Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:10:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SELL SELL SELL SELL  (Read 2603 times)
Crypt_Current (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
November 18, 2011, 10:48:43 PM

Do not like, not that I care about the price or have a long position (for god's sake!), but someone with a lot of coins ends up with even more.
That's not really desirable.

Anyway fun to watch,  Cheesy

Maybe someone with a lot of coins end up with more, but maybe a lot of small-timers end up with more too.  I started this downward spiral with 6 BTC, I stand to come out of it around 50 BTC.  Redistribution of wealth.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 18, 2011, 10:56:24 PM

I don't know - I've sold in July what I've bought in March, removed 2/3 of the money and now for half of the rest I've got nearly as much BTC as I started with.  Oh boy they are cheap again.  Let's see if betting against S3052 will work this time.
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 01:17:22 AM

I don't know - I've sold in July what I've bought in March, removed 2/3 of the money and now for half of the rest I've got nearly as much BTC as I started with.  Oh boy they are cheap again.  Let's see if betting against S3052 will work this time.

Hi brother. We're doing similar things here. I also bought some in March, sold in July and now got more BTC than before and more USD than before, also 2/3 of it still as USD. Yea, did some other trades, but that one was the main deal. Only difference is that you were a little smarter in buying back lazily, I'm already above my original BTC amount, so if it drops further, or you buy now at the low, you've beaten me. Good job! *thumbs up*

Anyways, I'm with you betting against the trend-followers. To victory~ Cool ... and if not, go down like a man, not like a crash-crybaby. Bitcooooin!

Oh, er, thread topic. Yea THE PRICE OF BITCOIN IS CRASHING SELL SELL SELL... oh wait, that was the topic in June? Huh
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 08:46:35 AM

If the trend is to reverse it will be by a massive short squeeze Smiley  I count on two things now - the conference, last time Bruce Wagner spoiled all conference news, but this time it should be different, and the Scientific American article.
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 09:13:42 AM

:-)
But more seriously, my analysis is not about betting.

It is a bout investing and trading to maximize returns.

There are times where things are clear and times where is is not so clear.

It is always better to follow the big trend and miss the first part of the reversal vs. betting on a reversal too soon, because you get burnt too often with that strategy.

For new strategic bitcoin positions, one should wait for prices to rise above 4 - 5$.

Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 11:30:18 AM

:-)
But more seriously, my analysis is not about betting.

It is a bout investing and trading to maximize returns.

There are times where things are clear and times where is is not so clear.

It is always better to follow the big trend and miss the first part of the reversal vs. betting on a reversal too soon, because you get burnt too often with that strategy.

For new strategic bitcoin positions, one should wait for prices to rise above 4 - 5$.

Sorry, but that gives a wrong impression.

It is by no means always better to follow a big trend, although admittedly it makes losses less likely. Getting burnt often does not mean making losses on average if there's a decent upside, as is in the case of Bitcoin.

There's always the option to estimate the probabilities for Kelly's Criterion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly_criterion) yourself and admit a high risk to be burnt. In exchange, one has a chance to get the massive profit between 2 and 4-5 in the example above. On a Kelly bet with 20% of your funds, that range alone pays for a >50% probability of a complete loss of the investment!

Using trends to keep speculating less bumpy, go ahead. Telling people who do it the rough way that their method is worse? Questionable.
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 12:54:15 PM

Vandroiy: Just to clarify: There is nothing wrong with speculating at current levels for a bounce to 4-5 $ which means 100% profit. All I am saying is that we distinguish between investment outlook (currently bearish until 4-5 $ are cleared) and short term trading where we give multiple buy and sell recos within a week. And this includes short term buying as well.

kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2011, 02:17:36 PM

All these "BUY BUY BUY" and "SELL SELL SELL" threads lack imagination and dimension. Why don't we start a "DISPERSE DISPERSE DISPERSE" thread instead?

PROFIT PROFIT PROFIT PROFIT!

NINE NINE NINE

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: