Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:45:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] BitcoinTalk Custom Hand-Poured .999 Fine Silver Bars - [ Now Sold ]  (Read 2007 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
DaCryptoRaccoon (OP)

Activity: 1219
Merit: 612

OGRaccoon

View Profile
February 22, 2020, 07:01:31 PM

The reason the text look's that way is it's very hard to get perfect on hand poured bars with as much text as this on them.
It actually took the smelter a few attempts to get them right with this much text and the logo.

If I was to do any further custom silver I would be looking to have a stamp made and cast them rather than have hand poured silver again thought I think they turned out very nice indeed.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
┃   💎 Mine Solo with CKPool 💎    ┃
┃    ➤ Hit Blocks on Your Own!      ┃
┃ ███▓▓  ███▓▓  ███▓▓  ███▓▓┃
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2020, 07:53:52 PM

No proof of payment no deal your continuing this on now to I don't trust the escrow again moving on to something else as you have been proven wrong in your previous posts.

I don't want to deal with you now it's that simple you made me out to be something I am not you made false claims about me at every turn and you attempted to change the terms of the shipping.

If you send MJ a TX and he has to forward it to me then your argument about privacy and info are not valid..

The listing said SIGNED FOR DELIVERY you didn't read it..

The whole point of escrow is so the Buyer and seller have protection.. If I cannot verify that a payment was sent then I won't be dealing I have said that 10 times now..

Have a nice day.

You mean like you made false accusations about me threatening you? You never did post that quote of me threatening you BTW. Everything I said was true, this whole thread has been nothing but you inventing shit and creating reasons to argue for no reason. Exhibit A, you insist on arguing about signatures when I already agreed to ship it to Minerjones and let you have all the signatures you wanted.

It is real simple. If you don't trust the escrow's word that he is holding payment, trusting him to hold your money and your bar doesn't make any sense now does it? Nothing you have been arguing about in this entire thread makes ANY sense.
DaCryptoRaccoon (OP)

OGRaccoon

View Profile
February 22, 2020, 08:04:10 PM

Not going to drag this out any longer.

I don't want to deal with you. Your own attitude towards me was terrible from the start from first contact in pm where you said and I quote.

"Your actions regarding your auction make me seriously question your reputability"

My actions have been in line with the terms of my sale at every point you have however seized on 1 small mistake and blown it up into this super topic when anything I say is wrong in you views.

If you don't trust me don't deal with me it's that simple.

As far as I am concerned I have proven my reputability by delivering 2 of the bars to a buyer.

The buyer is happy with the product and was kind enough to escrow it for Last of the V8's..

I don't want to deal with you Techsahre you made this out to be something It wasn't and my topic was hijacked and I was TOLD what bids were accepted and what one's were not from someone else.

You also didn't raise a concern about it during the sale at any point you knew fine well as per the listing how this was supposed to work but you seized on the confusion of one bidder to question my reputation so I don't want to deal with you..

If you can't see that it was a misunderstanding by the bidder on how the bids were to be done in this topic then that's you view.

But I do not want to deal with you or some escrow that won't prove any funds were sent.

If that is not acceptable to you then your bid is rejected.

locking this topic as it's just a waste of time talking to a brick wall..

Thank you to the two people who put some trust in me you really are stand up guys.

Magic

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
DaCryptoRaccoon (OP)

OGRaccoon

View Profile
February 22, 2020, 08:27:56 PM

Escrow payment for Last of the v8's bar has now been released.

Thank you for your custom @Corrosive and @LastoftheV8's it was a pleasure to deal with you both.

BTCBTCBTC

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2020, 11:58:46 PM

You are going to have to deal with this like it or not.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5227770.msg53892458#msg53892458
DaCryptoRaccoon (OP)

OGRaccoon

View Profile
February 23, 2020, 03:14:36 AM

Bar 2 will ship to MJ escrow on Monday 24th.
I will provide proof of postage to both MJ and Tecshare.
A signature will be required on delivery.

I will post update once the deal is completed.

Magic..

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
tweetious

Activity: 1971
Merit: 376

Cryptoshi Blockomoto

View Profile
February 23, 2020, 11:27:39 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2020, 11:43:13 AM by tweetious
Merited by LoyceV (2), yogg (1)

I am following this drama for quite a few days. Now that I am out of popcorn, and my hands are clear, I would like to quickly jump in and add my 2 cents satoshis. (just joking of course about the popcorn part, LOL  Smiley)

I will only focus on the escrow/delivery aspect since the way that this auction was handled is another story.

Tecshare does not need to provide you with any kind of proof of sending the funds to the escrow. They do not even need to inform you, or anyone else that they actually sent those funds. This is the reason for using an escrow (peace of mind). It is escrow's responsibility to confirm that they received payment from the buyer, and letting you know that those funds are now securely hodl, and you can now proceed with the dispatching of the item. Even the part of info that escrow received the funds is unnecessary. All you need to know is a CONFIRMATION from escrow that the $100 is waiting for you upon arrival of the parcel. From that point and onwards, you do not have to (if you feel like) interact again with the buyer. All the communication will be between you and the escrow.

If you need real proof of funds existence, you may ask the escrow to sign a message from an addy that holds at least $100 in btc, as a proof of funds (not particularly the addy that the buyer sent the funds to, but any addy that the escrow has control). However, a reputable escrow might even refuse to provide you with such a request, since... well.... if you do not trust the escrow, then what is the point of using them?

the second confirmation that you actually need, is from the escrow again, after receiving & examing the parcel. then you will receive the escrow funds.

I clearly do not understand why you are making things very complicated. Why do you actually need Tecshare TxiD? as a confirmation that user actually sent the funds? As said, you do not need this. Even (in the extreme situation) that buyer did not send the funds to escrow, but escrow gives you a confirmation of funds being held in escrow, you will still receive your money. In that case, uppon parcel delivery, escrow will personally be responsible/liable to send you funds (even from own pocket money).

You can clearly understand that you need to trust (more or less) the escrow, in order for the whole transaction to work out.
DaCryptoRaccoon (OP)

OGRaccoon

View Profile
February 23, 2020, 12:10:58 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2020, 12:22:10 PM by MagicByt3

I am following this drama for quite a few days. Now that I am out of popcorn, and my hands are clear, I would like to quickly jump in and add my 2 cents satoshis. (just joking of course about the popcorn part, LOL  Smiley)

I will only focus on the escrow/delivery aspect since the way that this auction was handled is another story.

Tecshare does not need to provide you with any kind of proof of sending the funds to the escrow. They do not even need to inform you, or anyone else that they actually sent those funds. This is the reason for using an escrow (peace of mind). It is escrow's responsibility to confirm that they received payment from the buyer, and letting you know that those funds are now securely hodl, and you can now proceed with the dispatching of the item. Even the part of info that escrow received the funds is unnecessary. All you need to know is a CONFIRMATION from escrow that the $100 is waiting for you upon arrival of the parcel. From that point and onwards, you do not have to (if you feel like) interact again with the buyer. All the communication will be between you and the escrow.

If you need real proof of funds existence, you may ask the escrow to sign a message from an addy that holds at least $100 in btc, as a proof of funds (not particularly the addy that the buyer sent the funds to, but any addy that the escrow has control). However, a reputable escrow might even refuse to provide you with such a request, since... well.... if you do not trust the escrow, then what is the point of using them?

the second confirmation that you actually need, is from the escrow again, after receiving & examing the parcel. then you will receive the escrow funds.

I clearly do not understand why you are making things very complicated. Why do you actually need Tecshare TxiD? as a confirmation that user actually sent the funds? As said, you do not need this. Even (in the extreme situation) that buyer did not send the funds to escrow, but escrow gives you a confirmation of funds being held in escrow, you will still receive your money. In that case, uppon parcel delivery, escrow will personally be responsible/liable to send you funds (even from own pocket money).

You can clearly understand that you need to trust (more or less) the escrow, in order for the whole transaction to work out.

Well thank you for your 2 cent's I do take on board your points but at the end of the day everyone says I have to trust trust trust... Did you not think maybe I would feel more comfortable sending out the product knowing the escrow was holding the funds?

I do not see why I should feel comfortable knowing basically nothing other than a shipping address and being told by mob rule I should just trust without verifying not to someone who has never dealt with either the buyer or the escrow I thought it would be a reasonable request to have proof funds were send or are with the escrow.

I was indeed send proof of payment to the other escrow by Last of the V8's so why should this bar be any different?

The whole just trust and don't verify thing is beyond me but again I have agreed dew to pressure to just send to the escrow without proof even though I have made it clear I am uneasy with that situation..

Also another user here supports me saying that it's is normal practice for the seller to be furnished with the funding address.

So mixed signals right across the forum are my reason for feeling uneasy with this matter.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5225031.msg53886116#msg53886116

At the end of the day both party's should feel comfortable with the transaction not just the Buyer but again I will put my very valid concerns aside and ship the bar.

I have taken the advice of the community and will be shipping the bar to Tecshare via MJ escrow without proof of funds so I look forward to being able to put this entire saga behind us.

Thanks

Magic

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
yogg
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2020, 12:38:22 PM

why I should feel comfortable knowing basically nothing

I think you just put the finger on it.
You should not feel comfortable knowing nothing, but you did.
You know basically nothing about what's happening here and how things unfold, but it didn't stop you to bring on your auction.

Maybe participate, read, trade, learn.
Only then you'll know what's acceptable, and what's going beyond acceptable.

I think it depends on what are the habits of the different parties you trade with.
For exemple, my escrow public addresses have been made public in my escrow service thread so anyone can verify.
But again, this is only me.

Really, this is a community and at the end of the day, everyone has his own specificity.
What matters most is how it unfolds; and I can say that so far you have been trading with the right persons, regardless of the trade's specifics.
tweetious

Activity: 1971
Merit: 376

Cryptoshi Blockomoto

View Profile
February 23, 2020, 01:27:22 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2020, 01:38:19 PM by tweetious

So mixed signals right across the forum are my reason for feeling uneasy with this matter.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5225031.msg53886116#msg53886116

teeGUMES has a valid point here. Since escrow is buyers choice, and you might not even feel comfortable of using MJ as an escrow, you might want to seek for additional proofs to "verify".

please bear in mind, that at the end of the day, if escrow refuses to release the funds to you, having proofs that buyer  sent the funds, will be of no good to you (i.e. after a conflict resolution dispute, escrow takes the buyer side, and not yours)

instead of "don't trust, verify", you prolly need to both trust (at least the escrow) & verify (where applicable within reasoning).

you are focused on a single point, but missing the whole picture here
kryme
Copper Member

Activity: 335
Merit: 35

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 01:50:38 PM

Is everyone going to ignore the fact that his post said signed delivery and tecshare initially refused to allow signature delivery out of "privacy" concerns?

teeGUMES
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 05:45:53 PM
Merited by suchmoon (7), DaCryptoRaccoon (2)

Is everyone going to ignore the fact that his post said signed delivery and tecshare initially refused to allow signature delivery out of "privacy" concerns?
MagicByt3 has in the end done the right thing but there are so many things done wrong by so many people during this auction. Just a little snowball rolling down a hill turned into a huge snowball of death by the time this thing was over.
Two things to say here on this question by kryme

1. "Last edit: February 22, 2020, 01:28:52 PM by MagicByt3"
As the auction terms post was edited multiple times during this auction and was never quoted and left unedited by anyone I can not 100% say myself that this rule was in place before the feud started. Auction hosts should never edit their initial terms post unless it has been quoted in full by another member.

2. Communication by bidder and seller could have eased and avoided all of this nonsense. People that use bitcoin DO care about their privacy a little more than the regular person.. a simple PM reaching out with a kindhearted and reasonable explanation would have gone leaps and bounds here. Between buyer/seller or buyer/escrow/seller this could have been all avoided by just talking to eachother like human beings.
Every one went public and into attack mode from the very beginning. This doesn't just fall on one person, even I went on the offense in this thread aswell.

We go pretty strict here with how we expect auctions to run.. we have been doing them for a long time and a standard has pretty much been set for successful auctions and auction etiquette. Newbies to the Collectibles board some times think they are being harassed but it's just the older members stating how we guarantee that an auction goes smooth. As you can see from reading this thread this is exactly what happened.
DaCryptoRaccoon (OP)

OGRaccoon

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 05:45:59 PM

Bar sent to MJ escrow delivery should take around 5 days but I expect it to be sooner.

I have given both MJ and Tecshare the tracking information and photos of the item in the post office.

I look forward to receiving my payment from MJ upon delivery.

Thank you

Magic

** Edit **

I also await a review from Last of the v8's when his bar arrives I was informed it was shipped from the escrow to him today..

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
rxalts
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 351

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 08:26:18 PM

MagicByt3 has in the end done the right thing but there are so many things done wrong by so many people during this auction. Just a little snowball rolling down a hill turned into a huge snowball of death by the time this thing was over.
Two things to say here on this question by kryme

1. "Last edit: February 22, 2020, 01:28:52 PM by MagicByt3"
As the auction terms post was edited multiple times during this auction and was never quoted and left unedited by anyone I can not 100% say myself that this rule was in place before the feud started. Auction hosts should never edit their initial terms post unless it has been quoted in full by another member.

2. Communication by bidder and seller could have eased and avoided all of this nonsense. People that use bitcoin DO care about their privacy a little more than the regular person.. a simple PM reaching out with a kindhearted and reasonable explanation would have gone leaps and bounds here. Between buyer/seller or buyer/escrow/seller this could have been all avoided by just talking to eachother like human beings.
Every one went public and into attack mode from the very beginning. This doesn't just fall on one person, even I went on the offense in this thread aswell.

We go pretty strict here with how we expect auctions to run.. we have been doing them for a long time and a standard has pretty much been set for successful auctions and auction etiquette. Newbies to the Collectibles board some times think they are being harassed but it's just the older members stating how we guarantee that an auction goes smooth. As you can see from reading this thread this is exactly what happened.

Initial terms quoted by MJ on 2/18 which include the signed delivery prior to the fiasco on page 1.
DaCryptoRaccoon (OP)

OGRaccoon

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 08:33:16 PM

Will you stop dragging this up RXALTS..

No point crying over it now I have done what was agreed now...

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
DaCryptoRaccoon (OP)

OGRaccoon

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 09:50:43 PM

Blood is thicker than water.. You'll have your day too.. believe me..

Locking the topic it's gone on long enough and the above is the reason for the "self mod" to stop idiots like this posting rubbish that is not constructive in any light...

I will unlock once the Buyers all have there products.

ps welcome to the ignore list rxalts

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
DaCryptoRaccoon (OP)

OGRaccoon

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 09:51:39 PM

Blood is thicker than water.. You'll have your day too.. believe me..

Locking the topic it's gone on long enough and the above is the reason for the "self mod" to stop idiots like this posting rubbish that is not constructive in any light...

I will unlock once the Buyers all have there products.

PS welcome to the igonre list rxalts

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 01:23:36 PM

Don't have a camera here, but Corrosive's pictures show my bar just fine. Special thanks to him for his kindness and efficiency.

Guess it was kind of fitting that a forum-related set of pieces should have attracted quite so much chatter; or should I say interest.

Anyway I'm very pleased with my bar and I hope Magic comes up with more commissions soon. I would look forward to trading with him again.

DaCryptoRaccoon (OP)

OGRaccoon

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 01:28:11 PM

Thank you Last of the V8's I am so happy you like your bar and thanks for the advice over the course of this.

I will think about the designs of the the next lot and hope next time I can use the advice and guidance given to have a more successful auction.

I will lock this topic again until Tecshare has his bar and I look forward to making it 3 out of 3 happy buyers.

Magic

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
DaCryptoRaccoon (OP)

OGRaccoon

View Profile
March 06, 2020, 12:45:18 AM

Thank you again for your service MJ was a pleasure to use your escrow service and thank you for testing the bar I hope the winner will be happy with his purchase.

Just a head's up everyone there will be some more custom silver on the way the designs are off to the smelter so I should have some more nice object's in the next few weeks.

Magic

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: