Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:19:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Concern about Ethereum performance  (Read 132 times)
lycipher (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2020, 08:36:12 PM

I ma going to launch a smart contract that will produce massive amount of calls to it. And calls are going to be pretty much costly (due to memory allocation).
One call is worth 150.000 gas now, I am trying to optimize.
I plan to have more than 500.000 calls to it a day.
I am concerned that Ethereum blockchain is not capable to do it.
Are there other blockchains that can handle such huge amount of pretty costly calls?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ife2020

Activity: 579
Merit: 13

Are you kind to your neighbor? Think it through

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2020, 08:57:19 PM

When you worry this much, i think it shows you have little gas fee to spend
yes the transaction gas has been high since money, i think the etherum is busy and it is stil not a huge amount.

The highest gwei can't be more than 0.6$ which is cheap
lycipher (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 18, 2020, 09:37:33 PM

yes the transaction gas has been high since money, i think the etherum is busy and it is stil not a huge amount.

I am ready to pay up to 12 Gwei with max 300.000 Gas per tx.
I know it is more than enough.
I am worrying that network by itself will get congested and we will not get anywhere with Ethereum.

I am looking also to use Tron as backend. Do you think it worth it?
pezdspense

Activity: 20
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 18, 2020, 09:40:05 PM

TS meant network capability. Your post is irrelevant.
lycipher (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 18, 2020, 11:32:02 PM

TS meant network capability. Your post is irrelevant.

In case of 500.000 transactions a day everything is relevat
memed97

Activity: 1148
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 19, 2020, 05:58:56 AM

Yes, but what we have seen so far regarding the issue of gas transactions has not been much discussed, meaning that until now the transaction gas is still very normal and there are no obstacles whatsoever, except for those who don't have any gas in their wallets.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
February 19, 2020, 05:30:42 PM

The problem with these is the fact that you can never know whats going to happen with ethereum at all, I mean I remember when cryptokitties when first started and there was so much attention to it that people made insane amounts of profit from it, however when you look it at now, there is no way we can say it can do the same thing once again.

So, when you do something like this, there could be a lot of stuff going on because there is a new dapp or basically just a reason to do it, but at the same time there could be nothing at all and you may end up losing money, we will never know which one will happen. You basically just gamble this money away and you end up just assuming whats going to happen and roll a dice, maybe you will profit, maybe you won't.
lycipher (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 19, 2020, 06:38:47 PM

The problem with these is the fact that you can never know whats going to happen with ethereum at all, I mean I remember when cryptokitties when first started and there was so much attention to it that people made insane amounts of profit from it, however when you look it at now, there is no way we can say it can do the same thing once again.

So, when you do something like this, there could be a lot of stuff going on because there is a new dapp or basically just a reason to do it, but at the same time there could be nothing at all and you may end up losing money, we will never know which one will happen. You basically just gamble this money away and you end up just assuming whats going to happen and roll a dice, maybe you will profit, maybe you won't.

Yes, I was researching the CryptoKitties case. It drastically increased amount of transactions on the network that time. It was almost 5000 txs an hour, with average 300 txs an hour.
But now Ethereum has almost 3600 txs an hour at average, so CryptoKitties won't congest the network if it would launch now.

But I still have the same concerns.
ansi

Activity: 882
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 19, 2020, 09:52:15 PM

I remember those bad days, almost lost hope in Etherum back at the time & hated it so much no matter how high my GAS was, i had to rewrite every transaction i made once & twice or even more just to make it goes through that Cyrpto Cat shit.
Etherum is still one of the best blockchains for sure & still scalable more than most blockchains out there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: