Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:03:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: small miners we are all $crewed KNC scrypt 100 mega hashes  (Read 5140 times)
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 05:28:06 AM

What will happen?

Coins will change the also or evolve into algo's that are scrypt resistent.

~BCX~

Article link:  http://www.coindesk.com/kncminer-accepting-pre-orders-first-scrypt-miner-titan/

here's another article that pre-dates that one:

http://kolinevans.wordpress.com/2014/03/02/why-there-could-be-a-mini-revolution-occuring-in-crypto-currency/

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 05:29:06 AM

where's EL Dude we need his educated opinion on all this !  : D

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
brooklynite

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:42:37 AM

$10k ... wow, wish I had that kind of cash laying around:

https://www.kncminer.com/categories/litecoin-mining-hardware

ROI will be a big question.

Within a week those 100 mh/s machines will be making less than $20/day.
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:48:58 AM

You guys are freaking out for nothing. This is a good thing! Scrypt ASICs will destroy 99% of all the shit coins that exist today. LTC will survive along with a select few, but everything else is dead meat. The surviving scrypt coins' difficulties will skyrocket, and ASICs will fall to the same profitability levels as GPUs. GPUs will move on to different more profitable algos, simple as that.
brooklynite

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:34:22 AM

You guys are freaking out for nothing. This is a good thing! Scrypt ASICs will destroy 99% of all the shit coins that exist today. LTC will survive along with a select few, but everything else is dead meat. The surviving scrypt coins' difficulties will skyrocket, and ASICs will fall to the same profitability levels as GPUs. GPUs will move on to different more profitable algos, simple as that.

There is only one winner here and that is the Scrypt ASIC manufacturers like gridseed and KNC.
jparsley

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:35:53 AM

find a way to buy one...

$9000 dollars  Sad

who would buy at that price.

please unban me.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:19:11 AM

There is only one winner here and that is the Scrypt ASIC manufacturers like gridseed and KNC.

Eg try find me BTC miner which with deal woth ROI ? now... Cheesy
same will be with LTC soon many companies entered that market.

With such ASIC on scrypt all alrguments that LTC > BTC are pointless in principals...
LTC was win becouse it was ASICs free.
Without anty ASICs argument LTC scrypt coins will share fate of coins like ZET,ASCI coins without userbase and big attention.
With such ASICs there is no difrence between LTC and BTC... seriously ah 4x more coins... and lower block time... But that is all...

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
dmeter

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:33:27 AM

KnCMiner, one of the few cryotcurrency miner companies that tend to ship product, has announced that they sold $2 million worth of their scrypt mining Titan rigs in four hours, a new record for the company.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:53:49 AM

KnCMiner, one of the few cryotcurrency miner companies that tend to ship product, has announced that they sold $2 million worth of their scrypt mining Titan rigs in four hours, a new record for the company.
Look at ROI soon Cheesy... when it arrive and now on coin warz LTC is almost on top no shielded by shitcopies.
Revolution is comming when all ASICs will mine LTC for $ and when it have 30% inflation this year dear god do yo know how much money it will cost to keep their price Cheesy ?

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
AltCoinSpeculation

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:27:43 PM

As the GPu rigs start to mine the Alternative algo coins in greater numbers: vert/ drk/ max etc what will this do to the prices of these coins?
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 12:30:59 PM

It's easy to hardfork existing coins to Scrypt-N or other algo's.
That's why I don't invest in Scrypt ASIC's.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:34:36 PM

they should fork bitcoin too, to scrypt-n
HiroS

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 12:52:57 PM

It is many small Scrypt coins that will be screwed. They will get mined to a high difficulty and then left there. KGW offers a solution that will suddently become much more popular, the other concern is that these ASICs will put 51% abilities in the hands of many people so automatic checkpointing will also become the norm. Or take the brave step and move hashing solution completely.

Scrypt-N and Adaptive-N are both somewhat GPU unfriendly with variable N factors prove popular with GPU miners as there are alternative.

There is also X11 by Evan Duffield which contends to be the next gen hashing solution. There are two X11 coins so far, Hirocoin and Darkcoin. Both are well done if you check GitHub with Darkcoin promising anonymous transactions.

There will probably be other interesting solution coming from more well known coins preparing to duck the ASICs.

Whatever takes the next tier hashing crown could have a similar experience to what Litecoin and the other Scrypt coins at the time had when GPU miners came over from SHA-256.

Hirocoin - New unique feature just added. We will be the new home for GPU miners when those Scrypt ASICs hit.
crazy987

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:56:09 PM

As the GPu rigs start to mine the Alternative algo coins in greater numbers: vert/ drk/ max etc what will this do to the prices of these coins?

Probably raise them.
I think we will see a big spike in Scrypt-N when the first Scrypt miners come out.
Perseus353

Activity: 125

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:39:26 PM

KNC offered buyers who had pre-ordered a Neptune (~3TH/s bitcoin miner) to be exchanged for a pre-order of the Titan (100 MH/s scrypt).

I took the opportunity, because 3 TH isn't much anymore -- only about 0.3 today and a lot worse at delivery time -- and the Titan looks more promising on ROI.

The price of Litecoin will go up with two dynamics: The ASIC revolution in the Litecoin network (as happend with Bitcoin) -- and also when the price of Bitcoin rises -- it will pull Litecoin and other altcoins up with it.

We've seen both dynamics in the past year, and this will happen again.

There are three major developers that I know of racing to get the Litecoin ASIC in first: UK-based Alpha Technology, Netherlands-based Mining ASIC Technologies, and now also the Swedish KNC.

Does anyone know of any others?

I don't know which one will be the first to win the race, but I got orders running with all three.

1CkV1H1CA67CjpG5QMxEgVU9tNto51DBHd
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:42:42 PM

There are three major developers that I know of racing to get the Litecoin ASIC in first: UK-based Alpha Technology, Netherlands-based Mining ASIC Technologies, and now also the Swedish KNC.

I don't know which one will be the first to win the race, but I got orders running with all three.

What race? The pre-order, vaporware, "we promise we will deliver on time" race? There are already plenty people with Gridseed Asics in hand, mining away.

For example, look at this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=502038.0

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
crazy987

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:02:00 PM

KNC offered buyers who had pre-ordered a Neptune (~3TH/s bitcoin miner) to be exchanged for a pre-order of the Titan (100 MH/s scrypt).

I took the opportunity, because 3 TH isn't much anymore -- only about 0.3 today and a lot worse at delivery time -- and the Titan looks more promising on ROI.

The price of Litecoin will go up with two dynamics: The ASIC revolution in the Litecoin network (as happend with Bitcoin) -- and also when the price of Bitcoin rises -- it will pull Litecoin and other altcoins up with it.

We've seen both dynamics in the past year, and this will happen again.

Zeusminer looks pretty good.
I have made a pre-order with them as they offer a small usb miner for just 100 dollars.
Small risk, plus paypal + CC also gives some sense of security
wasamata

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:09:06 PM

Gridseed china have been using (and selling) Scrypt ASIC farms of up to 1 ghs maybe more, since early feb late jan. About the time the multipool profit per MH'S went from 0.015btc per mhs per day to 0.06 btc per mhs per day.

Any non asic proof scrypt coin, like litecoin/ dogecoin, will be mined and dumped like no tomorrow. The future is very Drk Wink
GPU rigs are here to stay.

PS still waiting for a scrypt ASIC coin multipool!
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:05:15 PM

Good news for Quark and POS coins ...

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
nauticatom

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:29:27 PM

They sold 200 of them yesterday, im amassing bitcoin for 4 units between myself and a mining cooperative.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: