Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:29:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How AI Could Help Stop the Spread of the Coronavirus  (Read 105 times)
JessicaVL (OP)

Activity: 346
Merit: 47

View Profile
February 05, 2020, 01:22:07 PM

With everything that is going on with the Coronavirus at the moment, I found it very interesting to read how AI could have a hand in preventing it and other viruses from spreading.
Do you guys think AI will have a hand in preventing the next major pandemic?
https://4king.com/how-ai-could-help-stop-the-spread-of-the-coronavirus/
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2020, 03:38:11 PM

With everything that is going on with the Coronavirus at the moment, I found it very interesting to read how AI could have a hand in preventing it and other viruses from spreading.
Do you guys think AI will have a hand in preventing the next major pandemic?

I read an article elsewhere that in January AI was in fact used to predict spread rate and it was used by other countries to prepare. This might explain part of the success in containing it.

Normally i wouldn't have spread beyond Wuhan but the Wuhan authorities were negligent. The central gov did act better but many people has traveled by then, and yet at their destination most have been screened and quarantined and treated if positive.

Now it is a matter of keeping people from moving and spreading it to others until the virus dies by itself. If a cure of vaccine comes around it would be too late.

But AI can only do so much, there is a lot of people moving at the same time worldwide. Better transport made it easier than ever to propagate diseases, they have to be fought globally as they know no borders.

Still, its worrisome that lately China has been the source of various nasty outbreaks. I doubt they are engineered, but it might have something to do with their culture and eating habits...

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
aiguy
Copper Member

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2020, 04:23:10 PM

Robots using AI are minimizing contact between humans
A range of AI-based robots have emerged during recent months that help in the COVID-19 battle by reducing contact between patients and health care workers – minimizing the risk of cross-infections
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: