Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:59:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MetaMask for Ethereum Crosses 1,000,000 User Milestone  (Read 354 times)
fvb

Activity: 1470
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 08:04:02 PM

Of course this is a great extension and have been using it for a long time.  Faced with some problems and turned to support.  They quickly answered me and explained everything intelligibly.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Convery

Activity: 966
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 08:28:55 PM

MetaMask is must have application when you use Dapps, because you need to interact with smart-contracts and this is the most easiest way how to stay safe, not putting your private key away.
But for normal transactions I do not recommend it, personally I have bad experience with many reverted transactions due to low gas - it doesn´t calculate it correctly.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Denreal

Activity: 784
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 09:29:51 PM

MataMast is one of the widely used extensions in the history of Apps. Reaching such a milestone is an achievement, but I do not think the team is seeing that as being a big deal. If they truly are, then I think three would have been more to it. Also, a lot of users I believe are not active, but that notwithstanding, they are widely used among Etereum lovers.

The security sense of MetaMast is another uniqueness I see about it and there has never been any issue about it.
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 09:43:46 PM

MataMast is one of the widely used extensions in the history of Apps. Reaching such a milestone is an achievement, but I do not think the team is seeing that as being a big deal. If they truly are, then I think three would have been more to it. Also, a lot of users I believe are not active, but that notwithstanding, they are widely used among Etereum lovers.

The security sense of MetaMast is another uniqueness I see about it and there has never been any issue about it.

Talking about the "security sense" as you mentioned, the major reason why I've been using metamask over time is principally because of this. Connecting to decentralized exchanges without actually using your private keys or keystore directly gives metamask users an edge. However, there are fake metamask extensions and a newbie might not be able to differentiate the fakes from the real one. A friend of mine lost 2 ETH after installing and using a fake metamask app on playstore, it was a sad omen but a lesson. I encourage crypto enthusiasts to use metamask especially for some third party transactions which require access to personal wallets or signing in to DEX. Crossing 1M user milestone sounds interesting, but like you wrote, not all users are active.
StephenJH

Activity: 1442
Merit: 521

No more Rekt and Bust

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 09:47:55 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2020, 10:54:05 PM by StephenJH

The fake Metamask browser extensions should be banned from the web and Android play markets. This milestone is big congrats for both MyEtherwallet and Metamask team, by the way, the Mycrypto app is the part of the same team, IIRC.

Ethereum fans usually prefer to use the web version of Myetherwallet but the popularity of Metamask or similar storage apps increase day by day. The real use case numbers show the interest of both crypto users and investors.

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FortuneJack.
  ▄█▄        █           ▄
 ▄████▄▄ ▄▄▀▀██▄▄      ▄███
█▄███████▄▄██████▄▄▄█████
 █▄██████▌▀▄▄███▀▄▄▄▀▀██
  ▄▀████ █▄██▄██▄▄▄▄▀██
   ▀▀▄▀███▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀█████▀▄
     ████▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▄█
    ▐▌▄█████▀   ▄▄▄█▄▄  ███
     ▀█▄▀█▀▀▄  ████▀███▄▀
       ▐▌▄ ▄█▄█▀██▌ ▀▄
       █▄████▀▀    ▄▄▄█▄
        ▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BY
HACKSAW
G  A  M  I  N  G
          ▄▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▀▀██▄▄█▄▄
   ▄█▀████████▄▀▀██▄
▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄█████▐███▄
▀██▄▀█▀▀▀▀███▀▀▐▌
█▄██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██▄██▐▌
▐▀▀▄▀▀▀▀  ▀  ▀█▀████▀
 ▀█▀  ▐▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄▀██▄
 █  ▄██████████▄  ▄█▄
▐▌▀▀█████████████████
▐▌ ▐  ▀▌   ▀  ▀██▀▄█
 ▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▀▀
   ▀▀▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▀▀
|
....OVER $2,000,000!....
ALREADY GIVEN AWAY
IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS
....PLAY NOW....
TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
April 18, 2020, 01:39:06 AM

Ok, so it makes sense that hackers are now targeting MetaMask because it is one of the most popular crypto wallet and gateway apps. And recently there was a wave of attacks, posing as a legit apps in webstore and I think newbies are falling for the trap, Fake Electrum, MEW and Meta Mask.

@StephenJH - those fake extension has been deleted by Google, but I'm sure more are going to pop up so everyone be careful and report it right away if you cross path with those malicious apps.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
H1N1

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2020, 03:54:56 AM

Metamask is a good browser extension that we can use for ethereum wallet, no wonder many peoples using it.
I am currently using it as well, and there is no problem so far.
but still, we must very careful when using our wallet because scammers and hackers still trying to steal our coin.

FlagstaffRevel235

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2020, 08:45:42 PM

MetaMask is a Secure Web Extension. I think MetaMask users are increasing because of Strong Security. But its matter of  wonder how many of them are still active, that's the important fact really . Good article Thanks .
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2020, 12:32:14 AM

MetaMask is a Secure Web Extension. I think MetaMask users are increasing because of Strong Security. But its matter of  wonder how many of them are still active, that's the important fact really . Good article Thanks .

It should remain secured it's probably the best tool and the best platform of the Ethereum network, because of the number of users it secured Ethereum place in the market, I also wonder how many of them are active using Metamask, I only use it to trade on Dex.

iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
May 07, 2020, 04:41:04 AM

A reflection of the fact that people continue building new Dapps and that MetaMask offers a very easy way to interact with them. Forget ICO's, the way to make money with cryptocurrency is in Dapps. 2020 is proving to be a very good year for the Ethereum ecosystem.

zuziekatee

Activity: 139
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 07, 2020, 04:57:56 AM

It's a good milestone considering the fact that alot of people are scared of browser extension and also it's kind of technical. But I doubt if those users are active.

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2842
Merit: 575

View Profile
May 07, 2020, 10:56:52 AM

This is really an impressive number considering the level of competition in this space, but fact still remains that how many of this users are active users.  This is where really matters form a platform as big as this because using this platform is highly complicated for newbies.  I wish thedev team considers simplifying the platform for easy usage
It is already easy and even newbies can install it and learn how to used the apps.

I think the devs have simplified the platform already the problem is that newbies doesn't check everything before installing it and probably getting a fake apps on their machine. Yes, I would say that it is really impressive the way it grow in the last couple of years.

There will be competition no doubt and make or improving apps that will make us crypto enthusiast more comfortable, but still we need to be careful when downloading apps, just saying.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
tiang_tower

Activity: 826
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2020, 11:36:01 AM

It's a good milestone considering the fact that alot of people are scared of browser extension and also it's kind of technical. But I doubt if those users are active.
However, if the browser extension is of an official origin, there is nothing to be afraid of, because as long as I use metamask on my browser, there aren't any obstacles that I experience, so don't be afraid of the metamask browser extension.
Galley

Activity: 1274
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 07, 2020, 12:22:26 PM

Of course, no one will say how much a person actually uses the MetaMask extension directly, but the figure is still good. It’s very convenient for me to work with it on a PC. A fairly reliable and secure browser extension.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 07, 2020, 04:07:17 PM

It doesn't matter how many of the users are active, or it doesn't even matter if some of them are double, even I have three metamask accounts because on early days I opened one to get some token and I took that money and withdraw and cashed it out to bitcoin and didn't looked back, deleted metamask and just moved on.

After a while I realized cryptokitties could be a decent investment and started another account and did some cryptokitties thing, felt like it wasn't really worth it and stopped and deleted again. Now I have another one that is last and not really doing anything with it but keeping it. The deal here is that they reached 1 million users while others didn't, others could had non-active users or double triple account users but they couldn't reach 1 million while metamask did reached it.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
dserrano11

Activity: 376
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 07, 2020, 05:47:33 PM

It doesn't matter how many of the users are active, or it doesn't even matter if some of them are double, even I have three metamask accounts because on early days I opened one to get some token and I took that money and withdraw and cashed it out to bitcoin and didn't looked back, deleted metamask and just moved on.

After a while I realized cryptokitties could be a decent investment and started another account and did some cryptokitties thing, felt like it wasn't really worth it and stopped and deleted again. Now I have another one that is last and not really doing anything with it but keeping it. The deal here is that they reached 1 million users while others didn't, others could had non-active users or double triple account users but they couldn't reach 1 million while metamask did reached it.
I totally agree with you. I have dozens of metamask accounts but I can't even remember the password for the main account I'm using. So these numbers don't say anything, but the metamask is worth using, it's convenient and safe to store as well as receive and send money.
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2020, 05:54:51 PM

Amazing! I didn't knew so many people used Metamask. I thought something in the range of 10K-20K. But I guess with the rise in Defi Dapps on Ethereum, it could be that more and more people are using Metamask. Also it being basically the only web3 wallet for Ethereum on desktops, helps it grow in numbers.

joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
May 07, 2020, 06:14:26 PM

That's impressive! I have no doubt that this figure can double by the end of next year because metamask has really proven itself to be a great tool for crypto enthusiasts. The ease of use with which it allows you to interact with your wallets is incredible. Developers also find it cool to work with especially those into developing games.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
OneLifeKiller070

Activity: 79
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 10, 2020, 01:52:12 PM

MetaMask is an Ethereum-based web extension. In fact, this is a breakthrough for Metamask. It is user-friendly and easy to use. That's why many people are using Metamask.

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: