Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:22:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple users can send payments to bitcoin addresses  (Read 1485 times)
Tradefast (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:25:46 PM

Ripple users can make bitcoin payments directly from the Ripple client. We call it a Bitcoin Bridge and it gives Ripple users access to the entire Bitcoin economy.The Bitcoin Bridge is a simple protocol that connects the Ripple and Bitcoin networks. When you send money from Ripple to a Bitcoin address. Ripple was designed to be currency inclusive. It works on principle - send money to anyone from anywhere in any currency. Instead of promoting one currency or another, Ripple makes it easy to send payments in any currency.
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:34:50 PM

no one here cares about centralized unmineable ripple.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
Toby!

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:40:30 PM

no one here cares about centralized unmineable ripple.

I'd say people on here seem to care quite a lot about ripple.  Not mostly supporters of it, but care enough about it to comment as you have done.
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:46:28 PM

OK, can someone explain to me what the crap is Ripple?

How is it created if it is?
Or is this something like WU? But with none existent "Ripples"?

OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:50:50 PM

@Tradefast: Although I don't care about El Dude and his opinion, I'd rather like if you kept your postings out of the general bitcoin discussion - it's only provoking unneeded antagonistic reactions.
Since all 4 of your posts are thread-starters, and you don't seem to engage in any follow-up discussion, it looks very much like that is actually what you want to achieve (and on top, your statement looks like it was just copied verbally from some web page).
BTW, the bitcoin bridge does not work at the moment (unless Bitstamp has re-enabled it) so using it as a pro-Ripple argument is pretty lame.

Onkel Paul (who actually thinks Ripple is pretty nice if understood and used appropriately)

lnternet

Activity: 299
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:03:44 PM

I have tried to understand Ripple more than once but I can't seem to find a good explanation of it. Like technical explanation without code.

1ntemetqbXokPSSkuHH4iuAJRTQMP6uJ9
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:10:10 PM

@Tradefast: Although I don't care about El Dude and his opinion, I'd rather like if you kept your postings out of the general bitcoin discussion - it's only provoking unneeded antagonistic reactions.
Since all 4 of your posts are thread-starters, and you don't seem to engage in any follow-up discussion, it looks very much like that is actually what you want to achieve (and on top, your statement looks like it was just copied verbally from some web page).
BTW, the bitcoin bridge does not work at the moment (unless Bitstamp has re-enabled it) so using it as a pro-Ripple argument is pretty lame.

Onkel Paul (who actually thinks Ripple is pretty nice if understood and used appropriately)

wat , anyways ripple is terrible I see your a bagholder of it.

and I'll just leave this here  ripplescam.org

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
S4VV4S

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:21:52 PM

Thanks for the link dude.
It is exactly what I thought it was.
Nothing but a scam.

My question now is: is Bitstamp in on this?

OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:36:43 PM

You're obviously unaware that this ripplescam site was set up by TradeFortress, who most likely feared competition for his own business, and who in the end left his own users with significant losses when the bitcoins on his service were "stolen"...
Most of the statements on that site are false or half-true to the point of misleading.

Onkel Paul

S4VV4S

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:59:40 PM

You're obviously unaware that this ripplescam site was set up by TradeFortress, who most likely feared competition for his own business, and who in the end left his own users with significant losses when the bitcoins on his service were "stolen"...
Most of the statements on that site are false or half-true to the point of misleading.

Onkel Paul

Can you please provide more details?

It would be nice if I know more info.
Then I can draw a more correct conclusion.

pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:01:32 PM

Do you know who owns that website?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: