Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:28:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Rooted Mobile Devices Good or Bad?  (Read 596 times)
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1341

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2020, 08:26:39 PM

Very interesting discussion. In past I wanted to root my phone, mainly because it had very little memory available, it was occupied by pre-installed apps that I didn't used, so I wanted to remove it. But I didn't tried it because I had little knowledge and was afraid to brick my phone.
But now I don't see many reasons to root my phone. I use stock Android (Android One series) which comes without pre-installed bloatware. And another reason - I don't want to lose warranty.

ZeeeN

Activity: 297
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 10, 2020, 08:28:40 PM

have some little problem with banking app it always say can't use when you use root device.

but it can fix this problem with magisk to use magisk hide.

ps. im not recommend to apk outside playstore.
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2020, 09:52:19 PM

Very interesting discussion. In past I wanted to root my phone, mainly because it had very little memory available, it was occupied by pre-installed apps that I didn't used, so I wanted to remove it. But I didn't tried it because I had little knowledge and was afraid to brick my phone.
But now I don't see many reasons to root my phone. I use stock Android (Android One series) which comes without pre-installed bloatware. And another reason - I don't want to lose warranty.
It's really not recommended or suggested that your warranty is not expired yet and you can't root your mobile phone to avoid losing warranty unless it expired already and your warranty is not valid anymore then it's okay to root your phone if you wanted to. It all depends on the person. I have read many replies in this thread and most are suggesting that mobile phones is not recommended to root when your mobile phone is a new model unlike the old ones which don't have full control at all or atleast some.
ZeeeN

Activity: 297
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 10, 2020, 10:06:07 PM

It's really not recommended or suggested that your warranty is not expired yet and you can't root your mobile phone to avoid losing warranty unless it expired already and your warranty is not valid anymore then it's okay to root your phone if you wanted to. It all depends on the person. I have read many replies in this thread and most are suggesting that mobile phones is not recommended to root when your mobile phone is a new model unlike the old ones which don't have full control at all or atleast some.

i think today everyone root because it come with custom rom.

don't worry about warranty if flash twrp when have problem you can flash rom back.

when phone have some problem you can flash original rom  before sent to phone service.

Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2020, 10:19:50 PM

This is a hard to answer question. In general Android is insecure, and rooting it is akin to running windows as administrator all the time (which a worrisome amount of people do anyways).

In an ideal world, smartphones wouldn't come with unwanted software users are not allowed to remove, additionally the likes of AT&T wouldn't add even more of that software if you make the mistake of turning the phone with their chip still in the first time (specially when you are in a completely different country). Also ideally they would provide security updates and even OS upgrades, but the vast majority won't.

The smartphone ecosystem is bad. Apple is a little but not much better, what with dropping support (no security updates) to perfectly working devices because its out of fashion for them.

In general, if you don't have a really pressing need to root your phone, don't. If you just wanted to remove junk, you could root, remove, unroot. But, not all phones can be "rooted" safely, and some can be bricked. Also try not to leave the adb thing enabled when you play with the thing, preferably never go online with that, its a serious infection vector.

Good or bad, well depends if you truly know what your doing, which is sadly not the usual case.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print