Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:00:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Today's youth.  (Read 4508 times)
ALPHA. (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 07:14:13 AM

So, it's 1 in the morning and I go on Facebook to play with the high and drunken boys and girls pissing their nights away. One girl admits she is higher than cloud 9 and then tells me she is off to drive to get some food after hap-hazardously and drunkenly sharing blackmail-worthy conversation.

I am starting to wonder if it ethical for me to hear this happen and let it pass with little intervention. I'm more concerned for other lives than the choices this girl is making.

Unremorsefully, I hate this kind of youth. I'm glad I skipped over this phase.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 07:48:11 AM

So, it's 1 in the morning and I go on Facebook to play with the high and drunken boys and girls pissing their nights away. One girl admits she is higher than cloud 9 and then tells me she is off to drive to get some food after hap-hazardously and drunkenly sharing blackmail-worthy conversation.

I am starting to wonder if it ethical for me to hear this happen and let it pass with little intervention. I'm more concerned for other lives than the choices this girl is making.

Isn't it non-libertarian to try and stop people from doing things they want to do?

ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 07:49:12 AM

Isn't it non-libertarian to try and stop people from doing things they want to do?
It is. A impaired driver killing or harming you is doing just that.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 08:21:21 AM

It is. A impaired driver killing or harming you is doing just that.

Derp derp fallacy detected. No one got hurt by her though.  Roll Eyes

Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 11:06:37 AM

If you are thinking of intervening with people's business no matter if it's against the law, i will personally come and impair you where you stand.

There's police for this sort of job, if she comits a crime, and the police catch her, then it's her fault. If she doesn't get stopped by the police then untill the day comes she will drink and drive.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 12:37:06 PM

If you are thinking of intervening with people's business no matter if it's against the law, i will personally come and impair you where you stand.

There's police for this sort of job, if she comits a crime, and the police catch her, then it's her fault. If she doesn't get stopped by the police then untill the day comes she will drink and drive.

If my personal morality includes interfering in other peoples lives then I reserve the right to do so - and then you have the right to come and impair me where I stand and then I have the right to defend myself (etc). Even if I don't happen to have the right I may very well do what the hell I like anyway.
The law doesn't define morality (and definitely doesn;t define mine) - if my friend is killing themselves doing drugs I would tell them my opinion. I'm free to do so and he's free to ignore me.
I reserve the right to do whatever I like - including interfering in other people's live.
Jalum

Activity: 774

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 04:12:18 PM

While your peers are having fun, you're on the internet at 1am specifically to look for something to make you feel better about yourself.  You don't think anyone is actually in danger, nor do you care.  You just want to make a post here so we can pat you on your head and tell you how good of a person you are.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
Snapman

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2011, 05:17:21 PM

I can sum all of this up in one quick quote

"kids these days know dick"

BTCRadio: 17cafKShokyQCbaNuzaDo5HLoSnffMNPAs
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 05:45:47 PM

I can sum all of this up in one quick quote

"kids these days know dick"

Well, they may look like it, but I'm sure not ALL of them are gay.

Or are they?  Huh
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 06:11:01 PM

While your peers are having fun, you're on the internet at 1am specifically to look for something to make you feel better about yourself.  You don't think anyone is actually in danger, nor do you care.  You just want to make a post here so we can pat you on your head and tell you how good of a person you are.
Yes, Jalum, you have me all figured out. Bravo. So let's assume you're right: My self-esteem is dependent upon a humble Bitcoin forum. Now what? Does that make you feel better about yourself? Heh.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 06:13:09 PM

Anyways, if you think driving impaired is fine until there is an accident, I guess you're entitled to that moral preference. I won't stand under it though.
teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 06:17:12 PM

Anyways, if you think driving impaired is fine until there is an accident, I guess you're entitled to that moral preference. I won't stand under it though.

Another troll thread..

ffs man, go outside and get some air, and chase those "girls"

jesus, you need get off your high horse and find a different hobby other than making useless gripes on a bitcoin forum

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 06:23:44 PM

Another troll thread..

jesus, you need get off your high horse and find a different hobby other than making useless gripes on a bitcoin forum

Nonsense! Griping is healthy! ..and I don't like your name! It sounds like you're an ESL teacher. Your picture of bruce campbell is stupid too! Fuck you! I AM ORIGINAL AND ALMIGHTY! I AM UNREMORSEFUL!

teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 06:39:59 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2011, 07:33:36 PM by teflone

Another troll thread..

Nonsense! Griping is healthy! ..and I don't like your name! It sounds like you're an ESL teacher. Your picture of bruce campbell is stupid too! Fuck you! I AM ORIGINAL AND ALMIGHTY! I AM UNREMORSEFUL!

Cheesy

ESL teacher.. now thats funny Smiley

Edit -

I am unremorsefully unoriginal in my profile pic! Smiley

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 06:43:41 PM

If my personal morality
Your personal morality is of no interest to me.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
JeffK

Activity: 350

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 09:23:33 PM

Yes, good on you for constantly displaying far greater judgement than any of your less mature but similar-aged peers

rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 09:36:41 PM

So you support the laws that criminalize operating a motor vehicle in a state that makes an individual more likely to have an accident, even though she didn't "aggress" against anyone and no crash would be a purposeful act.

But at the same time, you relentlessly attack the laws that prevent companies from purposefully putting the lives of their workers and customers at risk.

I guess you're only for individual liberties if the individual in question happens to be a Captain of Industry.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Jalum

Activity: 774

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 09:37:14 PM

Isn't that exactly what you did though?  You had knowledge that someone was driving impaired, and instead of doing something about it, you made a vanity post to wax nostalgic about "Today's youth".

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
elggawf

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 10:38:35 PM

You're 17, you haven't "skipped over this phase". Acting like you're better than everyone else over it, like some straight-edge doucher, is an almost certain indicator you'll indulge in some thing or another at some point in your life.

^_^
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 11:50:20 PM

...is an almost certain indicator you'll indulge in some thing or another at some point in your life.

How so? Heh.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: