Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:43:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RNG] Ring: Widest ever initial distro | Proof of Play | CPU Mining | Hive  (Read 7551 times)
dasgardo87

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2020, 09:02:50 AM

When this will be available on exchange??

Any cpu benchmark for this coin??
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PeaMine

Activity: 979
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 28, 2020, 09:11:38 PM

Is this still active?
Any games available or in planning?

Also looks like WildRig has Nvidia GPU mining support.

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
bayerman

Activity: 7
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 09:30:56 AM

Hello @all...
I created the Ring Core Wallet portable in PortablApps.com format a few days ago.
In addition, the complete blockchain was made available from 28.10.2020.

Download via https://portableapps.com/node/62992

Have fun with it  Wink

RNG: ZjNV55KSYowPkt5wpMdpm5MpYFWAt1sCYR

PeaMine

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 02:05:08 PM

I see how the games work now, quite a unique and fair way of mining, I don't see how it could be gamed or scripted as it's so random.
I like the POW portion as well.  A nice blend of the two.

Even those without a fast computer could become good at the games and mine that way.
Also could invest in some coins then use Dwarves to mine.
I like this concept a lot.
I think maybe the GPU mining should be addressed in the title.
The software is available publicly which is nice and watt wise, CPU mining seems to be much better anyway similar to RandomX

Hope the devs pick this back up, so many generic coins out there with basic features so this one could stand out.

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
PeaMine

View Profile
November 09, 2020, 12:22:08 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2020, 12:44:34 AM by PeaMine

Any part of the dev or community around?
Also are all blocks hive mine-able or just certain ones?
Seems like it hits a dry period every now and then, but then floods in.

PeaMine

View Profile
November 29, 2020, 08:24:44 AM

If anyone would like some coins to try things out let me know as I have some to spare.

Has anyone been able to complete a PoP Mining block?
I am not the greatest at puzzles and have gotten close, but have yet to get a high enough score.
Though I am sure if I practiced enough or did one with a low enough required score I could do it.

Is there a timeline for The Rialto ?

Seems like I get about 70-100Kh per thread, up till about as many cores, then it starts to go down.  Doing max, aka all virtual cores too, still results in a higher amount but only by a few Kh.
Optimal for me is number of physical cores + half of that number = total mining threads for best results.
I haven't seen it affect Hive Mining, which still seems to come in waves for me and not 100% random. 

nak333

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2020, 01:48:47 PM

@PeaMine  If you want to chat with Devs then you need to visit Discord server. You will find them there.

Optimal for me is number of physical cores + half of that number = total mining threads for best results.
Yes, for best result always use half of your total threads.

I solved lot of PoP blocks when bots were not playing PoP games. I didn't check for while that bots are still playing or not.
PeaMine

View Profile
December 06, 2020, 06:15:07 PM

@PeaMine  If you want to chat with Devs then you need to visit Discord server. You will find them there.

Yes, for best result always use half of your total threads.

I solved lot of PoP blocks when bots were not playing PoP games. I didn't check for while that bots are still playing or not.

I don't think they are as they are available for a long time, and the target doesn't seem impossible but still too hard for me haha.

nak333

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2020, 02:13:21 PM

Watch these videos  Wink

Back to Back two PoP Games solved within 1 min
https://youtu.be/k1iw_SPEXbg

PoP Game - Target 94, Solved in 20 sec
https://youtu.be/1cH8n_7YIxU

PoP Game Solved in 15 Seconds
https://youtu.be/bsYUQryNVnc
PeaMine

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 09:46:48 PM

Watch these videos  Wink

Back to Back two PoP Games solved within 1 min
https://youtu.be/k1iw_SPEXbg

PoP Game - Target 94, Solved in 20 sec
https://youtu.be/1cH8n_7YIxU

PoP Game Solved in 15 Seconds
https://youtu.be/bsYUQryNVnc

Very nice!
Seems like for me no bots play as I get tons of time to play.  However I have about 1% the skill you do on those games so I never win haha, not due to timing, but brain power.

PeaMine

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 08:26:31 PM

I've gotten a bit better now haha.
What are the Private ones versus Public? Can only I play the Private game?
They are also worth a good bit more than Public.

Also this month Hive Mining with Dwarfs has been very nice, some parts getting 2x back what was invested.
Hashrate has been quite high at times, wonder who or what from or just general interest.

nak333

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2020, 11:07:21 PM

I've gotten a bit better now haha.

Also this month Hive Mining with Dwarfs has been very nice, some parts getting 2x back what was invested.
Congrats.

What are the Private ones versus Public? Can only I play the Private game?
They are also worth a good bit more than Public.
If you're hive mining, then whenever your wallet will find a Hive block and the block gets matured (after 101 confirmations), a private PoP game will appear in PoP Mining tab.

When you get a private PoP game you get 50 blocks time to solve and get 0.20 Ring as block reward, if you don't solve this private game within this time then it goes to public for 200 blocks time with block reward 0.05 Ring, if no one solve this game within this time then it expires. 
(Note: when it goes public you can still solve this block competing with other PoP players.)

Suppose, your wallet find a Hive block of height 2201, you will get a private PoP block at height 2302, if you don't solve this block then it will go public at height 2352 and it will expire at height 2552.
casper77
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 21, 2020, 09:56:55 AM

how much dwarfs must have to find a block ?
nak333

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2020, 10:58:11 AM

how much dwarfs must have to find a block ?

If you want to do Hive mining then please first read this post, it will help you to understand how Hive mining works.
https://www.reddit.com/r/RingCoin/comments/fjmgph/hive_mining_basics_how_dwarves_work/

I think 100 dwarves are okay to find a block. But, I heard that atm all members are not getting profit with Hive mining. So, if you want to do hive mining you need to start with small amount e.g. 1k - 5k dwarves. If you make profit then you can increase gradually. But, before going for hive mining make sure you have some incoming connection along with a good number of outgoing connections.

If you want to know more about hive mining then please come to Discord and drop your question in ring-hive channel.
https://discord.gg/3AnFpvy

Note:
At the moment there are some other factors that are affecting Hive mining which were not expected. Devs are trying to fix those factors/issues.

casper77
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2020, 02:38:49 PM

amount e.g. 1k - 5k dwarves

wow ! where can i get that amount ? there is no exchanges
mining ? no, thanks, for the same reason
my CPU time is much expensive
nak333

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2020, 09:42:28 PM

atm Ex4ange is only exchange (unofficial) where you can trade Ring with BTC or Doge.
https://ex4ange.org/?RNG-BTC
https://ex4ange.org/?RNG-DOGE
PeaMine

View Profile
January 01, 2021, 06:04:25 PM

I started off buying 10 dwarves and it worked out for me, I feel there is no minimum.
Solve a few games to save CPU time, and then use that to buy dwarves any Global Index is under 100.  The lower it is, the much better return probability you have.
I bought a 100 dwarves recently for 1RNG , 3 times, and all of them turned green before the 10 days was up.  I know have enough to buy 5 sets of 100 (5 RNG), so almost double what I put in.
That was at a global index ranging from 49 to 81.
I feel this is a great balance of investment, puzzle solving, and CPU mining.

casper77
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 08:24:03 AM

I started off buying 10 dwarves and it worked out for me, I feel there is no minimum.
Solve a few games to save CPU time, and then use that to buy dwarves any Global Index is under 100.  The lower it is, the much better return probability you have.
I bought a 100 dwarves recently for 1RNG , 3 times, and all of them turned green before the 10 days was up.  I know have enough to buy 5 sets of 100 (5 RNG), so almost double what I put in.
That was at a global index ranging from 49 to 81.
I feel this is a great balance of investment, puzzle solving, and CPU mining.

i still dont understand a rules for solving puzzles
what are they ?
nak333

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2021, 11:17:19 AM

i still dont understand a rules for solving puzzles
what are they ?

Do you understand Urdu? I can make a video tutorial in Urdu.
I can write English but, I'm not good in speaking English.
casper77
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 01:42:28 AM

Do you understand Urdu? I can make a video tutorial in Urdu.
I can write English but, I'm not good in speaking English.

let's try
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: