Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:35:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing 1$ every day in bitcoin over the last five years  (Read 5003 times)
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 04:50:23 AM

What if you also not just invest any time but you try to buy the dips could it help ?

If it was so simple, then everyone would have done that and become millionaires. Ideally, it is never recommended to purchase any asset, when it's price is falling. In the stock market, there is even a saying which goes like this: "Don't catch a falling knife". The purchase should be done when the recovery phase is going on, and not when the prices are falling like a rock. But then, there are several strategies, and purchasing for a fixed amount every day is one of them.

There are always strategy that being build from time to time.

You can continue buying such assets ifyou fully believe that there's something big that will happen along the way, many people around
trading market creates there respective ventures and expect that day will come and what they've invest with will bring them decent amount of profits.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pom_bensin

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 07:50:39 AM

things like that are very interesting and good, because the person applies a good and detailed savings system. I think not everyone can do that because it takes a long time and patience
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2020, 12:19:21 PM

things like that are very interesting and good, because the person applies a good and detailed savings system. I think not everyone can do that because it takes a long time and patience

While investing in various stocks and mutual funds, it is possible to have a SIP system (Systematic Investment Plan). You can just specify the amount that you want to invest and the broker will do the rest for you. But such things are not possible with cryptocurrency, as you need to do everything on your own. And when this method is not automated, there is always the possibility that emotions will come to interfere and at some point you will deviate from the fixed plan.
kentrolla

Activity: 1540
Merit: 565

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2020, 12:40:45 PM

What if you also not just invest any time but you try to buy the dips could it help ?

If it was so simple, then everyone would have done that and become millionaires. Ideally, it is never recommended to purchase any asset, when it's price is falling. In the stock market, there is even a saying which goes like this: "Don't catch a falling knife". The purchase should be done when the recovery phase is going on, and not when the prices are falling like a rock. But then, there are several strategies, and purchasing for a fixed amount every day is one of them.

I agree with you but even if the price falls everyday it Should pump anyhow because that's the nature of the market if I am not wrong, but I am not saying to start buy from tomorrow. Let's say I am investing 1$ from BTC price goes to 5k in upcoming days I started and price is dropping slowly but I will not stop even if the price goes to 3k, when the price gradually increases then definitely I can make more money where loss can be calculated as profit 3times. Just have a try I believe it will surely work and we can make more profit.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 07:58:38 PM

What does this link have to do with the topic of this thread? 

By the way, anyone still entering into bitcoin should continue with his/her practice of investing into BTC on a regular basis no matter the direction of the BTC price..

Surely some of us recommend weekly rather than daily purchases, but surely sometimes you may be able to strategize the timing of your purchases or spread it through the week.l but to try to have some kind of budget in which you are regularly buying whether it ends up being deployed on a weekly basis or some other timeline that feels suitable to your assessment of your particular situation.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 08:00:37 PM

For others it could be compare as buying cigarettes or coffee everyday,
But $1 could also be enough for some people to feed their family those who are struggling to survive each day.
I personally like to follow your path on investing daily in crypto but I think it is better to keep it on Fiat first then wait for the price to get low so you could have more BTC.

Mahanton

Activity: 2702
Merit: 625

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 08:23:16 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

But $1 could also be enough for some people to feed their family those who are struggling to survive each day.
I personally like to follow your path on investing daily in crypto but I think it is better to keep it on Fiat first then wait for the price to get low so you could have more BTC.

If you do have that kind of mindset on letting for it to sit on fiat then you are missing out lots of potential on gaining profit because we know bitcoin can move out high
in year to year basis.When you will get in? If the price is already high? Better to start early and $1 wont really be that hard on everyday save up but the point you had
said that not all do have the capacity on doing that because not all parts of the world is having the same financial state or situation.
There are indeed people who do have a hard time on even just having that 1 bucks to save on but rather it would be used for their daily survival.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 08:29:02 PM

Well acener, anyone who is choosing an appropriate amount to invest into BTC whether it is averaging out to $1 per day or some other amount that they believe is reasonable, needs to be assuring that they are choosing an amount that is clearly within a reasonable budget for them and sustainable... and they should be makoing sure to have their expenses covered.. so in that sense, they need to have an extra amount that is dedicated towards investing in BTC and not anticipating to be used in their expenses (even emergency expenses) for several years into the future.. hopefully 4 years or longer, but even 10, 20 or 30 years may well be reasonable for longer term planners and/or people who are young enough to plan that far into the future of their investments.

Personally, I do believe that once the budget is established, then such budget could be apportioned to also accomplish some attempt to buy on dips as well as continuing to invest on a regular basis (no matter what since none of us can really be sure about whether there will be a dip nor how much of a dip there will be if such a dip comes).   So personally I do believe that there are three categories of money that has been dedicated for investing and those are amounts dedicated for 1) buying right away, 2) DCAing and 3) buying on dips... and once anyone figures out their situation they can also figure out what works for them within those three categories of ongoingly accumulating a BTC position.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
milani

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 10:01:36 PM

This is a great idea. But I miss this opportunity. So now I am wondering where Bitcoin will go in the future. Correcting all the previous mistakes and now I have a plan for Bitcoin. Now every month I buy a few dollars worth of bitcoin. Now if I buy $ 100 worth of Bitcoin a month, how many dollars will I have after five years? Now that's how I think. Hopefully, I will get good results this time by learning from past mistakes.

Yes, you are quite right, lots of people made mistakes of such kind, especially nowadays when they see the price of Bitcoin now. But they would not regret at all in case the BTC's price was like in 2019, for example. It is not so easy to predict the future situation on the market and everyone should understand this and remember that the today's situation may be just quite another in some months or a year. And it may change like in positive way, so it may change in the decreasing as well. But it may also bring the profit in case the price will be increasing.
OpenCryptoSystem

Activity: 182
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 05, 2021, 03:51:47 PM

Best way is to buy low sell high.
Buy not low low but buy just low
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2021, 04:23:25 PM

Best way is to buy low sell high.
Buy not low low but buy just low

These words are appropriate upto a certain limit.
If you don’t have the capacity to bear losses then it’s better to be stay out of dreaming of keeping high balance in BTC.
Predicting the price of the coin is not a easy task, you need to give damn good calculation tactis to predict the price.
Moreover the price also depends on user’s usage so it’s really hard to say anything.
So at last there is no fixed time to wait for the perfect opportunity, buy whenever you can.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2021, 05:13:32 PM

This thread was posted almost an year back and now the values would have changed a lot. As per OP, if we had invested $1 every day in Bitcoin from 2015 to 2020, then we could have ended up with a profit of $20,405 from an investment of $1,858. But back then, the exchange rate was $9,276 per coin. It has increased to $32,646.59 as of now. Since nothing else has changed, the equation becomes something like this:

A profit of $71,815 from an investment of $1,858. That is an ROI of 3,865%. 
ngocdhbk2

Activity: 404
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2021, 05:45:32 PM

It is really hard for us to see the benefits that the article mentioned because it is just a very small amount of money every day you spend on Bitcoin but its value is huge. I really got a lot of experience and was helpful in the article.

DarkDays
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189

View Profile
January 05, 2021, 05:49:58 PM

I think the analogy of investing 1$ every day for the next 5 years is only durable if you create a common pot to store that money.Otherwise, if you buy in every time you will get wrecked in fees. At least after the 5 year period your pot will be able to withstand the fees much better.

But, I think what's important here is not so much the logistics of saving $1 every day and how and where to put it, but more about the need to learn how to finance yourself better, and that investment is the way. And, that's the core of the message.
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2021, 09:43:02 PM

I think the analogy of investing 1$ every day for the next 5 years is only durable if you create a common pot to store that money.Otherwise, if you buy in every time you will get wrecked in fees. At least after the 5 year period your pot will be able to withstand the fees much better.

But, I think what's important here is not so much the logistics of saving $1 every day and how and where to put it, but more about the need to learn how to finance yourself better, and that investment is the way. And, that's the core of the message.

I agree the fees would of eaten into saving $1 daily where as if someone saved up that $1 each day and then put it into Bitcoin at the end of each month might do a little better but then you hope that the price remains the same for the whole month. I think the idea of saving $1 a day in Bitcoin is a smart choice as it has paid dividends right now and I think it will even in the long term as most of us believe that Bitcoin is going a lot higher then it is now.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
sayaya17

Activity: 1638
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 05, 2021, 10:30:47 PM

Perfect idea. He’s been doing that since January 2015. In that year it recorded the price of bitcoin at $200 and at the end of 2015 we recorded it at US$ 420.
That person’s profit in a year has  reached $220  multiplied by  $365, of  course  this is a  tremendous  result.  If  you  multiply it  by the  year  2021  today,
that would have made him a billionaire. But at that time bitcoin  was not as  popular as it is today.  There were  still many people who were not interested in
investing back then.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  

Jump to: