Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:11:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: small miners we are all $crewed KNC scrypt 100 mega hashes  (Read 5140 times)
po1992one

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:39:24 PM

I think when more money goes in to buy hardware, the more the coin is worth. So the scrypt asic is good for scrypt coins I guess.
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:45:00 PM

where's EL Dude we need his educated opinion on all this !  : D

Bring on the ASICs , look at what happened to the price of bitcoin when ASICs were introduced.

litecoin will raise all other  scrypt coins will get 51% .

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:59:57 PM

Small GPU miners are FAR from dead. I have been mining DRK since discovering it couple of months ago and also flirted with Adaptive-N (Vertcoin) and Scrypt Jane.

DRK/X11 wins hands down because the same rig which was sucking 1250W on the wall runs great at ~600W and runs 50% cooler/very quiet. Add to the fact that it has a surging community, one of the best developers and a great list of innovative features already implemented and going live down the road, this will be the coin GPU miners will be flocking to once they discover it. Recently a DRK clone without the DarkSend/anonymity features was also launched which exposed X11 to small miners.

I still see big whale farms dumping GPU in small pockets here and there because they have the capital to invest in Scrypt ASICs and their success depends on scalability, so this might lead to short term correction in GPU pricing. Once the X11 valuation soars (DarkSend or otherwise) and is adopted by small miners, the demand will be right back. I don't think GPUs will flood the used card market as much as it has been talked about for the last few months in anticipation of Scrypt ASICs.

Scrypt ASICs are also flirting in dangerous territory. It was a different ball game with BitCoin ASICs and we have seen how much of a struggle even trying to be #2 is for Litecoin.
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:52:19 PM

KnC announced they'll release 2500 100MH miners initially. Good luck trying to get your "investment" back to anyone who purchases one.

Furthermore, as a relatively small miner, I really don't care. I started mining bitcoin with GPUs back in 2011. Some of those same GPUs are still mining scrypt coins. Later this year, they'll be mining quark, X11, scrypt-jane, vert, or keccak coins. And I'll still be making money.
gielbier

Activity: 914
Merit: 250

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:27:16 PM

Time to mine skein. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=322828.0

█████▄
██▀   ▀██
██     ██
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄████▄   ▀███▀   ▄████▄
▄██▀  ▀██▄▄████▄▄██▀  ▀██
██       ███   ███       ██
██▄  ▄██▀▀████▀▀██▄  ▄██▀
▀████▀   ▄███▄   ▀████▀
▄██▀ ▀██▄
██     ██
██▄   ▄██
▀█████
          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄
Prasaga
                                                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████████▄
██████████████████▄
████████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER     
►  TECH WP
►  COMMERCIAL WP
fran2k

Activity: 784

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 06:32:54 PM

History shows what will happen. As asic miners come on line, difficulty will increase and so will the coin price. It will be a repeat of what has happened to bitcoin over the last few years.

This, exactly the same that happened one year ago.

Expect Vertcoin 20 bucks in one year Smiley
kache

Activity: 140

Bored

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:34:12 PM

Brace yourself and prepare for plan B. KnCMiner Scrypt ASIC‎ will soon be here. Normally I would not worry but KNC was a huge reputation for over delivering  Sad .

What can we do? any ideas?
Move to another algo. That was the whole point of altcoins: moving to an algo that didn't have ASICs. Now that asics are coming, time to move on.

Rig: http://www.betarigs.com/rig/257
BTC: 15rBivhPYhVnQsgVHucNXHy5b66bUn6njM
Doge: DSdsJdTrmXSAZCdNi1iQ7zEo8nH1iBWGQv
fran2k

Activity: 784

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 06:34:50 PM

You guys are freaking out for nothing. This is a good thing! Scrypt ASICs will destroy 99% of all the shit coins that exist today. LTC will survive along with a select few, but everything else is dead meat. The surviving scrypt coins' difficulties will skyrocket, and ASICs will fall to the same profitability levels as GPUs. GPUs will move on to different more profitable algos, simple as that.

Totally agree.

The 2014 massacre of shit alts.
sudoku

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:37:15 PM

So what coin will the small miners be mining when knc delivers?

1SudokuNgdzsYuANDinxUBwKgfyv5cptW
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:42:56 PM

scrypt asics are good news. When people are invested in asics they are invested in crypto. The only way out is bringing others in.
asics are a good thing.

Sell rigs and trade instead. Make far more money if you do it correctly anyway.

Get your rigs on ebay before everyone else.... or keep them for other algos.

I'm selling half keeping half.

GypsyMagic

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:03:32 PM

KnC announced they'll release 2500 100MH miners initially. Good luck trying to get your "investment" back to anyone who purchases one.

Furthermore, as a relatively small miner, I really don't care. I started mining bitcoin with GPUs back in 2011. Some of those same GPUs are still mining scrypt coins. Later this year, they'll be mining quark, X11, scrypt-jane, vert, or keccak coins. And I'll still be making money.

I have just one rig and i'm new to the game(less than a week). what coin(s) do you think will be the best to spend these couple months trying to mine before switching to other asic resistant alts? or do you think a switch now is prudent?
luck5

Activity: 149

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:06:01 PM

You can always mine one of the 5 MYR algos  Smiley each with 20% max, so scrypt asics wont have anything more than gpu mining.

u can even mine it with cpu or sha asics. that's the most fair of all the coins!

No hype, no bullshit, no premine. take a look at it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483515.0

kache

Bored

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:40:16 PM

Who's "afraid" of scrypt ASICs, and who's profit-mining scrypt anyway?

Scrypt doesn't pay for electricity already on some situations, without KNC.

Problem is, currently neither does Adaptive Nscrypt and keccak, so what is your suggestion?

Rig: http://www.betarigs.com/rig/257
BTC: 15rBivhPYhVnQsgVHucNXHy5b66bUn6njM
Doge: DSdsJdTrmXSAZCdNi1iQ7zEo8nH1iBWGQv
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:47:54 PM

it sort of seems like majority of small miners have been being screwed for a long time and nobody gives a hoot.  I'm not saying all small miners are doing bad but it looks like a rigged minefield from over here.
Perseus353

Activity: 125

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:17:59 PM

Does anyone know how to re-fit a conventional SHA-256 miner (like KNC's Jupiter) for another SHA-256 altcoin?

Is there a second life for these at all?

1CkV1H1CA67CjpG5QMxEgVU9tNto51DBHd
Buratino
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:05:14 PM

In near future GPU miners can choose best coin from Vertcoin, Darkcoin, Ultracoin, Microcoin(?), Hirocoin(?) and others depending on community, development activity, market capabiltity and liquidity (trading volume). I think that X11 is the best algo with lower power consumption. 

HiroS

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 03:30:06 PM

In near future GPU miners can choose best coin from Vertcoin, Darkcoin, Ultracoin, Microcoin(?), Hirocoin(?) and others depending on community, development activity, market capabiltity and liquidity (trading volume). I think that X11 is the best algo with lower power consumption. 

X11 is the best algo going for miners. There is only Hirocoin and Darkcoin for it so far but more will come. The problem with variable N coins is that the performance will halve every time the N factor goes up by one point. Darkcoin has the inverse difficulty reward but Hirocoin has 400 coins a block static. FYI Hirocoin is a Litecoin fork with X11 replacing Scrypt, it is not DarkCoin derived. Hirocoin would probably be the place to start for a new fork.

I am surprised that there are not more X11 coins but I am personally trying to promote it and have spoken to a few coins devs about it. We now have a fancy logo for it Smiley

Hirocoin - New unique feature just added. We will be the new home for GPU miners when those Scrypt ASICs hit.
peterlustig

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:44:11 PM

Personally I'd like a coin to use Elliptic Curve cryptography, as endorsed by OpenSSH:
http://cr.yp.to/ecdh.html
https://pthree.org/2011/02/17/elliptic-curve-cryptography-in-openssh/

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
romang

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:28:09 PM

This is what happened to bitcoin in difficulty wise. Imagine when litecoin halves.

AltCoinSpeculation

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:49:48 AM

X11 is the best algo going for miners. There is only Hirocoin and Darkcoin for it so far but more will come. The problem with variable N coins is that the performance will halve every time the N factor goes up by one point. Darkcoin has the inverse difficulty reward but Hirocoin has 400 coins a block static. FYI Hirocoin is a Litecoin fork with X11 replacing Scrypt, it is not DarkCoin derived. Hirocoin would probably be the place to start for a new fork.

I am surprised that there are not more X11 coins but I am personally trying to promote it and have spoken to a few coins devs about it. We now have a fancy logo for it Smiley

Nice Logo !!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: