Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:46:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stakenet. Lightning Network Based DEX - Thoughts?  (Read 148 times)
Flux0z (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2020, 07:58:48 PM

Looked into Stakenet, and was impressed with their overall roadmap, and through some digging realized they are building their own DEX as well, but not any DEX (Atomic Swaps), but a Lightning based one.
This is pretty cool, since Lightning has seen SO much hate and critisism since the very beginning. There isn't really much of an incentive to run a Lightning node on the Bitcoin network, since it isn't profitable, but when utilizing it on a masternode network, already being paid in the first place to run (block rewards), you have a setup which quite frankly seems genius to me.

Their DEX is an integrated part of a multi currency wallet, currently in open beta testing. You can trade pretty near instantly, and it feels just like a centralized exchange, since you don't need to wait for blockchain confirmations.

Thoughts? This is just a small part of the overall Stakenet project, so it's crazy that this project isn't discussed more than it is.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Altseasonmike

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2020, 07:47:23 PM

Heard about that some months ago.
Is it really decentralized or just another meme dex?

GucciBoy

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 18, 2020, 07:51:36 PM

Heard about that some months ago.
Is it really decentralized or just another meme dex?

From my research, it's truly decentralized, since the DEX itself will run on masternodes (same as Blocknet basically), with the exception that the DEX will be supporting Lightning transactions.

Lightning has seen a LOT of hate, and for obvious reasons, there is basically no incentive to run a BTC lightning node, since the fee's involved doesn't benefit the owner that much, however when you run it through a layer of masternodes (already making profit from block rewards), it only ads up as an "extra" income on top of it. Pretty smart!
vladn00ne

Activity: 27
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 06:31:08 PM

Bitcoin tops $20,000, a breakthrough price milestone. I think there's a real need for Stakenets' Lightning Network DEX now.

As more people are starting to know that crypto is the future. We're on our way to the Adoption Train if more people will know about Stakenet.
This is the only project which has successfully made instant BTC + ETH transactions possible on their DEX and multicurrency wallet. Stakenet is a trustless setup, NO KYC, NO Accounts needed. Everything will run through 2700+ masternodes, which will profit from the users.

Come on Crypto fellas. It'd be enough to don't reduce the rockets and MOONS if we start to grow in the Stakenet ecosystem.. Seriously guys this is a genius idea and a very brilliant innovation.
matteo_invst1

Activity: 36
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 08:38:40 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2020, 08:55:38 PM by matteo_invst1

Looked into Stakenet, and was impressed with their overall roadmap, and through some digging realized they are building their own DEX as well, but not any DEX (Atomic Swaps), but a Lightning based one.
This is pretty cool, since Lightning has seen SO much hate and critisism since the very beginning. There isn't really much of an incentive to run a Lightning node on the Bitcoin network, since it isn't profitable, but when utilizing it on a masternode network, already being paid in the first place to run (block rewards), you have a setup which quite frankly seems genius to me.

Their DEX is an integrated part of a multi currency wallet, currently in open beta testing. You can trade pretty near instantly, and it feels just like a centralized exchange, since you don't need to wait for blockchain confirmations.

Thoughts? This is just a small part of the overall Stakenet project, so it's crazy that this project isn't discussed more than it is.

I think the future belongs to Decentralized exchanges. Where no one can ban your account or suspends withdrawal and ask you for KYC. Stakenet DEX is pretty interesting from this point of view.

Lightning Network is crucial for Bitcoin Scalability problem. For example, I made a transaction every day with my friend Jack for a week long. Doing that transaction every day for a small amount of BTC will make the Network busy and sometimes take up to one hour for confirmations.  By creating a Lightning channel between me and Jack I can transfer BTC how many times we want instantly without making the network busy.
And finally, after the final transaction between Jack and me, we should close the Lightning channel and record our final balance to the BTC network.

Stakenet is using the Lightning network in a DEX. Exciting idea.
vladn00ne

Activity: 27
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 23, 2020, 06:33:44 PM

Kraken is planning to Integrate Bitcoins Lightning Network in 2021 because what is life without a little pain.. But I'm not impressed when I heard of this Kraken news.

One of the reasons to use lightning was to avoid those fees. Kraken has $10 fees on Lightning network withdrawals LOL
While here we are. Stakenet launched its own DEX with instant BTC transactions. Tx can send instantly with a very very low fees  Cool Cool Cool
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: