Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:24:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people still smoke cigarettes?  (Read 706 times)
Kuffy (OP)

Activity: 127
Merit: 31

The real Jet Cash.

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2020, 12:10:25 PM

We know it messes up your lungs,and reduces libido. It also costs a fair bit of money. It messes up your skin texture as well, and you can see those middle aged women with prune lips and pasty faces. Now it appears that smoking helps the Corona Virus to bond to cells, and this makes it much harder for the immune system to fight the virus.

I just can't understand what the appeal is given all the damaging consequences.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 12:49:10 PM

We know it messes up your lungs,and reduces libido. It also costs a fair bit of money. It messes up your skin texture as well, and you can see those middle aged women with prune lips and pasty faces. Now it appears that smoking helps the Corona Virus to bond to cells, and this makes it much harder for the immune system to fight the virus.

because of socialization ?or being addicted thru the help of other friends or family that smoking?

i am a quitter and proud to be one,i did smoke for many years but end up now?i am not even taking a single stick.

in later?they will surely find the damage before realizing whats wrong.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
sayam

Activity: 1442
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2020, 05:38:09 PM

I think people first want to test themselves by seeing a smoker. After that, he/she was unknowingly addicted to it. And that person started to smoking at times without his own knowledge. In this way, it becomes addictive at one time & that person can't come out from this life threaded Addiction. But luckly even I can't tolerate cigarette smell.
Karen0

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 07:44:14 PM

I have asked a lot of people about it. Most of them say that it "calms them down" if they are nervous. Then it goes like addiction. Second popular answer is that it helps to make friends, in other words it binds people. Actually, I also smoked when i was living in my property in Spain and partied a lot, but now i give up smoking because I fell in love
Hannu

Activity: 1061
Merit: 502

RIP: S5, A faithful device long time

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 08:32:14 PM

Because I'm smoking 12 years old and cannot stop. I have a good childhood, dad has two jobs. Never ever need to worry for example how much gas you put in a car, always full tank. I'm, not a spoiled kid and same own kids.

BTC: 3Qnnx4cu45Gx4WcksNCnBPu3TaUZ5sKkLo
LTC: LYX1ZH7f4qcXq52AzA6grUYDfDngVz7BEi
XRP: rLrbZMJDdL8eQd7HsW314bCtvE16LTLYkM?dt=1113
cryptoruby

Activity: 34

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2020, 08:39:39 PM

stress, habit maybe. It's hard to give up!
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3074

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2020, 09:34:08 PM

Here are some ideas.   

1) Lungs already damaged due to asbestos exposure
2) My robot is ready whenever I am
3) More money than I can spend with the life I have left
4) I'm no longer vain
5) If the virus goes pandemic, we will lose 2% of the population.   The Black Plague killed 50%
else)  Stress relief man.  Everyone has a vice.

I used to wonder why young people smoked, with their whole life ahead of them.  The reason is clear now - everyone may starve in a few years.  Sad

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
btc_love

Activity: 566
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 06:21:51 AM

For some, this has already become an insurmountable addiction. Other people just like it. They understand all the consequences, but they like the process. Just like alcohol for many people.
Negotiation

Activity: 1050
Merit: 264

Need a Helping hand? https://tinyurl.com/2p94uabm

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2020, 09:04:13 AM

It's difficult to give exact information about why people still smoke but I think it's a type of intoxication that many people don't want to give up Everyone knows that it can be harmful to our body and death can be cancer. People can not leave it is a type of addiction Many friends have learned from one and a half and some have learned to eat themselves However I do not like to smoke cigarettes nor do I smoke.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
View ArchiveReport to moderator
Kuffy (OP)

Activity: 127
Merit: 31

The real Jet Cash.

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2020, 10:32:41 AM

Just to reinforce the point.

It was reported that Chinese men are more likely to die from the Corona Virus than Chinese women. This was assumed to be related to their sex. In fact research revealed that 40% of Chinese men smoke, and only about 2% of Chinese women do so, Smoking helps the Corona Virus to bind to cells and multiply, and this is the reason for the increase in deaths.
dvmmayowa

Activity: 122
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 10:51:50 AM

If you'd take the pain to ask most smoker why they do it persistently, you'll realize that their main problem is the addiction and nothing else, its takes a whole lot to stop a man or woman from smoking, its just like drinking alcohol too. Funny enough, if you try educating them on the hazards they are prone to while smoking in this part of the world, they reply you with the phrase ''A man only die once'', so pathetic!
Alaric05

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 11:09:30 AM

I have asked a lot of people about it. Most of them say that it "calms them down" if they are nervous. Then it goes like addiction. Second popular answer is that it helps to make friends, in other words it binds people. Actually, I also smoked when i was living in my property in Spain and partied a lot, but now i give up smoking because I fell in love

I asked my friend why does he smoke?  The answer I got was hilarious he said he doesn't like to smoke but it looks cool and with smoking swag he can attract girls. Seriously I know my girl she hates cigarette smell.
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 11:40:31 AM

I asked my friend why does he smoke?  The answer I got was hilarious he said he doesn't like to smoke but it looks cool and with smoking swag he can attract girls. Seriously I know my girl she hates cigarette smell.
How old is your friend? if he's a teenager close to early 20s that would be a valid reason.

I have friends who work in the BPO industry and the shifting of their schedule is toxic and they smoke a cigarette to relieve the stress that they get from the work. And it's also a mechanism to them so that they won't fall asleep as they work on graveyard shift. For others, I don't know the reason but mostly it's a habit.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 01:12:17 PM

Probably addiction... just like most of us living on earth are addicted to one thing or the other. Unfortunately smoking things like cigarettes has more disadvantages than advantages to many/most people. The addiction and the possible health challenges are not good things. I guess those that are addicted could start reducing the amount they smoke a day, eat/live more healthy, deal with the root cause of the addiction, until they finally quite smoking.
Subbir

Activity: 812
Merit: 104

🎄 Allah is The Best Planner 🥀

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 01:47:56 PM

We all know that smoking is harmful to the health we smoke Smoking destroys our lungs and causes a spread of diseases I also usually smoke but now i can not quit. In fact smokers themselves don't even know why they eat. It's an addiction and addiction.

star7dust

Activity: 88
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 03:36:02 PM

I think this addiction is mostly psychological. Like, if your spirit is weak, you can't quit though you know the consequences. Personally I tried smoking but I never grew addiction to it. At first, it's just interesting to try, then it may become an essential part of your life if you're not strong enough
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2545

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 09:25:05 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2020, 09:37:33 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

Personally, I smoke because I like to. Period.
I often fly overseas, longest flight so far was 28hrs portal-to-portal with most around 18-20hrs, I regularly work in clean rooms and pharmaceutical mfg areas and not being able to smoke at those times has never bothered me at all. Even when I am freely able to smoke I'll often go several days without a cigarette just because I don't feel like it. Nonetheless I average 1 pack a day.

Never once has it bothered me to not be able to smoke. I figure that once it DOES bother me - that is the time to quit.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
uchetar

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 12:26:22 AM

You cant stop. Its coded into our DNA. whatever is coded into DNA you will like to do it repeatedly. Anything we consume often, its coded, and then you always will be sick until its gone from DNA. So, to stop you will have to suffer in a huge pain, its restoration pain. Any food, drinks, all that changes our DNA work.
Alaric05

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 05:28:21 AM

How old is your friend? if he's a teenager close to early 20s that would be a valid reason.

I have friends who work in the BPO industry and the shifting of their schedule is toxic and they smoke a cigarette to relieve the stress that they get from the work. And it's also a mechanism to them so that they won't fall asleep as they work on graveyard shift. For others, I don't know the reason but mostly it's a habit.

Yes you are right he was in his early 20s, now smoking has become his habit which he can't leave.
lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 05:45:20 AM

Probably addiction... just like most of us living on earth are addicted to one thing or the other.
I agree, its hard to quit because they used to it as part of their daily habit. I know someone who can consume 2 packs of cigarette each day, its like a candy that if he crave for it then no one can stop. I think a person will only stop smoking if he feel something is wrong in his health. But before someone can stop, damage has been done already to his lungs making it to a point his life is at risk.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: