Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:16:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Linux VS Windows  (Read 220 times)
Mallyx

Activity: 1138
Merit: 574

View Profile
January 30, 2020, 08:36:21 AM

I own a similar paranoia when I'm using Windows.
Obliviously Windows is the malicious favorite target, and also the most vulnerable for users that never learnt to protect it.

Most of the famous Linux distro offer a very good experience to the end users, even for not techy peoples. My only issue with Linux is the hardware management, and software compatibility.

That's why I'm using Linux as my main OS, for all kind of things, then Windows only for gaming.
As a paranoid user of Windows, both OS are each on a different computer. Xubuntu on laptop, Windows on desktop.

In my head Windows always been itself a virus  Grin

I was thinking to get another laptop to manage windows and all thing relevant o bitcoin there, and as you say, the windows for games or design jobs.

If it's not a blocking situation, it might be the best solution for you.
I just feel really uncomfortable by connecting or owning any sensitive data on Windows. So splitting was the best way I found.

Go with dual boot dudes, why buy new hardware just to use different OS when same could be done by dual booting right ?

I just don't like to have Linux sharing the same SSD and hardware with Windows.
Malwares are more and more sophisticated, and feeds my paranoia.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: