Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:31:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] BitcoinTalk Custom Hand-Poured .999 Fine Silver Bars - [ Now Sold ]  (Read 2007 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
jimjam123

Activity: 446
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 19, 2020, 02:20:49 PM

I just DM’d magic.
When I read the original post, I did believe that I was bidding 0.002 NOT 0.012.
Hence why I wrote 0.002 not 0.012 in my original bid.
Not sure how to proceed at this point though as I do feel there is a ton of confusion from the beginning. Not to mention that 0.012 is way too steep for my blood.
Thanks,
DaCryptoRaccoon (OP)

Activity: 1219
Merit: 612

OGRaccoon

View Profile
February 19, 2020, 03:02:47 PM

Thanks I do not think it was clear how the bidding was expected.

The open price shown is 0.01BTC
Bids should have been 0.002 BTC 

these incremental bids were to add to the open price.

So if someone opens the price at 0.01 BTC then you can add in 0.002 lot sizes.

So for example

I open the bidding at 0.01 BTC.
Someone then comes and can bid 0.002 to the price.

So price calculation is going up from 0.01 open with 0.002 bid size after open
Meaning when I saw the bids there all having an opener at 0.01 and bids at 0.002.

So far from the descussions to the party's jimjam did not understand the terms of the bidding which I take responsibility.

Also before anything else happens techshare already replied stateing an escrow user minerjones he wanted to use at my expense.  I have never had dealing with it also is this normal practice for the escrow service who he is asking to use be the same person that is deciding the outcome of the auction in there last post?

If the example on page one says start bid 0.01 and 0.002 increments what did you think you were bidding on if the start price is 0.01 and it says increments of 0.002?

Because if someone has a bid of 0.01 to start it and prices moves up 0.002 per bid then how are is the above explanation being interpreted?

Again if the terms weren't fully clear it was my fault.

Magic

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
┃   💎 Mine Solo with CKPool 💎    ┃
┃    ➤ Hit Blocks on Your Own!      ┃
┃ ███▓▓  ███▓▓  ███▓▓  ███▓▓┃
Lesbian Cow
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 1752

View Profile
February 19, 2020, 03:08:19 PM

Thanks I do not think it was clear how the bidding was expected.

The open price shown is 0.01BTC
Bids should have been 0.002 BTC 

these incremental bids were to add to the open price.

So if someone opens the price at 0.01 BTC then you can add in 0.002 lot sizes.

So for example

I open the bidding at 0.01 BTC.
Someone then comes and can bid 0.002 to the price.

So price calculation is going up from 0.01 open with 0.002 bid size after open
Meaning when I saw the bids there all having an opener at 0.01 and bids at 0.002.

So far from the descussions to the party's jimjam did not understand the terms of the bidding which I take responsibility.

Also before anything else happens techshare already replied stateing an escrow user minerjones he wanted to use at my expense.  I have never had dealing with it also is this normal practice for the escrow service who he is asking to use be the same person that is deciding the outcome of the auction in there last post?

If the example on page one says start bid 0.01 and 0.002 increments what did you think you were bidding on if the start price is 0.01 and it says increments of 0.002?

Because if someone has a bid of 0.01 to start it and prices moves up 0.002 per bid then how are is the above explanation being interpreted?

Again if the terms weren't fully clear it was my fault.

Magic

Normally if starting bid is .01 and bid increments are 0.002, once someone bids .01 the next valid bid would be 0.012 (not 0.0002), and the next valid bid would be 0.014 and so on.  The way you have it worded is different than any auction I have seen on this forum since 2013, or anywhere for that matter, and no one should be expected to understand what you proposed as a bidding method.

To err is human, to moo is bovine

https://www.instagram.com/lesbiancow212/
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2020, 05:20:37 PM
Merited by LoyceV (4), minerjones (1), ChiBitCTy (1)

I would suggest you take the advice of the users here, and stop trying to push your strained reasoning to try to force some one who doesn't want to, to pay an extra .002 to you. Let me explain how this is going to work if you don't.

1. You will demand payment.
2. The bidder will tell you to fuck off.
3. No one will support you because everyone can see you are attempting to manipulate the situation for an extra 0.002 BTC.
4. You piss off the people who want to be your legitimate customers, your reputation suffers, and you are forever known as that greedy weaselly guy who ruined his reputation over 0.002BTC.

How you should handle this:

1. Offer the items to the 3 legitimate bidders.
2. Set up escrow for all of them with MinerJones at your expense.
3. Be thankful with what you got.
4. Try to work past this failure and continue to build your reputation.

This is how auctions work. You say this is your first auction, but you are intent on telling all of us how auctions work. If you wanted more than the opening bid, you should have just listed it for a flat price. An auction is an open offer to contract with anyone who wishes to bid. You do not have an enforceable contract here. Take my advice, if not you will end up regretting it I assure you.
Corrosive
Copper Member
artcontest

Activity: 582
Merit: 1089

#GPGL

View Profile
February 19, 2020, 07:48:58 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2020, 10:13:28 PM by Corrosive

Can we settle this? Im willing to send you 0.01BTC for bar #1 as per my valid bid. I wont even bother you for escrow, im UK based. Consider it a lifeline.

Just bear in mind if you fluff this up you are very likely done in terms of future sales in here.....

Corrosive
Copper Member
artcontest

Activity: 582
Merit: 1089

#GPGL

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 03:37:46 PM
Merited by DaCryptoRaccoon (1)

Have conversed with OP and have sorted the situation for 2 of the bars. I will be acting as escrow for last of the v8s and will be paying for my bar upfront based on our valid bids.

OP has taken advice on board and I am confident that he isnt untrustworthy. Mistakes were made on this auction which we all saw but he is making it right as best as he can.

DaCryptoRaccoon (OP)

OGRaccoon

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 04:20:46 PM

Have conversed with OP and have sorted the situation for 2 of the bars. I will be acting as escrow for last of the v8s and will be paying for my bar upfront based on our valid bids.

OP has taken advice on board and I am confident that he isnt untrustworthy. Mistakes were made on this auction which we all saw but he is making it right as best as he can.

Thank you for the advice and I am happy to use Corrosive as the escrow agent for the sale.

I have spoken with Corrosive on the phone and am happy to proceed with the agreed transaction for 2 bar's.

As it stands now Corrosive will make payment for his bar to the OP address above and will take delivery of both his bar and Last of the V8's bar.
Once delivery has taken place my payment for bar 2 will be released.

@Techshare would you be willing to use Corrosive as the escrow agent on the transaction? 

The reason I ask is he has been kind enough to offer escrow for free rather than the 1% escrow you suggested and 2 he is handling escrow for Last of the V8's.

Please let me know if this is suitable and we can progress towards a resolution for this matter.

And again I am sorry for the confusion over how this was supposed to operate if it was outside the normal process on the board notes have been taken and I will make sure the next auction I conduct will have clearer rules on bidding.

Thanks

Magic

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2020, 04:40:26 PM

Thank you for the advice and I am happy to use Corrosive as the escrow agent for the sale.

I have spoken with Corrosive on the phone and am happy to proceed with the agreed transaction for 2 bar's.

As it stands now Corrosive will make payment for his bar to the OP address above and will take delivery of both his bar and Last of the V8's bar.

@Techshare would you be willing to use Corrosive as the escrow agent on the transaction?  

The reason I ask is he has been kind enough to offer escrow for free rather than the 1% escrow you suggested and 2 he is handling escrow for Last of the V8's.

Please let me know if this is suitable and we can progress towards a resolution for this matter.

And again I am sorry for the confusion over how this was supposed to operate if it was outside the normal process on the board notes have been taken and I will make sure the next auction I conduct will have clearer rules on bidding.

Thanks

Magic

No. Sorry you and your choices give me zero confidence at this point (nothing personal Corrosive). I want to use Minerjones as escrow. After that we likely won't be doing any future exchanges. The fact that you didn't just fix this immediately and set up escrow and instead waited to try to see if you could get Jimjam123 to pay in spite of everyone's advice tells me you have learned nothing from your mistakes here. Please arrange escrow with Minerjones as I originally requested.
DaCryptoRaccoon (OP)

OGRaccoon

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 05:00:18 PM

Thanks

Magic

No. Sorry you and your choices give me zero confidence at this point (nothing personal Corrosive). I want to use Minerjones as escrow. After that we likely won't be doing any future exchanges. The fact that you didn't just fix this immediately and set up escrow and instead waited to try to see if you could get Jimjam123 to pay in spite of everyone's advice tells me you have learned nothing from your mistakes here. Please arrange escrow with Minerjones as I originally requested.

Your now just talking rubbish..

I have not waited for anyone to pay.
Your making claims here that are nothing more than your own speculation.

Jimjam could you confirm to techshare please that there was NO attempt to gain payment from you at any point.

Also I took the time to explain to him how the bidding was working like I did with you and the other party's.

Your also making threats to me over pm and trying to use your reputation to bully my and my service your saying you have no confidence then retract your bid and be done with it..

Your attitude has been very off putting for wanting to deal on this forum ever again no wonder new users feel off-put if this is the way you act over something that I have explained.  Just because you can't understand something dose not mean I am wrong..

You also clearly bid twice on them then said that you didn't understand the bids.. you waited until after the sale to not only push me to use some paid escrow of miner joan's at my expense but made threats about reputation and some comments that really show your true colors.

I'm not being held over the coals by anyone on this forum.  Especially not you..

I have been more than accommodating but when I come on and read you post's they are without grounds.

I am no happy paying more out to use some escrow I know nothing about and who has posted already it's got nothing to do with them in the topic if you look back.

If your not happy with my efforts then I am sorry you have the option to retract you bid if you like or come to an agreement we both see eye to eye on and not demanded by you with threats.

Regards.

Magic

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Lesbian Cow
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 1752

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 05:15:02 PM

Thanks

Magic

Jimjam could you confirm to techshare please that there was NO attempt to gain payment from you at any point.

Also I took the time to explain to him how the bidding was working like I did with you and the other party's.

Your also making threats to me over pm and trying to use your reputation to bully my and my service your saying you have no confidence then retract your bid and be done with it..

Your attitude has been very off putting for wanting to deal on this forum ever again no wonder new users feel off-put if this is the way you act over something that I have explained.  Just because you can't understand something dose not mean I am wrong..

You also clearly bid twice on them then said that you didn't understand the bids.. you waited until after the sale to not only push me to use some paid escrow of miner joan's at my expense but made threats about reputation and some comments that really show your true colors.

I'm not being held over the coals by anyone on this forum.  Especially not you..

I have been more than accommodating but when I come on and read you post's they are without grounds.

I am no happy paying more out to use some escrow I know nothing about and who has posted already it's got nothing to do with them in the topic if you look back.

If your not happy with my efforts then I am sorry you have the option to retract you bid if you like or come to an agreement we both see eye to eye on and not demanded by you with threats.

Regards.

Magic

The escrow fee you are complaining about is the equivalent of 0.75 GBP.  You made the mistakes and you are not willing to pay 0.75 GBP to keep your customer happy?  Seems incredibly shortsighted.

To err is human, to moo is bovine

https://www.instagram.com/lesbiancow212/
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 3032

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 05:29:18 PM

Thanks

Magic

Regards.

Magic

Techshare perfectly laid out everything for you. He is not talking rubbishy, you are. Members here have perfectly explained how things work, and yet you still refuse to listen. It is mind boggling to me. Techshare was also 100% right when he said no one will bid on your future auctions. You continue to prove that participating in your auctions will come with confusion, misguided and abnormal bidding styles, and a lack of trustworthiness.

Everyone’s advice is extremely fair to you, it’s advice on how things work in auctions, yet you refuse to listen. Have to wonder if you really even care about having further auctions here. Color me beyond confused.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
anonymousminer
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1242

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 05:37:12 PM
Merited by yogg (1)

Bringing bitcointalk bars to auction on bitcointalk forum without doing research on how auctions go on said bitcointalk forum.  Seems like sheer stupidity to be very honest.  Then defending that sheer stupidity instead of going into customer service mode.  If this is your business model, you are going to fail in spectacular fashion.    
rxalts
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 351

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 05:59:31 PM

Bringing bitcointalk bars to auction on bitcointalk forum without doing research on how auctions go on said bitcointalk forum.  Seems like sheer stupidity to be very honest.  Then defending that sheer stupidity instead of going into customer service mode.  If this is your business model, you are going to fail in spectacular fashion.    

This is about as straightforward as it gets and definitely what everyone here is thinking. Those bars hold ZERO sentimental value outside this forum aside from spot value so why piss off the only people that want it?Huh
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2020, 07:32:18 PM

Regards.

Magic

You screwed up and refuse to take accountability for it instead choosing to make excuses and argue about it, which is exactly why I am insisting on escrow via Minerjones. The only one you have to blame for all this is yourself. You could have easily moved on from this by simply serving your customers, instead you have opted to argue and make accusations, pretty much ensuring you have no future selling anything here on the forum.

Threats eh? You have my permission to post any PM's I have sent you up to this date. Please do quote my "threats".

Frankly I don't care if you are happy, it is not my job to make you happy, it is your job to make me happy. I am perfectly willing to honor my bid, but I insist you escrow through Minerjones based on your behavior conducting the auction and your unwillingness to simply resolve the issues. Instead of taking the minuscule cost in stride, you now want to turn this into a conflict, which in the end, is only going to result in showing the entire forum how little your word is worth.
DaCryptoRaccoon (OP)

OGRaccoon

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 07:54:53 PM

Regards.

Magic

You screwed up and refuse to take accountability for it instead choosing to make excuses and argue about it, which is exactly why I am insisting on escrow via Minerjones. The only one you have to blame for all this is yourself. You could have easily moved on from this by simply serving your customers, instead you have opted to argue and make accusations, pretty much ensuring you have no future selling anything here on the forum.

Threats eh? You have my permission to post any PM's I have sent you up to this date. Please do quote my "threats".

Frankly I don't care if you are happy, it is not my job to make you happy, it is your job to make me happy. I am perfectly willing to honor my bid, but I insist you escrow through Minerjones based on your behavior conducting the auction and your unwillingness to simply resolve the issues. Instead of taking the minuscule cost in stride, you now want to turn this into a conflict, which in the end, is only going to result in showing the entire forum how little your word is worth.

I have contacted MJ in relation to this I am still awaiting his response.

No one want's conflict here and I have taken the steps advised by the community.

I will post the update when I have word back from MJ escrow.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2020, 07:58:28 PM

I have contacted MJ in relation to this I am still awaiting his response.

No one want's conflict here and I have taken the steps advised by the community.

I will post the update when I have word back from MJ escrow.

I don't want to see you ruin your reputation here in spite of what you might think. All I am trying to do is make sure you learn from your mistakes so this kind of thing is not repeated in the future. Thank you.
DaCryptoRaccoon (OP)

OGRaccoon

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 10:17:56 PM

Payment from Corrosive received, Sending two bars to Corrosive one under escrow and one paid up-front.
Last of the V8's bar is the escrow bar being sent to Corrosive as per agreement.

Your bars will be in the post tomorrow guys and thank you for the advice and tips I hope you enjoy you nice custom silver!

Now just to sort the last bars escrow with MJ for Techshare and this matter will be resolved.

I will post any updates as they happen.

Thanks everyone.

Magic

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
DaCryptoRaccoon (OP)

OGRaccoon

View Profile
February 21, 2020, 02:33:29 PM

Bars 1 and 3 have been send out today to the escrow agent @Corrosive recorded delivery.
I have supplied tracking numbers and Proof of postage to both Last of the V8's and Corrosive.

MJ escrow says the will contact me later today / tomorrow to arrange bar 2 for Techshare.

I will post updated once I know more from MJ Escrow.

Magic

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
jimjam123

Activity: 446
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 21, 2020, 02:42:52 PM
Merited by LoyceV (2)

Honestly guys I think this is just getting way out of proportion.

Magic has been nothing but a stand up guy via DM's and has not once asked me for payment.
As I described in my last post, I DM's Magic and he was extremely understanding about the bidding I did, as well as how it could be construed and misunderstood.

I told him i would pass on the bars, not because i dont trust him, but because of my interpretation of the auction/bidding.

Lets chill with the mudslinging and save it for those real dishonest people.

rxalts
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 351

View Profile
February 21, 2020, 04:34:42 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2020, 05:54:36 PM by rxalts

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: