Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:24:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fake freewallet mails, Beware  (Read 365 times)
VDraci

Activity: 560
Merit: 28

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
February 14, 2020, 02:38:39 PM

I don't trust freewallet team, they can be the real culprits behind these mails, I once lost funds to their crappy wallet and till date I still can't recover it, same as xapo wallet too, once you have problem with log in you are in big trouble
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
February 14, 2020, 02:39:35 PM

Too risky to give out your important email address just like that or use it on any kind of site. Better to handle your most important email address like you would handle your private keys. Decentralized platform is probably one of the safest things I would trust such email address and other personal identifications on.
CryptoVzla

Merit: 290

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
February 14, 2020, 02:48:46 PM

One of the reasons why I don't open much of my e-mails now.
First is because of HitBTC

Yes, i always receive email from HitBTC that tell me someone login into my accounts, i think they do that because lack of traffic that visited on their exchange.
just delete & block all email from HitBTC, never use that exchange anymore because fee is to high for small traders like me :/

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓███       
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓     
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓██████ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████ 
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████▓▓▓█▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓█▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████▓▓▓▓██
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████▓▓▓▓███ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           

GEOMA DAO

Take a Look Into the Future

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2020, 02:50:34 PM

I also encountered the same situation. Every day I receive hundreds of spam emails coming from ICOs and bounty projects. I don't know why they can know my email and name, I never gave them my primary email and my real name. It's best to never visit these links, it's scary
pikkie

Activity: 924
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 14, 2020, 02:54:12 PM

One of the reasons why I don't open much of my e-mails now.
First is because of HitBTC. After seeing a lot of e-mail from them that I had logged in from another country or something like that I had been lazy opening e-mails.
I haven't even freaking opened my HitBTC account.

Then a lot more from ICO's or new projects which I haven't signed up with.
That is already a sign that someone is copying e-mail addresses. Also shows there is no privacy in their end.
Somehow it will still be leaked thanks to the spreadsheets.
well it turns out there is the same as me, I have 11k emails piling up from the first I made an e-mail and first learned about cryptocurrency and when participating in a bounty campaign or airdrop suddenly many e-mails came in from cryptocurrency and other offers really terrible e-mail someone's identity is very easy to obtain from such methods, imagine those who do KYC in airdrops and bounties aimed at scams, then their identities will definitely be easy to use for crime without the knowledge of their owners.
Freewallet

Activity: 554
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2020, 08:57:09 AM

I don't trust freewallet team, they can be the real culprits behind these mails, I once lost funds to their crappy wallet and till date I still can't recover it, same as xapo wallet too, once you have problem with log in you are in big trouble

Hello,

Did you contact our support team on this issue? May we have your user ID or support ticket number?

Freewallet, The Mobile-First Cryptowallet Developer
Learn more about Freewallet and our apps: freewallet.org
Freewallet 24/7 assistance: https://bit.ly/2rgGdRw or reach out to us directly on Facebook or by PM.
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
February 17, 2020, 10:06:14 AM

Hello,

Did you contact our support team on this issue? May we have your user ID or support ticket number?
Are you part of free wallet team? if yes then its good to have you on here, please do upgrade your wallet from online/web to full wallet and let users control their private keys themselves and you will notice a huge increase users of your wallet, having private keys for users is a shady business

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
sangjoewara

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2020, 10:33:12 AM

Are you part of free wallet team? if yes then its good to have you on here, please do upgrade your wallet from online/web to full wallet and let users control their private keys themselves and you will notice a huge increase users of your wallet, having private keys for users is a shady business
That's right, your suggestion is very good and I totally agree with the phrase you say, because like myetherwallet and trustwallet wallets that have been very widely used by crypto lovers, because they know that the wallet is really safe and they can hold privatekey
Denv_eagle

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2020, 11:08:17 AM

Well, I do get the same emails from numerous services. Seems that hackers just got my address in their databases  Embarrassed
o.ogurlu

Activity: 910
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2020, 11:19:27 AM

This kind of mail comes so to my e-mail address too which i use for bounty campaigns. Recently they have been sending fake spreadsheet mails especially. The best way is to ignore and delete such mails.
rdewilde

Activity: 925
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2020, 12:00:00 PM

That's is, spreadsheet and fake Airdrops are the easiest ways to get emails reason why it's important for bounty managers to always hide their participants emails for security reasons. Also, it is good you pointed it out for others to leans and take caution about it as most might be gullible to fall for such. Furthermore, you can access your account, change password or take other precautionary measures to ensure the safety of your account.

Zurcermozz

Merit: 16

View Profile
February 17, 2020, 12:03:25 PM

This one also sent me a mail, I don't know the reason how the hell did they know my email address, thankfully I didn't do anything crazy, because for sure, I might get scammed again like what happened before, I try to report it, but it keeps on sending mail, so I block it to stop.
Jannyh
Copper Member

Activity: 994
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2020, 02:53:39 PM

I also got series of such mail, but what made me raise an eyebrow was when I got the message  from email I never used to sign up for the free wallet, I think we really need to be very careful, scammers would go to any length  just to ripe one of their earnings.

smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
February 17, 2020, 03:08:46 PM

Scammers are going around copying peoples email from
1. bounty spreadsheets
2. Fake airdrops bots

just to fool the real email users to get into their freewallet account and steal funds, I here to reveal their new moves, I personally use a different email to claim airdrops and bounties but I am surprised that all these mails of mine got the same message from fake freewallet team that some is trying to log into my account from unknown location that I should click a link to change password, the fact is I never like freewallet and I've never used any of my mails to registered for freewallet account. Be careful especially crypto newbies

After two weeks a friend of mine called from afar and asked me the same thing, this is no doubt a new move from scammers, here is the image of the mails

That's actually an old trick they used to use it on Paypal holders, so be wary on the url or the domain where you are going to land I'm 100% sure that it will be a different domain or sites that you usually login , scammers are everywhere you should be aware of all their dirty tricks.
terizla

Activity: 555
Merit: 271

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2020, 01:37:03 AM

I think they got emails not only from bounty spreadsheet and fakes airdrops. They can got email in fake project too. Like a Newsletter in fake project.
joksim299
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1014

Bitdice is scam scam scammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2020, 02:26:42 AM

Its better to memorize private key than to use Freewallet.
Always use  wallet where you hold your private key there are many proven out there FW is not one of them.

shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 18, 2020, 12:13:20 PM

but who would have used that wallet anyway ? i dont know if i already heard of that wallet before but  i wouldnt trust a wallet that im not familiar with . being familiar to me is when they are advertise on this site and i can see them everyday . other than that if many people use them and post great feedback or recomend them to others . i havent recieve exact same email but i recieve other emails from other sites that i havent visited or signed up . its clear that they are unsafe so i just stay away
lienfaye

Activity: 2940
Merit: 629

View Profile
February 18, 2020, 10:00:14 PM

I used to receive similar emails that I registered for bounty hunting and airdrops thats why its not new to me anymore.

I just ignore those messages especially if I dont have any business to them.

Scammers are everywhere nowadays and they will do everything they can to take advantage the weakness of others particularly the newbies who dont have enough knowledge on how things work online hence be cautious and dont trust easily.

rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
February 19, 2020, 04:35:36 PM

Hi Balladtony77,

Following the breach of data of 1.4 millions GITHUB users, many service providers chose to warn their customers of any suspicious logins to their accounts.

These notifications are solely to inform you about login attempts whereas no actual login to your account takes place.

We recommend you to change passwords to your email box immediately.

LOL so it appears that the emails are actually coming from the real freewallet team?

@OP can you confirm that the screenshot in your post is the email sent to your friend?
I would be amazed if that's sent to you  Cheesy
How on earth would they know your email if you haven't created one there.

Guys, aside from the emails, you should also be careful using fake wallets like freewallet. They are like a centralized exchange that freezes user's funds anytime they suspect you are doing something suspicious in their eyes. They won't release it until the user had undergone account verification.
OasisDre

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

View Profile
February 21, 2020, 05:12:54 PM

but who would have used that wallet anyway ? i dont know if i already heard of that wallet before but  i wouldnt trust a wallet that im not familiar with . being familiar to me is when they are advertise on this site and i can see them everyday . other than that if many people use them and post great feedback or recomend them to others . i havent recieve exact same email but i recieve other emails from other sites that i havent visited or signed up . its clear that they are unsafe so i just stay away
Free wallet have been around for so long and many crypto miners use them back in those days until issues start riding up and they quit using them, lose of fund, slow transaction speed, hacks etc, people who don't know can easily fall for this so called old trick

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: