000 Brand New accounts, with 0 posts, that have "last active time" only few hours after their "create time", so it's pretty clear what they are.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2020, 07:29:25 PM

In the forms, we require bitcointalk username, bitcointalk profile url, and bitcointalk application post number (the one in the upper right corner of every application).

I agree, they might apply with another person's account, and that has happened before in many campaigns, but there's over 5000 Brand New accounts, with 0 posts, that have "last active time" only few hours after their "create time", so it's pretty clear what they are.

No, it's not clear at all, definitely not enough for a nuking or negging. Your thread doesn't even have 5000 posts so it doesn't make any sense.

BTW the post number can change if anyone deletes a post. Don't use it for verification like that.
btcltcdigger (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 07:30:55 PM

No, it's not clear at all, definitely not enough for a nuking or negging. Your thread doesn't even have 5000 posts so it doesn't make any sense.

BTW the post number can change if anyone deletes a post. Don't use it for verification like that.

Like i've edited in my OP

EDIT: After checking some random accounts, it seems many are OLD accounts that were never used. So my guess is someone has a list of accounts dating back all the way to 2014 and is using them for signups.

Edit: Changed the title to reflect the bigger issue, fake accounts and old accounts used to scam bounty projects
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 09:10:56 PM

Edit: Changed the title to reflect the bigger issue, fake accounts and old accounts used to scam bounty projects

It seems that you are right, but someone could just get this information and use real accounts. Unfortunately, but it is not known how many of these accounts are fake or abandoned. Nobody will ban them all.
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
January 28, 2020, 07:51:14 AM

Interesting, this is a second bounty you manage full of fake, farmed accounts.
This one was the previous > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5196724.0
Interesting if the participants can be compared to the list I made before and see if those are the some accounts from the previous bounty, or newly created farms.

Last time we manage to stop them, and big part got nuked but it's just too much work for the mods.

btcltcdigger (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2020, 08:49:32 AM

Interesting, this is a second bounty you manage full of fake, farmed accounts.

I know for a fact most bounty managers get them. Trick is to find them and expose them.

The ones you reported earlier, were newly created ones. Most of these are old unused accounts dating back to 2014.
Someone has a list or just scraped the forum for any account that hasn't been used since X days ago, and is using them to apply to simple Telegram campaigns, with projects that require no KYC.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: