Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:36:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: S17 Pro Firmware Booster  (Read 292 times)
agilmore (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 19, 2020, 01:06:16 PM

Hi,

Is there  any available firmware to push a S17 beyond the standard Normal or Turbo Hashing rate of 50-63TH?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vincl

Activity: 386
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 19, 2020, 04:37:31 PM

hiveon
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2020, 05:55:25 PM

Have you tried to check this thread below?

- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5208500.0

This is the only firmware that I think safe than downloading it to unknown sources.

hiveon

Are you talking about HiveOS or Hiveon pool?

It seems that you are talking about the firmware from hiveOS.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
PassThePopcorn

Activity: 465
Merit: 309

View Profile
February 19, 2020, 05:57:34 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2020, 12:38:18 AM by frodocooper

I mean that link is just a rebrand of vnish. Might as well just download it from the original.

http://vnish.net
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
February 19, 2020, 08:12:30 PM

There are probably a dozen out there, the only two that I would trust would be taserz aka Asic.to's firmware and awesomeminer firmware.

Could there be any better than those two? well maybe, but the amount of fake and scam firmware we see every day stop me from vouching for any firmware which I have not tried/trust the developers behind it.

Having said that, you should always be careful when attempting to overclock/boost your miner, you could easily toast it, stick to "auto-tuning" and/or refer to other user's outputs and what voltage and frequency they suggest.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
PassThePopcorn

View Profile
February 19, 2020, 08:28:42 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2020, 12:39:11 AM by frodocooper
Merited by frodocooper (3), mikeywith (1)

Last I checked awesomeminer is also a vnish re-brand. At least the S9 version they advertised was.

There aren't that many firmware's out there, at least from looking through a lot of the bigger ones, they are all just a copy or a re-brand. And of course the crappy ones that don't actually do anything posted by newbies/scammers.

**Re-brand - when I say re-brand I mean the developer allows other companies / people to distribute the software as their own including putting another logo in it's place.

My bigger reason to not go with a rebrand is support, the people distributing the software are just distributors. They did not code it and they do not know how it fully operates (they might know how it works), but if you read the docs / knowledge bases you can know just as much as them and more than likely if you ask a question that they don't know the answer to they will just middle-man it to the developer.
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
February 19, 2020, 09:47:32 PM

Last I checked awesomeminer is also a vnish re-brand. At least the S9 version they advertised was.

You are right about this one, in fact, Patric from awesome miner himself confirmed that

Of the 2% mining fee we are actually getting half of it. So we do benefit from customers that go for the Awesome Miner firmware. This is also the reason why we can provide product support for it and also integrate it well with Awesome Miner. Users of other Vnish firmware do get most of the features as well, so your point is valid that we do give away features to a larger user base. Some features like setting Mining Profiles via Awesome Miner is exclusive to our brand of the firmware. We could make more feature exclusive, but we are also trying to be nice to our customers and respect what decisions they make.

The dev fees on Vnish website are as follows

Dev fee 1.6-1.9% only for S9/T9,  2.6- 2.9% for S17/T17

awesomeminer's fees for S9 is 2% or 3% (without consuming awesomeminer license), for S17/T17 the fee is 3%, so that's anywhere from 0.1% to 0.4% more for awesomeminer, if you use awesomeminer to monitor say, 100 miners, then you have to pay 700$ for the software, so one should do the math and see if the difference in fees is worth the license and the features that awesomeminer provide which Vnish doesn't. If it makes no economic sense, one might want to stick to Vnish, I personally use awesomeminer and I count on it big time to manage my gears, so I wouldn't mind paying a little extra, but that is just me, everyone should run the numbers.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
PassThePopcorn

View Profile
February 19, 2020, 10:05:36 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2020, 12:41:27 AM by frodocooper
Merited by frodocooper (3)

It can actually be more than that, it's all negotiation and quantity of miners running the firmware. If you have thousands you get a lower fee, in awesomeminers case the dev fee is 1% and awesomeminer adds 1% for themselves. The 17 series can be different but in awesomeminers case they take a portion so they can develop a management system that works better with that firmware.

Now I have no idea if these features are worth it, they might be worth it to some. I've tried awesomeminer and I actually like it, however at scale it just doesn't make sense. It's a very nice ui and 90+% of the features can be replicated if it's worth your time. In my case it was since the work arounds to get awesomeminer to work the way I wanted it to just weren't there.
taserz

Activity: 800
Merit: 293

Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA

View Profile
February 21, 2020, 04:31:54 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2020, 11:01:26 AM by frodocooper

I mean that link is just a rebrand of vnish. Might as well just download it from the original.

http://vnish.net

You realize that's not vnish website right? Vnish doesn't have a website. Alexander from vnish.net is not him lol. No is vnish.ru. you can reach vnish on telegram @vnish and he can confirm this. He owns vnish.com but doesn't run a website. He rather just have distributors take care of it for him and just work on the firmware. If you like I can list a bunch of partners for you or I can tell you 99% of S17/T17 firmare you see is his. That being said I know of a North American firmware being built and I will make a thread for that when it is out too!

Also for what it's worth asic.to has the lowest fee you will find some other firmware builds will have the 2.8% as well. It's not made to make a ton of money and if your asking what do I get as a distributor very very little. I am just using it as a platform for big clients to test the software and see if they like it. Those interested I help them negotiate the best rate I can get them depending on the size of their mine. There are 2 main distributors myself for the english markets and another gentleman for Russian markets.

There aren't that many firmware's out there, at least from looking through a lot of the bigger ones, they are all just a copy or a re-brand. And of course the crappy ones that don't actually do anything posted by newbies/scammers.

**Re-brand - when I say re-brand I mean the developer allows other companies / people to distribute the software as their own including putting another logo in it's place.

My bigger reason to not go with a rebrand is support, the people distributing the software are just distributors. They did not code it and they do not know how it fully operates (they might know how it works), but if you read the docs / knowledge bases you can know just as much as them and more than likely if you ask a question that they don't know the answer to they will just middle-man it to the developer.

Yes there are a few companies that run our firmware and add an extra fee on it to pay for their services along with distributors to distribute in markets outside of ours. Vnish markets to Russian, Ukraine, Kazhstan, Georgia. I market to English markets. Also some people are more than just distributors that might no a big more than what's in the docs/ knowledge bases (that doesn't exists) except for the semi-decent manual for the S9.

The dev fees on Vnish website are as follows

Dev fee 1.6-1.9% only for S9/T9,  2.6- 2.9% for S17/T17

awesomeminer's fees for S9 is 2% or 3% (without consuming awesomeminer license), for S17/T17 the fee is 3%, so that's anywhere from 0.1% to 0.4% more for awesomeminer, if you use awesomeminer to monitor say, 100 miners, then you have to pay 700$ for the software, so one should do the math and see if the difference in fees is worth the license and the features that awesomeminer provide which Vnish doesn't. If it makes no economic sense, one might want to stick to Vnish, I personally use awesomeminer and I count on it big time to manage my gears, so I wouldn't mind paying a little extra, but that is just me, everyone should run the numbers.

All distributors for services can charge whatever they like. The base fee is 2.8% which is why you will get from the firmware on asic.to. I can not speak on what sort of deals or commission they get on their firmware builds but the total fee is a minimum of what asic.to is.

It can actually be more than that, it's all negotiation and quantity of miners running the firmware. If you have thousands you get a lower fee, in awesomeminers case the dev fee is 1% and awesomeminer adds 1% for themselves. The 17 series can be different but in awesomeminers case they take a portion so they can develop a management system that works better with that firmware.

Now I have no idea if these features are worth it, they might be worth it to some. I've tried awesomeminer and I actually like it, however at scale it just doesn't make sense. It's a very nice ui and 90+% of the features can be replicated if it's worth your time. In my case it was since the work arounds to get awesomeminer to work the way I wanted it to just weren't there.

That is not how that works. They do not have a 2% fee on their firmware if their fee is a total fee of 3%. As far as making it work any better any mine management software that works with bmminer will work with the firmware. So the arguement that they are developing it for the firmware is a moot point granted they are adding some profile adjustments from their management I heard in their thread.

I mean what awesomeminer does is it just calls the built in api. If you know how to script you can do something similar but if you got the money or are running the firmware anyways and don't mind the increased fee it;s worth it. They make a really nice product and I encourage people to try it. I was a customer of their loooong ago and they product is great!

Autotune Firmware for S19 and S19j! Overclock, Underclock, AutoTuning. Asic.to The MOON Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency 30w/TH up to 85th/s!!Mining bitcoin since 2011 • Best nerd decision of my life
PassThePopcorn

View Profile
February 21, 2020, 02:38:21 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2020, 02:38:16 AM by frodocooper
Merited by frodocooper (2)

I agree with awesomeminer and many of your points.

To the point of vnish and Alex, I've gotten different info out of both of them. Alex seemed upset when I brought up @vnish posting a beta firmware and when I asked them both the same question Alex answered immediately and provided some clear terms on how to move forward. Vnish said he needed some time to give an answer and a few days later gave a similar one. (This was code related).

To me idc who the software is from if it works and the support is there, to me if I have the option to ask a distributor a question and they are just middle-maning and I have to wait a day or two to get an answer or I can contact someone who knows the answer and get it right then I'd prefer whoever answered me quick and correct.
taserz

Activity: 800
Merit: 293

Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA

View Profile
February 21, 2020, 07:01:54 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2020, 02:39:41 AM by frodocooper

I mean depending on the question it can be easy or an assumption made. I know Vnish is the dev I've been in touch with them for some years. It's actually a group of devs but only Vnish is the active one in any mining groups. If Alex stated they were the developer I have officially lost faith haha.  Alex was probably upset because if you use the firmware file @vnish posts that looks identical to Alex's he doesn't get his commission on it and I'm not sure what it was. He would end up providing support and can't tell if it's his build or vnish I mean he set himself up for that by trying to register a domain as if he was vnish so I mean that makes sense why he would be upset. I don't really care which copy people use I have the total fee on asic.to as low as it will be made and I just use it for letting big clients and farms demo it and if they like it work with them to customize it and get them a better rate. I only know of 1 distributor that does that and he is out of Russia and targets those markets while I lead North America and English markets. Everyone else offers it as a service or with a product. Figure the really big mines have their own management stuff anyways.

But to answer your questions most simple questions I or Alex or anyone can answer or our telegram groups got people that tinker with it a lot that can answer. Asking Vnish its not uncommon to not hear back for a few days dude is busy and everyone blows up his messages which is why he has distributors haha. if you got any questions on the firmware shoot me a pm same for feature requests but I think right now it's fixing bugs and then spitting out the + firmware.

Autotune Firmware for S19 and S19j! Overclock, Underclock, AutoTuning. Asic.to The MOON Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency 30w/TH up to 85th/s!!Mining bitcoin since 2011 • Best nerd decision of my life
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: