Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:37:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I kept USDT  (Read 613 times)
Dhoe

Activity: 1442
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 17, 2020, 07:47:28 AM

financially, usdt is safer than other crypto including bitcoin. as you have explained, bitcoin experiences a very extreme price movement, sometimes it is very high and then falls very deep. for investors and traders, it is a beneficial and detrimental event. while usdt is a crypto asset that tends to be stable and the value is always almost the same as the dollar.
Yes, I agree, USDT is suitable for investors who want to keep the value of their assets stable, without an increase or decrease in value. USDT is not suitable for trading. I personally take USDT to maintain the value of my assets so it's not fluctuate.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qory

Activity: 1722
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 17, 2020, 07:52:55 AM

Keep USDT when bitcoin and altcoin going back to lower price because USDT keep stable how ever bitcoin and altcoin happen going down or going up, but when bitcoin on the top price never buy and hold your assets in USDT because never increase of your bitcoin and altcoin value.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Thomas-s

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
February 17, 2020, 08:48:54 AM

financially, usdt is safer than other crypto including bitcoin. as you have explained, bitcoin experiences a very extreme price movement, sometimes it is very high and then falls very deep. for investors and traders, it is a beneficial and detrimental event. while usdt is a crypto asset that tends to be stable and the value is always almost the same as the dollar.
the safest? you probably forgot about all those legal proceedings that arise around this stable coin every year. it is not a decentralized stable coin that is constantly printed in any quantity which the company wishes. if they want, then one sunny day you will be left without your money. this will not happen with bitcoin

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
February 17, 2020, 08:58:29 AM

Let me get it straight, you have 0.5 btc equal with USDT right now and you want to double it to 1 btc, butyou are still waiting for bitcoin's price going deeper, so you can buy more bitcoin with cheaper price with your USDT, am i right? And you will sell as soon as possible if you think the price is already high enough
This is what exactly we will be doing with fiats to double that. I know USDT is nothing new but just the crypto form of fiat so we must need to do like you have mentioned to double it. I just wonder why people are struggling to understand the use case of USDT. Before making use of any new thing, people must take time to understand for what purposes it has been introduced. Honestly I'm not having any problem in making use of USDT.

With the help of USDT, we can easily trade crypto is like how we are doing BTC/USD or BTC/EUR pairs. With USDT one of this pair will be look like BTC/USDT and nothing complex here.
This is really unfortunate, people here are not ready to understand how a stable coin is working and why it was created. I believe making use of stable coin is not a big thing because we are able to understand how trading is working and how stable coin will be an alternative to fiats. When you are having some alternative for fiats on blockchain,  you can easily move them anywhere, this is the reason why we are having crypto based stable coins.

Stable coins can be used for storing your profits and I believe this is what OP be trying to emphasize here. We can store our profits into stable coin with the expectation of bitcoin to be available for cheaper prices. This may happen or may not because it is just part of trading and obviously we cannot predict the future exactly.
Reid

Activity: 2870
Merit: 642

View Profile
February 17, 2020, 09:03:57 AM

So your USDT came from your own funds or did it came from selling bitcoin too?
That is your pair right? BTC/USDT?

So, how will you earn more bitcoin if  you will keep on selling it?
I mean, I know there is trading but then again, once it pops up again I bet you are going to sell all of those.
Ending to nothing and still preferring cash right?

It keeps on going on until when? I hope I did understand right.
I am seeing a buyer and also a seller but will never trust bitcoin at the end.
Shallow

Activity: 938
Merit: 255

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
February 17, 2020, 09:43:27 AM

Whenever I get stucked with Usdt when trading I always remember myself what happened in 2018 when bitcoin was trading @ 19k and in February 2018 it goes down to 9k, even in January 2019 bitcoin was trading at 3,500$, My point here is there is time for everything in crypto space, Lack of patience is what's affecting many and also fear of missing out, even if bitcoin hit 50k today alas it will shrink in value sooner or later, bitcoin is volatile, its left for you to choose the best time to buy, as for me, what I care most about is turning 0.5btc to 1BTC

No need to argue that USDT or rather stablecoins are safe haven for almost all users in this space, be it traders or as the case maybe. There are people who trade against USDT while there are others who study the market buy when it's low, and once the price goes up they sell; the thing is, everyone applies strategies that works for them. I know some people who were holding bitcoin for a while before the price increases, now they have all converted to usdt to hold their profits. So yes, usdt or any other stablecoin is very good especially during unfavorable market.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
February 17, 2020, 09:57:05 AM

Yes, I agree, USDT is suitable for investors who want to keep the value of their assets stable, without an increase or decrease in value. USDT is not suitable for trading. I personally take USDT to maintain the value of my assets so it's not fluctuate.
Im also converting all of my portfolios to the stable coin too and so far this is the best decision that can be taken by everyone to avoid the bearish trend perfectly rather than convert it into the bitcoin. we can convert our money to the bitcoin again anytime as the market shows the next bullish trend.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
coinmaster241

Activity: 672
Merit: 32

View Profile
February 17, 2020, 11:53:56 AM

Whenever I get stucked with Usdt when trading I always remember myself what happened in 2018 when bitcoin was trading @ 19k and in February 2018 it goes down to 9k, even in January 2019 bitcoin was trading at 3,500$, My point here is there is time for everything in crypto space, Lack of patience is what's affecting many and also fear of missing out, even if bitcoin hit 50k today alas it will shrink in value sooner or later, bitcoin is volatile, its left for you to choose the best time to buy, as for me, what I care most about is turning 0.5btc to 1BTC
I've experienced that too guys, but the difference was that in 2018 I was still learning, so I was very vulnerable to losses even though I had asked where to keep the heart to decide. for me now loss is a very valuable experience
Ridwan.P

Activity: 411
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2020, 02:17:53 PM

Right. Saving USDT is the best way. We don't need to worry if bitcoin or altcoin suddenly falls like yesterday and we can buy bitcoin or altcoin when prices are falling. And we can sell it when prices are high.
darewaller

Activity: 2800
Merit: 634

View Profile
February 17, 2020, 02:20:14 PM

The logic is quite good, although this is basically holding, not trading - the traders may prefer to lose a little now just to stay in the game. But I am holder, so I don't mind.
What I don't like in the logic is the USDT part. Holding is fine, but I don't trust USDT. There are a few stable coins which have proper 3rd party audit; I'd choose those instead of USDT.
Not a big logic in my opinion as I am doing this for years. Holding USDT when cryptos are in bullish will be incurring to more losses as buying cryptos for USDT when cryptos are cheaper is the actual motivation here. I agree cryptos are always fluctuating and buying back them at cheaper prices will be possible but that would be only up to some level. For example, if you are waiting to buy back bitcoin for less than $900 since 2016 December then how that will be possible even holding is part of your plan.

I mean holding is also just a derived version of trading and losses or profits may happen when you are holding. This is perfectly true with stablecoins too. Holding stablecoins in bearish market will let you increase your networth whereas in bullish market will lead to decline in your total networth.

betty11
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 17, 2020, 02:47:30 PM

Leaving your fund can be very risky and heartbreaking while when you are sleeping, the price of bitcoin suddenly mooned like what we saw in the USA-Iran conflict that saw a quick spike in the price of bitcoin. I recently forgot to convert my USDT to ETH when ETH was about $124, ETH would later rose to $270 before I remembered I left my money is USDT. very sad experience. Always have some percentage in bitcoin and control your risk level.
nreal

Activity: 932
Merit: 100

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
February 17, 2020, 03:12:25 PM

Trading with USDT helps you limit risks when the market is volatile or in the bear market. I think that it is necessary to be flexible in trading using USDT, With the bull market, trading in BTC will bring greater profits than risks.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
February 18, 2020, 01:25:45 PM

Be careful cos you can easily get burnt, I opted out of trading bitcoin since 9200$ and my thought was it will go down and I will re buy again but instead it keeps growing, I'm stick holding my USDT in my wallet but if the bullrun is just getting started I will feel very bad
If you are not careful you will end up making the wrong choice. For the past 1 month, people have been talking about the bull run probably because of the halving that is coming up this year. These are mere speculation and nobody knows maybe this will really bring about the bull run. The scarcity people are expecting that will cause the hike in price is under maybe the miners will not be selling their coin. Whichever way it goes I believe however witnessed the hike in price of bitcoin in 2017 must have learn one or two lesson.
bearexin

Activity: 1162
Merit: 168

View Profile
February 18, 2020, 02:37:38 PM

I personally feel like people who still hold USDT is not doing it for the purposes of why USDT was liked back in the day but because of technical stuff. We all know what happened with it and we all know its not a favorite anymore, we all want something better to come up, preferably Libra or anything else that any other government may do, even Chinese government building their own stablecoin would be better.

Right now, there is no trust towards other stablecoins in the market, there are usdc, gusd, dusd and stuff like that even busd for binance but nobody really likes or cares about the other ones, USDT was probably first one or at least first one to go mainstream and it was loved by everyone, now we all hate it or at least know whats wrong with it and nobody moved to alternatives.
LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
February 18, 2020, 02:49:57 PM

Converting to USDT is good to maintain the value but if you are holding it for a long time why not just cash it out for fiat and put it on banks or use other stablecoins. There are bad rumors on USDT and USDT has the ability to freeze any wallets. That is quite alarming, right? Only DAI stablecoin doesn't have that ability, but so far USDT has good usage in most of the exchanges.

when bitcoin was trading @ 19k and in February 2018 it goes down to 9k
Wait what? I guess you got it wrong here, BTC last ATH was December 2017, not 2018 it reaches $19k.
rhey

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2020, 03:33:29 PM

bitcoin prices fall down is indeed a lot of factors because maybe the panic of selling and maybe this will be a good year for bitcoin to come back to its heyday because halving will happen, the point is in my opinion is patience waiting for assets to be doubled
isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
February 18, 2020, 06:01:40 PM

I would just advise you to keep hiding your profit there. I can't say for sure that we're now in the bull trend as the price jumps to 10k already. It isn't that yet of a much increase if you would think of it back in 2017, in fact we need to get to where we left since that year.
You can do day trade, but I wouldn't suggest it for beginners if you're now looking for an extension on where to earn in times of these trends. I wonder what price are you eyeing at, OP?
chennappa121

Activity: 400
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 18, 2020, 06:20:34 PM

I will use my own strategy to when o got good profits for my investments then i will convents my principal investment amount to USDT and keep profits as same. than i plane next investments as per the market conditions this strategy will gives me best results for me till now because of USDT. so it is best stable coins for every crypto traders.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
Diamond_Darrell

Activity: 1106
Merit: 103

♦♣♥♠

View Profile
February 18, 2020, 08:39:12 PM

Good desire, then you have to buy some shit of tokens for a part of your bitcoin and wait for them to show decent X-rays. But be careful in choosing, all your tokens can turn into crypto wrappers

daniahya
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2020, 04:08:58 AM

Keep USDT when bitcoin and altcoin going back to lower price because USDT keep stable how ever bitcoin and altcoin happen going down or going up, but when bitcoin on the top price never buy and hold your assets in USDT because never increase of your bitcoin and altcoin value.
usually I also do the things you have mentioned by maintaining USDT if the price of bitcoin and altcoin falls because the value is fixed and sometimes I also buy some altcoin using usdt for my savings
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: