Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:18:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Is Bitcoin: Internet’s Native Money or Asset for Speculation?  (Read 243 times)
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
February 06, 2020, 04:42:32 PM

I'd rather call bitcoins as a asset for speculation because bitcoins do not possess the functions and characteristics of any financial monetary system which makes bitcoins a currency used online to speculate the markets and earn profits from the high volatility nature of bitcoins. Bitcoins needs a lot of renovations in order to get accepted by the globe as a medium of payment.

High volatility nature makes bitcoins stay far away from getting accepted as a mean of payment because the value keeps on changing ever hour which would not give a stable source of payments for local business operators. There have been a lot of such articles stating views from different individuals but at last it depends on us about which article to trust and take the rest for granted.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
-Multivitamina- (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2020, 09:20:15 PM

@-Multivitamina-, the source of the article (forklog.media) is your site or not? If it is not your site, you are better to write down the introduction of the topic on the OP with your own words! And it will be more interesting if you also add your own opinion there. So, you are not only asking people but you also try to deliver an opinion.

About the Bitcoin, I think it is clearly enough that it is still a speculative asset for now. Even it is the safest coin in crypto investment, but it also has high risk, especially about the volatility in price. While to call it as the internet’s native money, I doubt if all online/digital businesses use Bitcoin as a primary payment tool.
Hi! I'm kinda related to this online magazine. Our goal is to explain what's up with crypto and why it's important. I share our posts here on Bitcointalk because I believe that the community may benefit from these features.

I hope you don't end up like this guy, I sincerely apologize to everyone. And really genuine and doing everything in good faith for sharing your links into a website you admittedly

Otherwise you are just using this community to drive traffic into your website. Very shady tactic and frown up.by majority of the members here.

Edit: Just what I thought: List of advertising shills. Mods please review and ban as appropriate..
Hi Baofeng! Thanks. I've responded to that accusation. I deem it an explicit witch-hunt.

forklog.media — What's up with crypto and why it's important
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
February 07, 2020, 12:45:26 PM

They need to look at numbers and not take facts out of their asses. If Bitcoin is not a good store of value then how come all people who bought before Winter of 2017 have more than they had in terms of real value?

If you bought a car in 2013-17 with your fiat and someone else bought Bitcoin that other guy can now buy 10 or more of similar new cars. To me that's an obvious case of growth and that's more than I need from a store of value.
Maybe some people say that Bitcoin is not a good store of value because it contradicts the definition. A store of value simple refers to an asset that has a market value is not depreciating or decreasing over time such as Gold. Bitcoin's market value is volatile, or changing from time to time; including backdrops in its market price which makes it risky to some people, despite of the fact that its market value is increasing for a long run especially in the previous years.
To make it clear, it is now a new form of investment, because storing fiat to crypto or Bitcoin perhaps, most of the time, is to earn profit over time given that its market value is increasing in the long run.

Currently, still in the earliest phase, bitcoin is used by a few people and with some whales that can make good and bad weather. This is why it is still speculative. In a few years we will be here to talk about it instead as "Internet's Native Money" and then everything will be much clearer.
There will be more years to come for sure before that day would come when Bitcoin is used by most of the people, and I think it is when its market value is stable.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: