Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:59:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is sort of Dapp you would like to see built on particl privacy platfrom next?  (Voting closed: February 17, 2020, 03:41:20 PM)
Mobile marketplace before new Dapps - 4 (50%)
social media platform - 1 (12.5%)
P2P forum/chat - 0 (0%)
Video/movie sharing - 1 (12.5%)
P2P forum/chat - 1 (12.5%)
Other - 1 (12.5%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the next Dapp you want to see built?  (Read 343 times)
mbacoinin

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2020, 11:40:28 AM

Hi all,

Unfortunately I have lost access to my old account (since 2013) so I had to create a new one Smiley

I am super excited with Particl's Open Marketplace. I accidentally discovered it a few months ago and I have been using it since then.

So far I had 7 order completed. All of them went through flawlessly and I received the items. The most interesting part is the prices on those items were suprisingly low.

Dunno maybe some of the sellers are trying to sell items at loss to attract people to the Open Marketplace ...

https://i.postimg.cc/NF6XFpSt/Particl-Purchase-History.png

Note: If I hadn't shared my purchase history, it is impossible for anyone to figure out that any on those transactions/buys did ever occur

A true private P2P DeCommerse and it is already happening....

Cheers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dadon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2020, 01:02:02 PM

couldn't of explained that better myself! Grin it's a lot to wrap your head around but once you get it you can't help but love it!
dadon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2020, 01:03:06 PM

Hi all,

Unfortunately I have lost access to my old account (since 2013) so I had to create a new one Smiley

I am super excited with Particl's Open Marketplace. I accidentally discovered it a few months ago and I have been using it since then.

So far I had 7 order completed. All of them went through flawlessly and I received the items. The most interesting part is the prices on those items were suprisingly low.

Dunno maybe some of the sellers are trying to sell items at loss to attract people to the Open Marketplace ...

Note: If I hadn't shared my purchase history, it is impossible for anyone to figure out that any on those transactions/buys did ever occur

A true private P2P DeCommerse and it is already happening....

Cheers

Sorry to hear about your account I also lost access to mine, the hacker changed my email and everything, but I still had access to the email address I used to create the account here with it back in 2013 so that helped a lot in recovering it maybe try emailing here > If your account was hacked Email recoveries...@bitcointalk.org, ideally from the account's email address. Include your username and a brief description of the details of how/when the account was hacked. A signature will likely be required (see below) from > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5089777.0

You might of already tried this but it's worth a shot if you haven't Smiley thanks for your review on the marketplace! there has been some small issues with SMSG system due to lack of network size at this point so glad to hear your not experiencing too much lag in sending/receiving of orders/updates etc. Roadmap for 2020 looks absolutely amazing also..the "In-Client" Crypto to Fiat Deposit/withdrawal is the one thing that really caught my attention  Cool these are the features needed to take this mainstream!

junkerr

Activity: 1022
Merit: 100

Meta4uStake.io

View Profile
February 06, 2020, 01:13:43 PM

Mobile platforms are likely to become more and more. but the exchange platform will also continue to exist but as now many exchange platforms have happened but not many have succeeded. social media platforms that manage their crypto are likely to become a new trend in the future.

dadon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2020, 01:45:29 PM

Mobile platforms are likely to become more and more. but the exchange platform will also continue to exist but as now many exchange platforms have happened but not many have succeeded. social media platforms that manage their crypto are likely to become a new trend in the future.
as you can probably see from my signature I am all for Disruption Smiley the more P2P platforms there are the better the future is going to be IMO when it comes to things such as privacy, free speech and other related topics. what I like about particl is the fact we are building an entire Eco-system of DAPPs with the marketplace being the first of many planned applications that will be added to our platforms infrastructure. I like to look at the market as a "Proof of concept" of what can and will be built on particl network. in the future I imagine something along the lines of this for particl

"One password One profile(Alias)tied to one reputation that follows you from dapp to dapp , with these dapps being anything from finance/trading/E-commerce/gaming/social media/gambling/chat/forums/classifieds/webcam streaming/video streaming/movie sharing/file sharing all information distributed and encrypted 100% private 100% decentralized"

I like the idea of having one client/coin where I can do everything I need or want to do in private and that is what Particl is aiming to deliver it's users! + it's Built on BTC codebase so PART it's native currency is atomic swap compatible with BTC so it also gives me a platform to spend and use my Bitcoin! just by atomic swapping it into PART and loading my balance(future feature).

It's a whole new private and decentralized global ecosystem where your data stays your data! legit "for the people by the people" sort of stuff Cool We have an SDK in the works so soon anybody who can code a little will be able to build and launch their own custom dapps on our network, we have speculated on the probable need for some form of in client Dapp store as you would not want to download a client that was full of dapps you might not want to use. Instead with a dapp store you could just have a "bare-bones" client at initial download with just basic function send/receive etc and the Dapp store.. and then you would just pick and choose what Dapps you wish to download and plug in to the particl client. Would keep it a lot cleaner we are thinking.

And yes Mobile is a big part of our future roadmap, the mobile version of our marketplace is set to become available at some point this year, it will likely be a type of "lite wallet" that connects to an outside node for faster syncing but full usability of all of the desktop clients market features.
CrowPow

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2020, 12:19:19 PM

Cool marketplace application! Even decentralized and thus no third party beeing involved, nice.

I installed it along the proposed procedure and created a separate marketplace wallet. Now I am waiting to get my ordered item from the seller. It's said it's in shipping status right now.

This trustless MAD-Escrow System is kind of interesting. I would like to have this also for other applications. Each one should have such a private MAD-Escrow, e.g. for making appointments.

I recently wanted to sell privately a car, and was waiting for the potential buyer to show up. Despite his confirmation he didn't came as previously arranged. If we could have set up a small MAD-Escrow for both parties, this might have been a higher motivation for both parties not to dismiss the arrangement.
Thus, a private MAD-Escrow system, for example on a mobile device, would be a nice DAPP as well.

I also like the idea of a charity App!
No_2

Activity: 901
Merit: 1031

BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources

View Profile
February 14, 2020, 12:45:28 PM

Can you increase the time for the survey to an indefinite end date?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: