Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:55:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people still smoke cigarettes?  (Read 704 times)
iamsheikhadil

Activity: 1022
Merit: 133

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 06:31:40 AM

I have never smoked in my life but I have seen a friend who went from a smoking hater to a chain-smoker taking 4 cigars a day now. When I asked he said he is hooked and it reduces his depression as well and more importantly it makes him look cool infront of those college girls. I tried to convince that those college girls won't be there to help him if he gets a heart attack. But basically in general, getting high is probably the only reason people smoke.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elisabetheva

Activity: 1708
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 10:29:12 AM

We know it messes up your lungs,and reduces libido. It also costs a fair bit of money. It messes up your skin texture as well, and you can see those middle aged women with prune lips and pasty faces. Now it appears that smoking helps the Corona Virus to bond to cells, and this makes it much harder for the immune system to fight the virus.

I just can't understand what the appeal is given all the damaging consequences.

what you say may be very appropriate but I believe that you might not be a smoker. I am also not a smoker but you try to ask them, they know that smoking is very bad and dangerous for the lungs and also drains money. but the main problem is that they have made cigarettes like an inseparable tool (addicted). they better not even eat than not smoke !! and that's true said by smokers.
it's not as easy as getting people to not smoke if it's not from themselves.
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 10:56:33 AM

I have never smoked in my life but I have seen a friend who went from a smoking hater to a chain-smoker taking 4 cigars a day now.
4 cigars a day cannot be consider as "Chain Smoker" mate because that classification is for those who smoke at least 1 case or more a day but still that is alarming because he used to be a Smoke hater.
When I asked he said he is hooked and it reduces his depression as well and more importantly it makes him look cool infront of those college girls.
i am sure there is someone that influenced Him to try and like smoking .
I tried to convince that those college girls won't be there to help him if he gets a heart attack. But basically in general, getting high is probably the only reason people smoke.
you cannot be High by smoking cigars mate because nicotine has no drugs at all,maybe weeds is what you are pointing?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Morki00

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 11:23:24 AM

People smoke cigarettes, because this is a kinda helpful for social skills.
Example: If you meet a girl on crowded place, go outside and smoke cigarettes and talk Smiley
chr1stian12

Activity: 66
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 29, 2020, 03:48:14 AM

Addiction is the reason why, even if they already know the outcomes and it's really dangerous, still they continue to smoke because they get addicted. Showing our care to them doesn't make them stop from doing it. Self care is part of it, if they really wanted to stop they'll do it themself.
Gopalwu

Activity: 172

View Profile
February 29, 2020, 10:45:14 PM

We know it messes up your lungs,and reduces libido. It also costs a fair bit of money. It messes up your skin texture as well, and you can see those middle aged women with prune lips and pasty faces. Now it appears that smoking helps the Corona Virus to bond to cells, and this makes it much harder for the immune system to fight the virus.

I believe its addiction that most people can't seem to let go. I have a Doc friend that can finish a full pack of cigarette in one day but he will still preach to you that cigarette smoking is very dangerous to health. So to me it's all about addiction
Negotiation

Activity: 1050
Merit: 264

Need a Helping hand? https://tinyurl.com/2p94uabm

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2020, 01:12:10 PM

When a person uses tobacco, either by smoking cigarettes, using chewing tobacco or by using another form of tobacco, nicotine enters the body and activates nicotine receptors in the brain. The faster the delivery of Rent a Car Dubai nicotine to your body, the greater the addictive effect on the brain.

As fast as the supply of nicotine is, the effects of addiction to the brain are greater People themselves cannot say precisely why they became addicted to smoking. This nicotine wash is the main reason for addiction.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
View ArchiveReport to moderator
Daveprofile

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 03, 2020, 01:03:44 PM

Smoking is a habit and every habit leads to addictions. Some people in cold geographical locations use smoking to warm up internally. These are some of the reasons why people smoke.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
March 03, 2020, 05:36:20 PM

Consuming tobacco in any form will make you addicted for it,so there is no other reason than to create artificial dopamine secretion which will gives you short time pleasure to your mind.

And government wants taxes from these tobacco consumers so they are not interested in banning it.
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
March 06, 2020, 09:27:43 AM

It is the same reason why people drink alcohol or even drive fast in the highways.
We know that it is unhealthy or dangerous but we still do it because it provides us a way of entertainment or a way or having fun/relax.
Annamike

Activity: 230

View Profile
March 07, 2020, 09:04:56 PM

I think people do cos they are ignorant of the fact that it's dangerous to health or its a habit which they find very hard to stop

Oikos◆   |  Decentralized Finance on Tron
https://oikos.cash/
elisabetheva

Activity: 1708
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 08, 2020, 07:18:07 AM

Instruction about smoking is very dangerous, maybe it is often done by all governments that want their citizens not to have an impact with the accompanying illness if smoking. even wrapped in cigarettes has been given a picture of the impact that will be affected if still smoking. but this is not easy to be able to prevent them from smoking, because we also have to understand that maybe they smoked since childhood and have become addicted to it that is not easy to be asked to stop. need proper education to be able to change the character of the addiction and personal desire to want to change.
fabiola!

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 08, 2020, 11:06:40 AM

Habit , pleasure people do smoking because they are addicted to it or other reason there environment like  friends and relatives promote it or they do it watching which people start smoking , i know some of my friends who smoke up to a pack daily
Nancyo

Activity: 352

View Profile
March 09, 2020, 06:58:26 PM

Well I see it as an irresistible addition that is very hard to let go. Smoking to some brings relaxation to the mind and helps forget the bitterness of the moment

///    ApeSwap.finance    ///
                Stake now for over 900% APR!               
cryping

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 09, 2020, 08:18:50 PM

The nicotine contained in cigarettes make the brain crave it.
btcltcdigger

Activity: 2002
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
March 10, 2020, 10:32:03 AM

Same can be said about alcohol or any "hard" drugs out there.
Simply put, social factors and that feelgood moment when you take a puff.
I personally don't smoke cigarettes, but i do quite often enjoy a good cigar. For me its not addition as i can simply not smoke for days/weeks and feel fine, but i do enjoy that 1 hour of peace and quiet when i have a glass of whiskey and a stogie.
Negotiation

Activity: 1050
Merit: 264

Need a Helping hand? https://tinyurl.com/2p94uabm

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2020, 11:25:35 AM

I also don't like smoking You just said it pushes us into social issues This is usual practice and many people who have never slept before have often smoked to forget about their grief and suffering But I think we should stay away from it. Diseases that are harmful to our body and can cause nausea in the body.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
View ArchiveReport to moderator
Ahmed Abdelrahman

Activity: 35

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 07:43:59 PM

that's a good question but it's a part of human nature we do whatever pleases us right now not looking for the long term effects
I used to smoke cigarettes a lot almost 2 packs a day but now I am a quitter and that was as easy as it seems, the drive for me and many others was a mental one , you think of it as a little candy that you consume in your stressed times your free times and in-betweens once you get your thoughts fixed and determined, you will find that it's an easy decision that it' hard to take
aymen1920

Activity: 43

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 11:07:06 PM

I think many factors lead people to smoke: dealing with stress and all the different emotional situations makes people seek a way to overcome and deal with these issues and of course, nicotine is a very addictive substance, which explaines why most people can't quit smoking.
bdbountyon

Activity: 100

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2020, 07:55:34 AM

I don't find any reason for smoking. Smoking cause cancer everyone knows but they are not subject to judgement. There is no punishment for smoking. Everything is in paper not in really.
People can quit smoking any time. It is weird to gradually quit smoking. You can quit all on a sudden.
You should quit smoking for living longer and healthy life.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: