Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:22:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My story with leverage  (Read 277 times)
barbara44

Activity: 2408
Merit: 605

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
February 17, 2020, 02:09:02 PM

To monitor, we have 1000s of way but to eliminate the dangers associated with leverage trading what you have? We cannot simply go forward it is a high risk -high reward way of trading. Because, in my opinion leverage trading is kind of unnecessary risk in the greed of high profits when we have sport trading for decent profits with low risk and more importantly with guaranteed peace of mind.

Alerts or reports or any kind of thing will not save you when market do a reverse. When market is complete unpredictable we must need some cushion to wait which is the exact thing leverage trading is not providing. No one could predict exact turning points to enter and to exit and when this is true, it is always highly recommended to stay away from leverage trading regardless of how advanced tools or apps are equipped with.
That is why I compare leverage trading with gambling. We can see that a number of greedy people usually go for leverage trading with the greed to have immense profits in minimum time interval but with those huge profits comes huge risk. Leverage trading might even make our entire wallet balance to "ZERO" overnight if the price continuously moves in the opposite direction.

Crypto markets are high volatile and they might even make a move above $1000 in a single day which might give you huge profits if the direction is on your side but on the same hand you can imagine the risk associated here. Spot trading is always good but would need high capital whereas you can start with a lower capital with leverage trading and this might be a benefit of leverage. If you are wise, you would make huge profits with leverage.

wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
February 17, 2020, 06:17:35 PM

Leverage trading always comes with high risk. Reading your story, I feel like sharing my own.

I made 100% profit by trading with ETHUSDT pair in binance futures in just 9 days. This really motivated me a lot and this is the point where I lost control on myself. on 10th day, I again shorted "x" number of ETH and that was the worst call of my trading history. The price started dropping and the time was not far when my liquidation price was crossed. I was careless at that point as I did not take the efforts to set the stop-loss and it made me lose my entire 100% profit which I earned in 9 days, in just a single trade. That is why you should never consider leverage trading as easiest part.

There are a lot of ups and downs which might even make you lose everything you have so only choose leverage trading if you have the skills.
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
February 17, 2020, 10:01:00 PM

Leverage trading always comes with high risk. Reading your story, I feel like sharing my own.

I made 100% profit by trading with ETHUSDT pair in binance futures in just 9 days. This really motivated me a lot and this is the point where I lost control on myself. on 10th day, I again shorted "x" number of ETH and that was the worst call of my trading history. The price started dropping and the time was not far when my liquidation price was crossed. I was careless at that point as I did not take the efforts to set the stop-loss and it made me lose my entire 100% profit which I earned in 9 days, in just a single trade. That is why you should never consider leverage trading as easiest part.

There are a lot of ups and downs which might even make you lose everything you have so only choose leverage trading if you have the skills.

Yes, this is the beauty of trading with leverage.
When you manage to make good money, you begin to believe in yourself. It works the same mechanism as with gambling.

First you win because everyone calculated correctly, then you win because you are lucky, but you do not notice this because you think that this victory is your merit.
You continue to play without noticing your mistakes and eventually lose.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 17, 2020, 11:13:06 PM

How did plunging straight into leverage become the norm?

It's completely batty to arrive in crypto knowing nothing and deciding you're going to 'make it' by non leveraged trading, let alone adding that on top.

The dullest stock trader with years of experience stands an extremely high chance of losing on the dullest markets. What makes a total noob turning up to the biggest shitpit of all and running to the shittest platforms think they're going to master it?
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
February 18, 2020, 07:56:49 AM

Probably since Bitcoinica. Cheesy Human nature....

It's completely batty to arrive in crypto knowing nothing and deciding you're going to 'make it' by non leveraged trading, let alone adding that on top.

The dullest stock trader with years of experience stands an extremely high chance of losing on the dullest markets.

On more boring markets, people just employ more leverage so they can blow up their accounts just as quickly. 200x is normal in forex. No matter what instrument, most traders employ terrible risk management and too much leverage.

That's the real reason trading appears like gambling. 9 out of 10 traders literally treat it that way.

tbterryboy

Activity: 1946
Merit: 322

View Profile
February 18, 2020, 08:26:01 AM

The dullest stock trader with years of experience stands an extremely high chance of losing on the dullest markets.

On more boring markets, people just employ more leverage so they can blow up their accounts just as quickly. 200x is normal in forex. No matter what instrument, most traders employ terrible risk management and too much leverage.

That's the real reason trading appears like gambling. 9 out of 10 traders literally treat it that way.
Yes, leveraged trading makes people to try new things out of excitement like they will be having very big capital to do whatever they want to in markets. They never think about its negative consequences and this is the simple reason why they all get busted in very short period of time itself.

I agree when traders do whatever they want without accessing risk management and buying/selling whatever they want to do at random price levels, trading simply turning as gambling.
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
February 18, 2020, 08:53:32 PM

You also forgot about the fee on takers against makers, if you make a trade you will save a lot in futures fees. Never go for cross margin trading on any of these exchanges as it will not just liquidate you in circumstances when markets go against you, but your entire capital will be at risk and will get swiped away from your hands if one wrong trade happens. I trade with a maximum of 20x but I keep isolated mode on, so if my trade even closes in aoss, it will not take my entire capital but just the USDT I allocated to that trade.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
February 18, 2020, 09:36:54 PM

The dullest stock trader with years of experience stands an extremely high chance of losing on the dullest markets. What makes a total noob turning up to the biggest shitpit of all and running to the shittest platforms think they're going to master it?

Leverage has become increasingly popular recently now that more and more people are advertising their massive gains from leveraged (gambling), and many derivatives exchanges actively advertising the high leverage offered on pairs certainly doesn't help either. The winner for all of this ends up being the platform, and I even recall Bitmex used to have a much lower maximum leverage a few years ago (something like 20/25x) before they upped it to 100x, probably to reel in newbie gamblers. It's certainly extremely worrying how many people are misusing leverage, though.
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
February 18, 2020, 10:30:46 PM

Leverage has become increasingly popular recently now that more and more people are advertising their massive gains from leveraged (gambling), and many derivatives exchanges actively advertising the high leverage offered on pairs certainly doesn't help either. The winner for all of this ends up being the platform, and I even recall Bitmex used to have a much lower maximum leverage a few years ago (something like 20/25x) before they upped it to 100x, probably to reel in newbie gamblers. It's certainly extremely worrying how many people are misusing leverage, though.

It is not about how people are misusing, but how they are not correctly using this feature and getting busted every time they leverage trade. Leverage is meant to lure highly addicted traders [gamblers] to their websites and make them deposit more and more after losing all their balance. They also allocate you a personal assistant who helps you in taking decisions in markets and tells you what to buy/sell. You need to trust me on this that you should never listen to these suckers, they will just make you lose in 3 trades and will show us the disclaimer afterwards that they just gave us opinions and the rest decision was ours only.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
February 19, 2020, 12:13:39 PM

leveraged trading makes people to try new things out of excitement like they will be having very big capital to do whatever they want to in markets. They never think about its negative consequences and this is the simple reason why they all get busted in very short period of time itself.
A trader who gets excitements out of failing to control his emotions may not succeed even in spot trading. In leveraged trading, people are assuming themselves as a whale once they are all set with big capital but they do fail to realize their actual potential. This is the reason why they do fail. Leverage trading is good only when you are too accurate with your analysis. I guess no trader will be able to 100% accurate with their buying or selling levels.

Leverage trading gets us some virtual potential to trade and obviously with lots of strings attached. It means you are not really getting what you seem but you are tied not to trade with your original capabilities too. It is better not go for leveraged trading as it is not letting us being us to trade with peace of mind.
fib1012

Activity: 24
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2020, 05:42:07 PM

I also have a horrible experience during Leverage trading in bimex. I early days i was jumped in to Bitmex because of a huge hype those days and i lost my 2.5 Eth it was costing me 2.5x400 = 1000 usd.

That day and today even i not login my account, This is a game of do or DIE. All immature and newbies stay away from this shit.
barbara44

Activity: 2408
Merit: 605

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
February 19, 2020, 07:07:08 PM

Well, now even binance has uplifted the maximum leverage upto 125x which usually attracts a lot of investors. Usually we could even trade with contracts for 1 BTC with just 100$ in our margin balance by trading with 100x leverage and this might even show huge profits but risk associated here is comparatively much higher.

In case you are trading with 1 BTC contract by keeping 100$ in your margin balance would make you lose those $100 if ever the price bounces back in opposite direction by just $100. In no time you would see your futures account loosing each and every dollar on board. There might be some individuals who have made profits from leverage trading but at the end, it is the exchange which makes profits and not the traders. Each trader has to face loss at the end.

RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 08:22:00 AM

It is not about how people are misusing, but how they are not correctly using this feature and getting busted every time they leverage trade. Leverage is meant to lure highly addicted traders [gamblers] to their websites and make them deposit more and more after losing all their balance. They also allocate you a personal assistant who helps you in taking decisions in markets and tells you what to buy/sell. You need to trust me on this that you should never listen to these suckers, they will just make you lose in 3 trades and will show us the disclaimer afterwards that they just gave us opinions and the rest decision was ours only.
That's the usual case. Actually in leverage trading if ever our margin balance exhaust above 80% they send us various mails informing us to increase our margin balance which only is possible by depositing some more funds or closing/changing the position. Many traders(especially newbies) make a mistake by depositing more funds just to increase their liquidation price and this is where they are trapped.

Markets move in opposite direction and this leads them to lose every single buck onto the leverage account. That is a major risk associated with leverage trading and hence mostly, newbies should try to go for leverage trading. This would mostly only land them in loss as leverage trading can highly be compared with gambling where your luck plays an important factor.
Negotiation

Activity: 1064
Merit: 267

Need a Helping hand? https://tinyurl.com/2p94uabm

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2020, 09:20:32 AM

I think trading BTMX leverage is riskier than losing it here compared to many risky places When I traded here I lost almost everything and then stopped trading and started trading on Forex which helped me get back my old money. That is why I think it would be best to hold the trade in front of the market situation. By trading on Bitmax you are only better off because you are away.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: