Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:59:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't just hold your altcoins for a long time!  (Read 1406 times)
rahmatullah9305

Activity: 983
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 09:18:50 AM

I've heard people losing their tokens due to lack of information and all. Most Eos holders lost their tokens during the token swap. We should try to stay updated with these tokens especially when we hold them in our private wallets not on the exchange.
That is common if you lose tokens due to lack of information or when you swap, because tokens that have been swapped already have a new contrac address, so the old contrac will no longer be visible in someone's personal wallet.
Iyanu14

Activity: 795
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 10:12:45 AM

Don't hold some good but random altcoins for a long time. If you still want to hold then don't leave their telegram group or other social accounts, check updates on a regular basis. Because if you just hold and keep it in a wallet for 2 years then who knows after 2 years your coin's value may turn into zero value, because of the swap!

I lost many coins because of swap things! Recently Insolar is swapping their token, I did not know about it, because I have been holding for two years but did not care enough as the price was very low! Today I was checking the Coinmarketap android app and saw Insolar coin increased by 530% but their ticker is XNS when I knew it was INS! So, I joined their telegram and get the updates about the swap! Unfortunately, If I fail to swap on time then all of the value of my holding coins will be zero! So, except Bitcoin, Ethereum, don't trust any coin for just buy and hold for a long time, rather keep updating yourself!

You're very correct.  I have similar experience too. I got some altcoins via airdrops and bounties, I decided to hold them for a while probably because of the hype they got then. Unfortunately, I was away for a while from their telegram communities.  Behold when I later checked the update about the coins, it was so pathetic. Some that listed at $0.01 have become $0.00001. I just have them as decorative coins in my wallet now.  It will do us a lot of good checking update if possible on a daily basis should you want to hold any altcoin.
litepool.ru

Activity: 531

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 01:36:56 PM

It depends on the altcoins we hold, if we hold the top altcoins in this market, we will surely get a profit in the long run. But if we hold altcoins outside the top 10, in the long run these altcoins can collapse and die. Over the past 3 years I've seen thousands of altcoins like this, need to be very careful before making investment decisions.

conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 01:38:57 PM

good advice but it seems like it doesn't really apply to alt in the top ranks, they will definitely develop or have goals for the future.
while for alt which is far below 100, use it only for daily trading and not for long-term saving.
or for the good reason you can save btc for long term, and alt like eth,xrp,bch,bnb.
- I think it still applies to top altcoins because of the fact that top coins can no longer sustain an upward trend in the long run, except for bitcoin can still attract capitalization very steadily, top altcoin almost had to share capitalization with the altcoin below. Their potential has been used up and there have been no new changes while their competitors are too potential and constantly changing, top altcoins can only explode in a short time, long-term holding will not be able to optimize profits, this is the time for us to think carefully about holding.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 02:05:30 PM

and also actually holding altcoin in the long run is a bit risky, unless you choose alt which is really good like eth, bnb, xrp and others at the top.
if you only hold new coins listed in the market and hope the next 6 months will rise, it is too risky.
80% of projects listed in the market will not last for a long time.
btc78

Activity: 2506
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 02:11:18 PM

Don't hold some good but random altcoins for a long time. If you still want to hold then don't leave their telegram group or other social accounts, check updates on a regular basis. Because if you just hold and keep it in a wallet for 2 years then who knows after 2 years your coin's value may turn into zero value, because of the swap!

I lost many coins because of swap things! Recently Insolar is swapping their token, I did not know about it, because I have been holding for two years but did not care enough as the price was very low! Today I was checking the Coinmarketap android app and saw Insolar coin increased by 530% but their ticker is XNS when I knew it was INS! So, I joined their telegram and get the updates about the swap! Unfortunately, If I fail to swap on time then all of the value of my holding coins will be zero! So, except Bitcoin, Ethereum, don't trust any coin for just buy and hold for a long time, rather keep updating yourself!
But that is the risk of having altcoins specially those comes from Bounty in which at some point leaves us no option but to hold ,there were times that after receiving the payments from the job suddenly the value turns to almost zero so what can we do?stay holding and forgetting that we have the said coins until time comes that the project comes alive again.

But the swapping is what made us lose totally because after that our holding will be nothing at all.

Blackdeath

Activity: 910
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 02:21:51 PM

Knowing the updates of a coin that you are holding is really important for you to be updated in news and their development, but not all altcoins are worth it to hold because not all of them have a good team members to maintain the coins good value, that is why you should make a good decision whether you sell or hold your altcoins.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2020, 03:01:26 PM

and also actually holding altcoin in the long run is a bit risky, unless you choose alt which is really good like eth, bnb, xrp and others at the top.
if you only hold new coins listed in the market and hope the next 6 months will rise, it is too risky.
80% of projects listed in the market will not last for a long time.

Even holding the coins that you have listed is risky. ETH lost more than 90% of its value in 2018, due to the destruction of the ICO market. The less we talk about other alts such as XMR, that much better. Cardano lost an unbelievable 98% of its value in 2018. And there is no guarantee that it is not going to happen again. Even Bitcoin has lost more than 50% of its value so far this year.
TheICE007

Activity: 646

tozex.io

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 04:05:16 PM

You are very right. If you feel you want to to hold any coin you consider as a good coin,if it's for long term,always try to follow their social handle,and like he said their telegram group to know what is going on with the coin,like case of swap as OP said else you will find out that your holdings is worthless if you are not updated.

► TOZEX ◄ ♦ Cryptoasset Financing Platform ♦ ► TOZEX ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
rdewilde

Activity: 925

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 09:08:45 PM

Many have made this mistake of holding altcoins and then exiting the telegram group which ends up bad for them most times. From one side you can't really blame the project because they are aiming for efficient services hence the need to migrate to a new blockchain or their blockchain thus the reason for swapping which some users always miss. In my own opinion, i agree with you, if you tend to hold for long always check the group or any possible channel once in while to be updated on the happenings within the platform.

pandanaran

Activity: 1048

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 10:48:36 PM

of course, to hold a good altcoin for a long time is also at risk, well the name of investment also has its own risks. but no, if you're smarter, detailed about the project, always monitor team development, the price of tokens & their projects. at least you must know how to survive and take advantage in long-term investments.

pikkie

Activity: 924
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 11:03:22 PM

of course, to hold a good altcoin for a long time is also at risk, well the name of investment also has its own risks. but no, if you're smarter, detailed about the project, always monitor team development, the price of tokens & their projects. at least you must know how to survive and take advantage in long-term investments.
when I know that long-term investment in altcoin has a risk then I prefer not to save altcoin that does not have a good reputation, I will only choose altcoin in the top 10 so that I can minimize the risk when storing altcoin for the long term.
Seth2009

Activity: 445

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2020, 11:27:18 PM

Agree, holding of coins for a long time is not required today.. Especially now that market is so volatile... A lot of coins did swapping to survive it's value but a lot of investors are not aware of it... So instead we gain profits a lot of us lost our investments... So better to hold those coins that have a stable value in market...

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▀██▄                  |        TWITTER        |      TELEGRAM      |        DISCORD        |                  ▄██▀
▀█▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄█▀
akwfleaspirit

Activity: 163

View Profile
March 27, 2020, 07:14:07 PM

There are altcoins that is worth holding for a longer time, only if you do a thorough research, you will notice they are worth holding for a loner time, only that many fear taking risk. there are some risk that is worth taking and at the end it is worth it. The point is, do a thorough research before thinking of holding any altcoin for too long.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 03:01:20 PM

Yea this is true, I have had this experience before and it was with one coin I got through airdrop. These altcoins are going to give you a lot of stress and that’s the truth. If you don’t want to go through all the stress of holding an altcoins and trying to keep up to date it’s best that you forget about them. If you know that you’re not ready keep up with the coin, it’s best for you to look for another coin.

This is the reason I’m mostly now focused on Ethereum and Bitcoin because there is not going to be anything, although this kind of thing rarely happens.
Winscosinally

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 03:29:57 PM

Use blockfolio or other apps that works like blockfolio, that's why these app are created, to keep track of coins and tokens right from you mobile, if the project is new then you have to separately keep track on the project for example staying up to date on telegram group
rexxarofmoknathal

Activity: 966
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 03:45:11 PM

Keeping track of altcoins is stressful, we all know that! And while apps are used by some people to help them with that most people just don't have the time or have the energy to keep an eye on them, so unless there's good volatility around the alts your holding there's no point in having them fr the sake of a potential profit in the very distant future. For me its not worth the hassle, and only keeping the alts that will definitely change the market like ETH. That's my approach anyway

BUY & SELL
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BITCOIN ETHEREUM RIPPLE
FAQ
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AFFILIATE PROGRAM

░██████████████████░
████████████████████
█████████▀░░░███████
█████████░░▄████████
███████▀▀░░▀▀███████
███████▄▄░░▄▄███████
█████████░░█████████

█████████░░█████████

█████████▄▄█████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀█▀███
███░▀█████▀░░░░░▀███
███▌░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░█████

██████▄░░░░░▄▄██████

█████▄▄▄▄███████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████████████
███████████▀▀░░▐████
███████▀▀░░░░░█████
████▀░░░▄█▀░░░▐█████
█████▄▄█▀░░░░░██████

███████▌▄▄▄▐██████

████████████████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
Flickkk

Activity: 434

Bounty Detective

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 11:29:53 PM

I agree buying from the ICO and hodling their coin for a long time is a very risky decision.
Because it is very hard to predict the price even though the team gives you a good news . The price will still be disapointing. . And i think the best thing to do now is to buy a  known coin so you will know that it has a big number of investor will it make the coin gives a possibility to pump.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
rathaha10

Activity: 616
Merit: 108

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
April 07, 2020, 02:58:32 PM

Keeping track of altcoins is stressful, we all know that! And while apps are used by some people to help them with that most people just don't have the time or have the energy to keep an eye on them, so unless there's good volatility around the alts your holding there's no point in having them fr the sake of a potential profit in the very distant future. For me its not worth the hassle, and only keeping the alts that will definitely change the market like ETH. That's my approach anyway

I agree with you. People have forgotten that most altcoins do have their ATH immediately after first exchange listing and when you miss that chance, it will be hard for you to gain anything tangible again from holding such altcoins. The bottom line is, most altcoins ain't worth holding while in bear market condition because majority of them dosen't have a strong community to provide the needed volume and when the volume of a coin thins down, the price begins to take a downtrend movement. Altcoins are a good options when the market is bullish not otherwise

Romeotom

Activity: 814
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 07, 2020, 03:04:39 PM

Of course right if i take long time holding any altcoins then i need always follow their channel like telegram and social media with check project roadmap activity. Because if we got store a unless coin then our money will gone even we can't expect profits.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: