Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:51:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin, Litecoin,... What's next?  (Read 1596 times)
boba02 (OP)

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:52:19 PM

With so many shitcoins launched almost every day I'm trying to figure out where all this goes and which one of the alternative coins may have a chance to become more popular then the others.

Of course BitCoin is on the top and will be there for quite a while.
SHA256 algorithm was popular until two things happened.
First, scrypt-mined Litecoin became more popular.
And second, SHA256 ASICs were launched.

So now we have an alternative.
Exchange markets and online stores accept either SHA256 BitCoin or Scrypt LiteCoin.
Of course LiteCoin is less popular and there also is an alternative in scrypt world - DogeCoin.

As you can see, we have one Big Daddy among SHA256 coins and one among Scrypt coins.

And now we are at crossroads again.
Scrypt ASICs have been introduced to the market.
And soon all GPU miners will have to switch to n-scrypt currencies.
Which, by the way, have better energy efficiency.

Of course VertCoin comes to my mind first.
It had quite a launch, but then the price had dropped.
Maybe thanks to the clones like EXEcoin.

ExeCoin, on the other hand, seem to have some issues fixed and if its dev team keeps the momentum, it may become a big player.

Among the others is MicroCoin. With a promise to launch its own exchange market in February.
Nothing was launched yet and its shareholders are getting nervous.

Anyway, I truly believe that soon we'll see a big player among n-scrypt currencies.
Or maybe even two.

What it may be?
Let's have a discussion.

Beware of scam:
- Koinbi.com exchange. Fake exchange rates, withdrawals don't work, no way to contact support.
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:56:21 PM

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:21:20 PM

Imma tell you what will happen. When Litecoin goes up to a point that it will be expensive, then buyers will look at a cheaper coin with an infrastrcuture and there will be 3 Cryptos who will be next. DOGE/QUARK/VERT

O and before El Dude the wetfart of Bitcointalk starts his trash talking. ALL Cryptos ALL financial markets are about pumping and dumping including Bitcoin and Litecoin. Because thats where money can be made. When a Crypto gains popularity nobody will give a shit if it was a scam or not.
coretechs
Donator

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:27:47 PM

NXT decentralized services.

https://bitcoindoc.com - The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin | https://blocktap.io - Lightning powered crypto query engine
annable

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:28:29 PM

Its not clear to say which coin can be nxet right now.But we will find it after all.So just patient
minecrew

Activity: 224

MineCrew

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:59:36 PM

I think that Human-proof coin will be next.
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:07:11 PM

your title says it properly: next is NXT.
Just check the upcoming developments!
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:17:57 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 11:34:21 PM by stevegreer

I'm hinging my bets on Zeitcoin as a long-term investment. I've mined for a bit, but am now anxiously awaiting the upcoming POS so I can give my CPU a much needed break. Strong community support and an active development team are also great traits of this coin. Also, the premine was used specifically for rewards and bounties to community members who help to promote the coin. http://altcoinauthority.com/altcoin-giveaways/

zerxus

Activity: 123

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:42:43 AM

O and before El Dude the wetfart of Bitcointalk starts his trash talking. ALL Cryptos ALL financial markets are about pumping and dumping including Bitcoin and Litecoin. Because thats where money can be made. When a Crypto gains popularity nobody will give a shit if it was a scam or not.

Man, look around. You can cash out bitcoin and litecoin. You can use them to do shopping. At least these two are not used for pumping and dumping anymore.

I agree with TS, next real coin will be N-scrypt.
Which one? We'll see...
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 12:47:32 AM

I'm hinging my bets on Ultracoin which is scrypt jane. 7 second transaction times and huge development team in place. Created by a BTC-E mod and may get listed on there once the coin has found its feet! Its not a pump and dump and think it will creep up on people!
DieCommieScum

Activity: 128

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 02:14:38 AM

DarkSend (coinjoin), X11, DarkGravityWave... DarkCoin is the only alt with any valuable new features.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 02:23:34 AM

No source/credit link?
LTC is that big or it's an April Fools joke?

Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:37:18 PM

next wil be nxt, but for sure nxt will be not the last one

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 04:47:42 PM

Machine Coin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552633.0
bramvnl

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:50:58 PM

i think earthcoin, kittehcoin, fedoracoin or leafcoin
Mayuyu48

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:52:36 PM

DarkCoin (DRK) maybe
that coin have unique feature Grin

auroracoin was populer because country coin and airdrop

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 05:04:51 PM

The big problem with GPU-mined coins is the number of GPUs controlled by people susceptible to memes.

Even litecoin's hashing-power was exceeded by some stupid meme out of the blue.

Luckily for litecoin, that particular meme happened to say "lets be yet another scamcoin!" instead of "lets trash all the scrypt blockchains!" but the next meme might not be so gentle...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
yaboymarvo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:12:58 PM

The big problem with GPU-mined coins is the number of GPUs controlled by people susceptible to memes.

Even litecoin's hashing-power was exceeded by some stupid meme out of the blue.

Luckily for litecoin, that particular meme happened to say "lets be yet another scamcoin!" instead of "lets trash all the scrypt blockchains!" but the next meme might not be so gentle...

-MarkM-

You sound upset that dogecoin grew so much? mad much? Mad because that money isnt going into whatever coin you are holding?
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 05:22:48 PM

Far from it, in fact I made a profit from DOGE when it first came out by buying for a few satoshis and selling for a few hundred and never buying back in (as it has not yet gone down to few enough satoshis to be worth betting on a dead cat bounce or skyrocket).

DOGE did the GPU coin world a great favour by showing that a stupid meme can conjure up almost overnight way the HECK more hashing power than almost any GPU coin had, thus that both litecoin and DOGE are ridiculously vulnerable and all the other scrypt coins are insanely, fiduciary irresponsibility type vulnerable (so vulnerable it is irresponsible to use them for real world financial applications).

That is a great service, as previously people had imagined just a few tens of gigahashes to a couple of hundred gigahashes or so suffice to make an scrypt  blockchain reasonably secure.

Maybe an interesting experiment would be to place a huge wager on BitcoinBets or some such platform, or on many such platforms, that some particular GPU-mined coin would be double-spent by a certain date, then issue a memecoin with no proof of work mining but which can be mined via a pool that "mines other coins", and an exchange that offers a high price per memecoin, in targetted-victim-coin, for the meme-coins and use the pool, once it floods with lots of meme-susceptible miners, to do a doublespend on the target chain once fanbois of the target chain bet that the target coin will not be successfully doublespent...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
abit2slo

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:15:05 PM

imo there is no coin worthy to take the place near BTC and LTC. next coin should be very innovative, with new really useful features. Probably even not a BTC fork.
we can't create something that could be called "the best" just changing several constants or playing around PoW algo and it's already proved by time

next great coin should be "next generation of cryptocurrency".
personally i see only one good candidate to put on a par with BTC and LTC. it's BCN (that one)

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: