Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:59:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: coinpayments.net : they don't refund late confirmed payments  (Read 133 times)
Bitcoin-Pro (OP)

Activity: 320
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2020, 08:15:54 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2020, 08:28:34 AM by Bitcoin-Pro

i was paid 0.00058 btc for service using coinpayments.net. but payment was late to confirm and it was stuck as timed out/cancelled.

https://www.coinpayments.net/supwiz-buyer
Payment ID : CPEA5NMQ3QDF6R3PDQSQWTM9HE

amount : 0.00058000
to : 33eH4UpJbe1p45YmrfFhRPVx9iAnjhUKMw
transaction : cf32f9fb201ee0025696c5d2677d7cbb62a9de581883258fdfbd5e57212d3c63

Payment info :
https://www.coinpayments.net/index.php?cmd=status&id=CPEA5NMQ3QDF6R3PDQSQWTM9HE&key=854ba9d0d85da55c57b7c02d5593c532

I created support ticket (#149114) and asked for refund :

Title : please refund payment timed out/cancelled transaction
Message :  please refund my payment because it was not confirmed on the time, now it's confirmed and moved to other address but i didn't receive any refund.

here is payment details :
Payment ID: CPEA5NMQ3QDF6R3PDQSQWTM9HE
amount : 0.00058000
to : 33eH4UpJbe1p45YmrfFhRPVx9iAnjhUKMw
transaction :
cf32f9fb201ee0025696c5d2677d7cbb62a9de581883258fdfbd5e57212d3c63

please send refund to this address :
xxxxxxxxxxxxx hidden xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for your time!

====

they replied :

RE: Payment ID or Address: CPEA5NMQ3QDF6R3PDQSQWTM9HE:

You provided us with a transaction that did not receive any funds and has timed out. Because there were no funds sent no refund is due or if funds were received after the timeout and a refund was available you have already claimed it. If you wish to make a purchase with the merchant, you will have to make the purchase again using the merchant's website. Please make sure to read all email alerts from our system as they inform you every step of the transaction.

There are however a few exceptions:

Double check your transaction numbers and payment addresses, a common error is creating two transactions. Paying for one and not the other. Make sure to check the transaction ID's to the payment addresses you sent to.
    If you are sending your coins from an exchange they may not have sent the funds yet. So please check with your exchange to see if it was processed; if it was, you can provide us with the blockchain txid and we can look for it, as long as it was sent to our wallets.
    If your coins have not yet confirmed (such as if you didn't pay any/enough TX fee), you should still receive an automatic email after they have confirmed. If you haven't received an email 8 hours AFTER your coins confirm you can reply to this ticket with a refund address and we can send them back to you.
    The other would be is, if you are sending from a wallet is not synced, you will have to wait for the client to catch up and send the payment. If it does send, you can provide us with the txid for it as well, and we can look into it, as long as it is sent to our wallets.

====

then they replied again :

Unfortunately the amount received is too small to refund since the coin TX fee to send it to you would be more than the refund amount. Make sure you have read the Tiny Refunds section of our User Agreement.

====

i replied

why you can't refund?? 0.00058 is +$5 you can't refund anything?

please refund at least 0.0003 btc or mark payment as paid and send it to seller address not to your address. i see payment confirmed and balance moved to other address.

how you can send it to your address, but you can't move to my address instead. you're cheating us i will remove your service from my sites and will use alternative.

i'm going to post your replies on  Scam Accusations at bitcointalk. if you don't process payment to seller or refund.

i just want to give warning to coinpayments.net because i think they are stealing late deposit payments.

if anyone need more details i can give my account login info so anyone can verify replies, info,..

UPDATE :
i post here screen-shot from support ticket replies :

refBitcoin.com - Bitcoin Marketing
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
January 28, 2020, 08:20:18 AM

There is not much you can do since they apparently have a policy about it. Their explanation about the tx fee makes little sense since they can easily refund you with a 1 sat/b fee.
Bitcoin-Pro (OP)

Activity: 320
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2020, 08:25:34 AM

There is not much you can do since they apparently have a policy about it. Their explanation about the tx fee makes little sense since they can easily refund you with a 1 sat/b fee.

they sent payment from deposit address to another one, they can do same but to my refund address.

i was using coinpayments as guest when purchase.
there were timer (~8 hours) to send deposit, and i read they do refund for late deposit,

but they never said about minimum deposit /refund in the deposit page. i don't want 0.00058 btc which has +44 confirmations now, but i don't want to see big bitcoin sites are cheating others with hidden rules or fees.

refBitcoin.com - Bitcoin Marketing
JeromeTash
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1213

Heisenberg

View Profile
January 28, 2020, 07:39:46 PM

How i hate such generic replies by a bot Grin
Maybe you should try contacting the support through any other social media platform like Facebook, Twitter or telegram.

Here are some links i got:
1. Telegram - https://t.me/coinpaymentsinc (best Option for instant support)
2. Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/CoinPayments
3.  Twitter  - https://twitter.com/CoinPaymentsNET

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██