Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:46:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Talking about what is bad and what is good  (Read 330 times)
Decrypted (OP)

Activity: 209
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 06, 2020, 03:49:06 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2020, 04:11:05 AM by Decrypted

Hi everyone!

I do not like to write a lot, so do not be angry that I will just throw it here ..

I saw a lot of threads about Yobit being a scam, and about other projects a lot of bad stuff too ...

On the subject of coin mixing projects I saw split sentences, because it can be done and not everyone who uses it is criminals. Does not matter.. or matter..  Roll Eyes

I will give an example of selling accounts on Bitcointalk. If the mixers are ok, because not only bad people use them, then why something that is tolerated by forum rules, i.e. selling accounts, is marked as a scam?

If mixers are ok, so why selling accounts have to be referred to as scam in advance, or vice versa: why should the mixer be considered not to be a scam?

Have fun! Wink

Edit, PS

Please, do not use my account trust as an argument. It doesn't matter in this discussion.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
February 06, 2020, 04:58:07 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2020, 05:53:16 AM by andulolika

Hi everyone!

I do not like to write a lot, so do not be angry that I will just throw it here ..

I saw a lot of threads about Yobit being a scam, and about other projects a lot of bad stuff too ...

On the subject of coin mixing projects I saw split sentences, because it can be done and not everyone who uses it is criminals. Does not matter.. or matter..  Roll Eyes

I will give an example of selling accounts on Bitcointalk. If the mixers are ok, because not only bad people use them, then why something that is tolerated by forum rules, i.e. selling accounts, is marked as a scam?

If mixers are ok, so why selling accounts have to be referred to as scam in advance, or vice versa: why should the mixer be considered not to be a scam?

Have fun! Wink

Edit, PS

Please, do not use my account trust as an argument. It doesn't matter in this discussion.
Because financial privacy is a right and selling accounts is just scamming without fucking your identity.

Yobit is a shitexchange I been generating FUD towards for years now , I stopped and given them a chance and they left a shit so big it seems is buddha's himself shit. They allow scamcoins scamicos and besides thinking too much of their profit their support is poor and they aren't reliable.
Also, they been seizing the funds they airdroped for no reason to quite a lot of users.

Edit: would of appreciated if dude under translated that proverb.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
~DefaultTrust
Copper Member

Activity: 1554
Merit: 487

Stop the war!

View Profile
February 06, 2020, 05:37:04 AM

~

Russian proverb:
He бyди Лиxo
Пoкa oнo тиxo

In this topic you will learn how inventive people can be when it comes to justifying their 0.15BTC / month  Grin
Earnings on mixers is the last thing that keeps high-ranking shitposters on this forum.

Do not trust bitcointalk fascists: leonello; Snork1979; ivan1975
Decrypted (OP)

Activity: 209
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 06, 2020, 06:48:35 AM
Merited by TMAN (1)

Edit: would of appreciated if dude under translated that proverb.

With all due respect to rakia, I think you should end it for today ...Wink
~DefaultTrust
Copper Member

Activity: 1554
Merit: 487

Stop the war!

View Profile
February 06, 2020, 07:03:07 AM

Translate:

let sleeping dogs lie

don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you

Do not trust bitcointalk fascists: leonello; Snork1979; ivan1975
coupable

Activity: 2338
Merit: 757

View Profile
February 06, 2020, 12:33:20 PM

All kinds of businesses [including scams] are not moderated by bitcointalk forum. Mixers, shitcoin exchanges, scam ICOs, fishy airdrop, ...etc are all allowed to use the forum as long they don't break rules causes the perma/temp ban [spam,boost,plagiarism...]. But, the trust system is the method used by the forum community to rise awareness about risky businesses and shady activities.
Even Yobit is confirmed as a shady exchange using scammy methods to deceive its users, it is still using the forum to promote itself and none has anything to do against it but to rise more red flags by creating confirmed accusations. I saw this happened with livecoin too and many other businesses including account sell .
It's typically the same with mixers who are somehow proved scams, but we can't accuse mixer users to be all scammers as we can't prove this. And if so, we can't blame mixers as not everybody is using it to hide stolen money. Exactly like with real money, we can't blame the bank who store money if we can prove that it's owner stole it somehow .
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
February 06, 2020, 03:37:37 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2020, 03:48:41 PM by marlboroza

Apples and oranges. So you mixed everything you could mix and created really weird thread.
On the subject of coin mixing projects I saw split sentences, because it can be done and not everyone who uses it is criminals. Does not matter.. or matter..
You shouldn't drive car because criminals use roads.
Don't use banks either because criminals have bank accounts.
Also, rumor has it that criminals use internet so better go offline.
Don't eat, criminals use dirty money to buy food, it is best to stay away from all stores. Grow your own food!
When I figure out what other things criminals do, or, use, I will let you know.
then why something that is tolerated by forum rules
It is tolerated probably because no one can really stop account trades. There was also something about "moderating something will lead to false sense of security" but I will have to double check this.
is marked as a scam
Imagine trusted escrow sells their account. Would you consider that worth of tag? I mean, what can possible go wrong, account ends up in scammer's hands and easily pulls large scam. Would you consider that escrow person trustworthy? Or someone sells high ranked account to scammer and they do "exit loan scam". Or someone buys accounts and abuse everything they can (campaigns, merit, spam, shills for projects, bump...). Or someone sells DT account and they scam people who trusted original owner. Would you consider seller trustworthy in this case? Or someone sells hacked account, administration maybe ban account which is scamming buyer then.  It is just shady as it can be, that's why.

Not saying that all account buyers will scam/abuse, but why not sending neutral trust to accounts to make users aware that account changed owner or will change owner? Oh, probably because no one will buy account then(read above).
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 4152

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2020, 11:17:02 PM

The forum offers the opportunity for everything one to advertise their business then it's left for the community to differentiate between the good and the bad. Do understand that the forum doesn't moderate signature campaign so technically it means it's operating a free market. The only time a campaign ad was banned for weeks (to my knowledge) was due to the level of spam it was generating as the campaign was unmoderated (not properly managed) by a campaign manager and not because it was tagged unsafe due to their shady practices.

The mixer been promoted, haven't scammed anyone for you to tagged them unsafe and the service they offer is beneficial since they offer the possibility of staying anonymous when you feel the need to, irrespective of your personal agenda. That more of their patronizers is coming from illegally activities doesn't mean their service been offered is unsafe for use. Like other users have highlighted, man can't stop flying because people die of plane crash.

If you feel you're not comfortable with the ads been displayed them make use of the disable button available in your profile settings. As for the selling of account issue, it isn't against the forum rules although it's highly frownd at and discourage since it has more negative effect to the forum than positive.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
AlexSimion

Activity: 1078
Merit: 210

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 07, 2020, 08:02:33 AM

snip

Well my 2 cents here would be towards the reason of selling/buying an account . There's no positive in it no matter how you look at it . Lets break it down:
1.  - to promote scams , ponzi's etc ( no need to explain why this is bad )
2.  - ban evading
3.  - participating in bounty campaings , signature campaigns ( this is probably as bad as 1. , 2.  - cause basically there are people here working hard to try and raise their accounts status , and maybe at one point get accepted into a well paying signature campaign  ,  and there you have the random pleb , who buys an hero - legendary account , and taking the place , and $ , of people who've actually put in hard work towards this and not just buy an account in 2 seconds off the market )

While on the mixers part arguably it can and probably is used for shady reasons , but there are also countless legit people using it for financial privacy.

So OP can you tell me any positive in account sales ?

iamsheikhadil

Activity: 1022
Merit: 133

View Profile
February 09, 2020, 02:48:11 PM

I didn't understand your full question but what I have understood is you asking why advertising mixers are okay while selling/buying accounts aren't?

The simple explanation is like this : selling of guns are legal in US. Guns can do harm. Guns can be used to murder still it's legal. Why? Because guns can be for self defense too. Just like everything has positive and negative sides. But breaking traffic signal is illegal in US.

Tell me, is breaking traffic signal a worse crime than using a gun for murder? No. Still selling of guns is legal yet traffic signals breaking is illegal.

Analogy is simple, what's legal or illegal depends on the harm. And anything which is legal can be misused, and when it's misused, it's illegal.
tvplus006
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1655

To the Moon

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2020, 12:46:40 PM

I'll give you a simple example to make it easy for you to deal with mixers. We all know that nuclear energy can be used for both peaceful and military purposes. It can provide electricity to cities, or it can destroy them. Then maybe we should ban the use of nuclear energy? So it all depends on the goal that you are pursuing and it depends only on you. Because mixer is a special service that allows you to remain anonymous, but it can also be used for money laundering.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██