Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:34:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Hardware wallet really secure enough?  (Read 693 times)
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 11, 2020, 04:20:30 PM

Personally I will just use paper wallet and store them there find safe location and keep it there There is no need for expensive hardware but if you want that there are some hardware wallet that are secured enough It depends on your handling most of the time
Paper wallet is the best choice ever but regarding the trezor's problem and the developer of trezor has already made an announcement about that. it seems like that people aware of that and they are setting the passphrase to secure their funds on the trezor wallet.

gundala

Activity: 896
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 11, 2020, 07:39:49 PM

For sensitive matters related to security like this, it's good for the OP to include the news link that you read, so we can analyze it together, who knows there are things that are explained that make security impenetrable.
Well, nothing is secure, even though the hardware wallet is one of the safest devices, but it can still be broken if the user makes a small mistake. At least, by choosing the best storage area, by providing double security, and choosing the lowest risk is the maximum effort that can be done. Do not let it scare and do not forget to always pray so that security is more awake.

princerepon

Activity: 980
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 11, 2020, 09:50:13 PM

Recently I have seen the news that Trezor hardware wallet was hacked in 15 minutes! Was it true guys? Or I have misunderstood? I thought they have very strong security that can't be breach so easily! But look at what can be happened to Trezor within 15 minutes! So, how can we feel 100% safe in hardware wallet?

Well it's not an impossible thing. Look at Binance exchange, they have extreme security system but they were hacked last year. So it's really rare to say that which exchange or wallet is most secure. In my opinion hardware wallet is more secure than paper or other wallet. And i also agree that Trezor have very strong security though. Hope they take some action for that and find some good solution for secure people's asset.
RapidsNetwork

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2020, 10:51:13 PM

Easy. Store crypto on hardware wallet. Put hardware wallet away for x years. Come back to cash out using a new computer.  Done no hacks hah

Recently I have seen the news that Trezor hardware wallet was hacked in 15 minutes! Was it true guys? Or I have misunderstood? I thought they have very strong security that can't be breach so easily! But look at what can be happened to Trezor within 15 minutes! So, how can we feel 100% safe in hardware wallet?
antsam

Activity: 2044
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2020, 05:13:15 AM

Exactly, only those who are really careless will be compromised with this method. Keeping your key and avoiding clicking phishing sites are the best method of prevention. Dont believe in such article lurkings without any valid proof. Some are just creating nonsense fud.

Yes, I think a big carelessness when that happens, yeah right don't just carelessly click on the link attached in the email or the application message if the sender isn't certain. For emails must be suspicious of all shared links, so make sure, make sure and re-make sure before clicking on it
Tash

Activity: 1190
Merit: 305

Pro financial, medical liberty

View Profile
February 15, 2020, 05:31:30 AM

To this day paper wallets are the most secure wallet if done right.

Hardware wallets at best good enough for small amounts, for short time storage
https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/f352ur/ledger_backdoor_having_trouble_coming_up_with_any/

julius caesar

Activity: 644
Merit: 127

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 15, 2020, 05:48:15 AM

Recently I have seen the news that Trezor hardware wallet was hacked in 15 minutes! Was it true guys?
Maybe its true. But remember that you will be having a hard time to just hack the physical wallet since we all know that you need to have that wallet first for you to be able to hack it. Unlike those crypto wallet that is online. They can just hack it by doing scripts. Physical wallet is better than online wallet. Maybe Trezor wallet has been hack because hackers got their wallet. Inside job maybe.

jessyj48

Activity: 756
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 15, 2020, 07:31:45 AM

Every single wallets in crypto space aren't safe, mobile wallet, hardware wallet, paper wallet, windows wallet, it all comes down to keeping your private keys safe, these wallets can't do that for you

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
pikkie

Activity: 924
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 15, 2020, 07:36:50 AM

Every single wallets in crypto space aren't safe, mobile wallet, hardware wallet, paper wallet, windows wallet, it all comes down to keeping your private keys safe, these wallets can't do that for you
I think this hardware wallet is still safe if you access it to a truly secure device because even though the hardware wallet is equipped with high security but you access it to a device full of viruses, it will also affect your wallet which will be threatened.
Perfect35

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2020, 09:23:16 AM

Hardware wallets are meant to keep your funds safe with the most assured security, except some security measures which are the responsibilities of the owner are bridged. The hack might have been done by someone very close to the owner. I do not think there is any fault or flaw on the hardware. If you know you are among those who you feel could do such, it is better you keep your wallet in the safest place and do not disclose your password to anyone.
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
February 15, 2020, 09:42:28 AM

I think this hardware wallet is still safe if you access it to a truly secure device because even though the hardware wallet is equipped with high security but you access it to a device full of viruses, it will also affect your wallet which will be threatened.
It is true we should also be the one to protect it just because it is said to be secured doesn't meanthat we should just access it anywhere we want.
We should always keep it clean from all of the potential threat virus or any kind of hack not just the hardware wallet but also the device that we are using to open the wallet.
For me it is still the most secured wallet out of all the crypto wallet at the moment.

Kvalentine

Activity: 504
Merit: 25

View Profile
February 15, 2020, 09:44:59 AM

Every ways we keep coins are damageable, hardware wallet and paper wallet, the best one is using steel and crafting your recovery seed on the steel, this can withstand any wrath from nature, the most important part is keeping your private key and I bet you can't keep it in your head or cram it in your brain

DDante

Activity: 434
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 15, 2020, 09:54:02 AM

Hardware wallets are not indestructible, secondly you still have to worry about keeping your private key safe, I don't bother buying hardware waller because everything hardware wallet can do is present in mobile wallets now, use of password and fingerprints or 2FA is nothing new anymore
sangjoewara

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2020, 09:54:26 AM

Regarding the security of the wallet lies in the way we protect the personal keys of our wallet, because if we cannot protect the personal keys of our own wallet, whatever the name of the wallet is and of whatever type the wallet is made, it will still not be safe.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
February 15, 2020, 10:03:55 AM

you said hack on 15 minutes so that means they are only showing it . i mean its thier own wallet and funds that are being used on that act but dont worry because hardware wallet is not that easily to hack because hey they are offline most of the time  except by the time you connect it online of on your device  .  how much more if its a good brand such as trezor  .  we can really sure with thier security and quality  .  nothing too worry much as long as we are doing a good security measures  .
khiholangkang

Activity: 2030
Merit: 561

View Profile
February 15, 2020, 11:50:28 AM

I have a ledger wallet, and in my opinion it's quite safe because every outgoing transaction requires our permission, so I think it's very difficult to hack, and for Trezor I don't know because I don't have it, but it seems the same system as ledger

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
February 15, 2020, 02:11:09 PM

The most vulnerable thing on hardware wallets is the paper recovery sheet, many people do not understand how important is to hide it before internet, so they take a photo of a phrase and then upload to a cloud. The worst what you can do  Undecided.

Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
February 15, 2020, 02:32:11 PM

The only way a hardware wallet can be hacked is if someone has your seed phrase or your private key. Among all wallets, it is considered the most secure since you are the only one who has access to your private key. Keeping your seed phrase offline is the safest way, never put it online.

miklesm

Activity: 1078
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2020, 03:00:15 PM

The main danger when using any cryptocurrency wallet it the chance to loose your private key somehow - this might be phishing, comuter virus etc. Hardware wallet secures you from these kinds of attacks.
Tash

Activity: 1190
Merit: 305

Pro financial, medical liberty

View Profile
February 15, 2020, 03:06:36 PM

It depends from youor IQ and your balance. In gereal, they are safe enough

Well,no if true. You can not read the voltage of a paper wallet to this day the most secure wallet.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/f352ur/ledger_backdoor_having_trouble_coming_up_with_any/
Ledger will admit themselves a device that you physically lose can never be 100% bullet proof. Never. No matter how much you want it to be.

With physical access, the ability to open the case and spend as much time as you want, side channel attacks, RF attacks, etc can be used. There are literally exploit write-ups out right now showing Trezor and Ledger being "compromised" with physical access to the device.

Did you know someone could keylog your computer by reading the voltage difference your monitor outputs when you press a key? You can literally keylog an air gapped computer. Hackers are tricky people.

Btw if you don't know how something was made from the ground up and understand the inner workings of the entire product how can YOU claim it's secure? Because ledger told you so?”

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: