Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:02:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Today's youth.  (Read 4509 times)
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 01:34:28 AM

Because everyone did. The ones who insisted on how they didn't and never would were the ones to indulge later and harder and more self-destructive than the ones who got it out of their system at an early age. This has happened a thousand times before and you are not an exception regardless of how much you believe it to be true.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 01:55:00 AM

Because everyone did. The ones who insisted on how they didn't and never would were the ones to indulge later and harder and more self-destructive than the ones who got it out of their system at an early age. This has happened a thousand times before and you are not an exception regardless of how much you believe it to be true.

This...

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
ALPHA. (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 03:30:10 AM

I'll be open: I've sampled weed, LSD, alchohol, cigarettes the works yet never has it consumed me. I never become dependent on substances or anything for that matter. The only "destructive behavior" I have experienced thus far are the suicidal thoughts and depression I live with daily and that has only built me. I don't think I am going down this purported path any time soon.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 03:32:04 AM

17 year olds 1,000 years back were dumb shits. 17 year olds 100 years ago were dumb shits.

17 year olds these days know more than a typical schoolteacher did a few decades back.
Some of them are brighter than most current adults will ever be, thanks to their open attitudes, unlimited access to internet resources etc.

What does it say about the world humans achieved pretty much nothing for millions of years, but went to the moon, and already sending probes to distant planets in such a short timeframe after the 60-70's?

Today's youth? (Let's say 17-30) No contest between the youth 'back in the day'...
Todays youth is actually worth something.
They are starting revolutions all around the world against unjust dictators, finding new cures for diseases, inventing unimaginable technologies, cryptocurrencies, social responsibility programs, resisting Wall Street's authority as God on all worldy issues, while old people try to resist in shock & vain.

So if you're young.. Don't ever be put down by those old farts. Chances are your perception of reality is already at a much higher level than they will ever achieve.
You are already living a life unimaginable ever before in history for someone so young.

Put it to good use, savour the fact you are finally separated from a wild animal only scavenging food to live another day.
Fight your depression and make your reality a better place one piece at a time.

If there ever was a generation of living species deserving eternal life it's yours. And be careful because you might just get what you wish for some day..

Wisdom.
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 04:01:23 AM

17 year olds 1,000 years back were dumb shits. 17 year olds 100 years ago were dumb shits.

17 year olds these days know more than a typical schoolteacher did a few decades back.
Some of them are brighter than most current adults will ever be, thanks to their open attitudes, unlimited access to internet resources etc.

What does it say about the world humans achieved pretty much nothing for millions of years, but went to the moon, and already sending probes to distant planets in such a short timeframe after the 60-70's?

Today's youth? (Let's say 17-30) No contest between the youth 'back in the day'...
They are starting revolutions all around the world against unjust dictators, finding new cures for diseases, inventing unimaginable technologies, cryptocurrencies, social responsibility programs, resisting Wall Street's authority as God on all worldy issues, discovering unknown planets, while old people try to resist in shock & vain.

So if you're young.. Don't ever be put down by those old farts. Chances are your perception of reality is already at a much higher level than they will ever achieve.
You are already living a life unimaginable ever before in history for someone so young.

Put it to good use, savour the fact you are finally separated from a wild animal only scavenging food to live another day.

If there ever was a generation of living species deserving eternal life it's yours. And be careful because you might just get what you wish for some day..

17 year olds in the 40's dreamed of going to the moon and did. 17 year olds today can't wait to login to facebook. atlas if i handed you a slide rule could you use it?

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 04:05:49 AM

They are starting revolutions all around the world against unjust dictators, finding new cures for diseases, inventing unimaginable technologies, cryptocurrencies, social responsibility programs, resisting Wall Street's authority as God on all worldy issues, discovering unknown planets, while old people try to resist in shock & vain.

17 year olds in the 40's dreamed of going to the moon and did. 17 year olds today can't wait to login to facebook. atlas if i handed you a slide rule could you use it?

After reading the wikipedia page on it, now I can.
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2011, 04:49:34 AM

Other topics that might be of interest to bitcoiners.

(some sort of "Cool Story Bro" reply)

Edit: A quick survey of your history show that 95% of you post are One-liners. / NOT THAT I HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST THAT !
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2011, 05:25:34 AM

Not only can I use a slide rule, I also knit and crochet. A couple weeks ago I asked a couple seniors in high school what's the third planet from the sun. There answer: We haven't covered that yet. WTF!!!
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2011, 06:21:13 AM

Yeah, I remember feeling stuck as the mature one among a sea of stupid, stuck-up, vapid, and immature 17 year olds, too. Was a pretty shitty experience. But, oh well. A lot of them are much worse off that I am now. Them being stupid and immature as teenagers just turns into them being stupid and immature as employees and family members when they grow up. Same drama, fighting, and totally idiotic life choices, just different settings. I end up having a nice, polite, and loving relationship in my family, where we are considered the "well off" ones, then end up fighting all the time about stupid shit, and declaring bankruptsy, or just never having enough money for anything. People don't change much when they grow up, either. Immature at 17 is still immature at 40. The only thing that changes is people either forget how, or are too tired, to have fun when they grow up.

And no, greyhawk, I didn't endulge then, and I'm still not endulging now. Others I know endulged then, and are still endulging now 15 years later.

Btw, I should add that, in my case, I resented the immature idiots in private. Mostly.

Also:
JeffK

Activity: 350

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 06:22:21 AM

I'll be open: I've sampled weed, LSD, alchohol, cigarettes the works yet never has it consumed me. I never become dependent on substances or anything for that matter. The only "destructive behavior" I have experienced thus far are the suicidal thoughts and depression I live with daily and that has only built me. I don't think I am going down this purported path any time soon.

You can only get addicted to cigarettes and alcohol really

..and if you are still an objectivist you haven't taken enough LSD. Or maybe you took  too much. Either way, not the right amount
elggawf

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 07:37:08 AM

So if you're young.. Don't ever be put down by those old farts.

Psst. As far as I know, no one except ALPHA (a 17 year old) was putting down youth. I was merely pointing out that 17 is too young to say "I'm so glad I skipped that phase," and that usually people on their high horse about avoiding substances end up indulging later on, and the end result is often worse. It's not a hard-and-fast rule, just a moderately reliable predictor.

Oh and by the way, the only valid criticism he had was the DUI thing, but that's not something that's exclusive to youth at all.

^_^
TheBible

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 03:04:38 PM

You were, and still are, totally dependent on your parents for food, shelter, and affection.  No man is an island.

On topic, I remember kids like that in school too.

I totally skipped that phase too, only stupid jocks hang out with all the girls and have sex every night.  I have more important things to do and think about.  Oh god why won't they touch me?  Cry
dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 03:53:13 PM

If you are thinking of intervening with people's business no matter if it's against the law, i will personally come and impair you where you stand.

There's police for this sort of job, if she comits a crime, and the police catch her, then it's her fault. If she doesn't get stopped by the police then untill the day comes she will drink and drive.

If my personal morality
Your personal morality is of no interest to me.

"Your personal morality is of no interest to me." - Oscar Wilde, or was it random bloke on the internet?
elggawf

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 05:38:01 PM

So you support the laws that criminalize operating a motor vehicle in a state that makes an individual more likely to have an accident, even though she didn't "aggress" against anyone and no crash would be a purposeful act.

But at the same time, you relentlessly attack the laws that prevent companies from purposefully putting the lives of their workers and customers at risk.

Oh god, how did I miss this?

... and more importantly, duly noted that ALPHA dodged it.

I guess you're only for individual liberties if it makes you feel superior.

FTFY. It boils down to the typical libertard bullshit: "the government should let me do what I please, because I'm a responsible guy who would never do any evil."

^_^
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2011, 03:33:10 AM

Libertards fully support being able to sue companies that put the lives of their employees and customers at risk. They just don't support there being arbitrary laws that may or may not allow that risk to exist in the first place. Considering that those same companies now use those same laws to get away with their bullshit, basically using them as guidelines for how far they can go, and when they fuck up and kill a lot of people, point to the laws and say that they were still within the regulatory limits, thus are prevented from being sued, since everything they did was legal (never mind that they fucked up and hurt people), I'm starting to agree with the libertards more and more.
BP is excellent example. Not only were they within EPA's approval, the "fine" of $15 billion or so they eventually paid out is WAY LESS than the ammount of damage they actually did, but thanks to the agreement with the government to pay that fine, they are now exempt from lawsuits by citizens needing to get their ruined oily shit fixed. So, thanks to government regulation and oversight, probably most of the environmental damage done by BP won't get cleaned up now. Especially not by BP.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 05:21:15 AM

You aren't planning to go down that purported path any time soon. (side note: what happened to simple english or whatever the hell you were going to speak? Your post has 66 words to say 'I can't imagine abusing drugs'.) Unfortunately, life doesn't always work out that way. 19 months ago I got creamed by a black-out drunk 19-year-old driving his mom's FJ Cruiser without insurance, doing about 95mph into my back end on the freeway while I was doing 65mph. It is nothing short of miraculous that my girlfriend and I walked out of the car, but both of us were physically trashed. I am still taking painkillers on top of cortisone injections into my spine, and at 27 am a candidate for spinal fusion, if only I had some insurance. I am addicted to opiates because of it. I dream of the day when I don't depend on them to function from the moment I wake up. I have also halved my use of them with medical cannabis, usually eaten. So am I some low-life junky?

Fuck your self important garbage. What happened to me is jack shit, and it has upset my life beyond what I could ever imagine. Every morning I wake up and make a decision between crippling pain or living in a haze and there are plenty of times since this happened that I have just wanted to curl up in a ball and die. I never thought I'd be here either.

tl;dr - you are incredibly ignorant, atlas. also, if you think LSD, weed, liquor and cigarettes are the works, you've got a lot of exploration left. THiKAL and PiHKAL...there's like, 400 tryptamines and phenethylamines to burn through.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 05:39:55 AM

You aren't planning to go down that purported path any time soon. (side note: what happened to simple english or whatever the hell you were going to speak? Your post has 66 words to say 'I can't imagine abusing drugs'.) Unfortunately, life doesn't always work out that way. 19 months ago I got creamed by a black-out drunk 19-year-old driving his mom's FJ Cruiser without insurance, doing about 95mph into my back end on the freeway while I was doing 65mph. It is nothing short of miraculous that my girlfriend and I walked out of the car, but both of us were physically trashed. I am still taking painkillers on top of cortisone injections into my spine, and at 27 am a candidate for spinal fusion, if only I had some insurance. I am addicted to opiates because of it. I dream of the day when I don't depend on them to function from the moment I wake up. I have also halved my use of them with medical cannabis, usually eaten. So am I some low-life junky?

Fuck your self important garbage. What happened to me is jack shit, and it has upset my life beyond what I could ever imagine. Every morning I wake up and make a decision between crippling pain or living in a haze and there are plenty of times since this happened that I have just wanted to curl up in a ball and die. I never thought I'd be here either.

tl;dr - you are incredibly ignorant, atlas. also, if you think LSD, weed, liquor and cigarettes are the works, you've got a lot of exploration left. THiKAL and PiHKAL...there's like, 400 tryptamines and phenethylamines to burn through.

Heh. I don't think I've ever belittled you, Randy. I have never referred to you as a junkie. If anything, you're irrationally taking my smugness as an insult to your character. Don't let me affect your happiness. I am not that important. Haha. Anyways, I wish you all the best.

Yes, I am proudly ignorant. It would be boring to have nothing left to learn.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 05:42:07 AM

Heh. I don't think I've ever belittled you, Randy. I have never referred to you as a junkie. If anything, you're irrationally taking my smugness as an insult to your character. Don't let me affect your happiness. I am not that important. Haha. Anyways, I wish you all the best.

I am not saying that you belittled me or that I am insulted by you. I could give a flying fuck what you think. I am saying you are incredibly naive and I am trying to point out the fallacy in your logic using my own experience as an example.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 05:47:44 AM

I am not saying that you belittled me or that I am insulted by you. I could give a flying fuck what you think. I am saying you are incredibly naive and I am trying to point out the fallacy in your logic using my own experience as an example.

Heh. You're trying to apply your perception to mine? Interesting.
rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 08:10:36 AM

Libertards fully support being able to sue companies that put the lives of their employees and customers at risk. They just don't support there being arbitrary laws that may or may not allow that risk to exist in the first place. Considering that those same companies now use those same laws to get away with their bullshit, basically using them as guidelines for how far they can go, and when they fuck up and kill a lot of people, point to the laws and say that they were still within the regulatory limits, thus are prevented from being sued, since everything they did was legal (never mind that they fucked up and hurt people), I'm starting to agree with the libertards more and more.
BP is excellent example. Not only were they within EPA's approval, the "fine" of $15 billion or so they eventually paid out is WAY LESS than the ammount of damage they actually did, but thanks to the agreement with the government to pay that fine, they are now exempt from lawsuits by citizens needing to get their ruined oily shit fixed. So, thanks to government regulation and oversight, probably most of the environmental damage done by BP won't get cleaned up now. Especially not by BP.

Companies sometimes get away with breaking laws or bending regulations in their favor. Solution: no laws or regulations! Civil suits for all! Because unlike legislators, America's courtrooms are incorruptible and never favor the rich and powerful!

Anyway, Atlas, are you going to answer my question or continue to ignore it in favor of pretending your beliefs aren't wildly inconsistent?

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██