Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:47:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't just hold your altcoins for a long time!  (Read 1406 times)
CrownMade423

Activity: 79
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 25, 2020, 04:57:08 PM

I have been investing in some projects for a long time. I believe that your feedback will come to my attention. I'll join them on social media today and keep them updated. Thanks for sharing your valuable experience with us.

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
LostConfidence243

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 10:53:58 AM

There is a huge number of projects that change the coin name and they allow you to change that currency shortly afterward with the swap. But there are many people like myself and you who do not have to swap them at certain times and have their coins is valueless. That's why the project owners are benefited. So be careful everyone before time goes .

Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 11:35:09 AM

There is a huge number of projects that change the coin name and they allow you to change that currency shortly afterward with the swap. But there are many people like myself and you who do not have to swap them at certain times and have their coins is valueless. That's why the project owners are benefited. So be careful everyone before time goes .

As I know, but you should do check it, swap is when the project creates their own chain and they move from
some platform to their own chain. That happened to me as well, with Tron. It was ERC token at first, but when
they made their own chain all Tron ERC tokens should be swapped for Tron coins.
   If you made this mistake it's on you. They announce swap months before it happens. You should follow news
from projects you invested in.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
sayam

Activity: 1442
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2020, 12:20:08 PM

You are absolutely right, it can trouble us any day. If the holding amount is large & you hold 2/3 altcoins then damage can be prevented by following the project update regularly. But if you have a lot of altcoins in stock then it is difficult to follow the project update. So in my opinion, it's better not to hold for a long time.
Maturnuwun

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 12:45:42 PM

not to worry as long as you hold the top altcoin in the market for a certain period. the most important thing in investing is that you can manage financial management correctly and always monitor the coins you invest. so you won't lose the chance to sell when your coins increase.
krayzie32

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 12:48:49 PM

I like to keep Altcoins in my cryptocurrency portfolio. I believe that in the future coins will bring at least 300% of the current price level.

Big hopes. I didn’t think that people like you still remained. It is interesting within what time periods you expect such an impressive growth of 300%.
Most likely in the long run 5-10 years, because in the near future such growth is unlikely to be possible. But whether your projects will be alive in 5-10 years is a big question.

If not sell, it is unlikely that they have lost money in this market. I think that if the long-term investment is selected during this period, the opportunity is definitely still available to investors and they can be more optimistic. However, very few people can hold for 5 to 10 years because this is a very long time and people will tend to choose new coins more.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
jentak

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 01:14:43 PM

Of course knowing the update of the coin is very important for holders of long-term investments. I experience the same thing when I don't swap coins that I hold. and finally the coins I could not use. Following the project update is strongly recommended for holders.
I wish I knew this info like a year ago when I lost my funds almost the same way as op described it.
there should be a list of these recommendations or something
meldrio1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 01:23:42 PM

Yep this can be happen if you just hold the altcoins and no updating their telegram channel, you might lost your money. Holding for long is not bad but should keep update their channel so you won't miss the important news.

bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 01:26:18 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2020, 02:21:41 PM by bitcoin31

So sad to heard that that is happened to you so be careful about what coin you are going to invest because most of them are very risky and possible to turn to zero or become no value.

But there is still more coin who are good in longterm such as bitcoin and ether so don't pick the other coins because if you want assurance just choose that because that coin is already tested the potetnial and team are legit like the ethereum.
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1196

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 02:38:10 PM

It all depends on what altcoin are you holding up because if you hold top altcoins for long term you will win a lot more than holding them for a short period of time but if you hold crap altcoins ( most of them are crap ) you will not make any profits unless a pump comes from out of nowhere.  My advice would be to keep your most investment money into Bitcoin and then just buy top altcoins but don't gamble with no-name altcoins.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
hulla

Activity: 1820
Merit: 566

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 06:25:56 PM

It all depends on what altcoin are you holding up because if you hold top altcoins for long term you will win a lot more than holding them for a short period of time but if you hold crap altcoins ( most of them are crap ) you will not make any profits unless a pump comes from out of nowhere.  My advice would be to keep your most investment money into Bitcoin and then just buy top altcoins but don't gamble with no-name altcoins.
Yeah. It certainly depend on the utility level, concept, community support and historical info of the altcoin an investor is holding for ling term but select altcoin base on the top slot it have on capital market is not right because there are also some crappie altcoin on the top 100 list on capital market.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
MUG1WARA

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 07:49:02 PM

it is very common for new projects because I have also gone through several swaps in several projects, following the update of every token that we hold must be done, if only hold without following the update then we can lose a lot of money

103deltafox

Activity: 491

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 08:27:58 PM

This is very right, it's not just about doing research to buy a good coin for long term hold,what happens after is of utmost importance as doing research go buy it,as you hold,you need to know other things and events going on,and mostly importantly,if it is time you let go,protect your investment.

JungleOnion

Activity: 868
Merit: 279

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2020, 08:34:19 PM

Definitely a good idea to keep track of your portfolio fairly frequent. Waiting 2 years to check the status of your coins is not a good idea to begin with but it's a good advice anyway because keeping track of updates will let you have a feel of the progress the team is making regarding the blockchain, coin, partnerships, usage, etc. If none of those are being developed or improved is better to sell at a loss than holding something that might be worth zero. It has happened to me with some coins, they start the "community" constantly updating it, making progress, and through time they stop developing, stop updating, eventually get delisted and become dead coins/tokens.
FLHippy

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 08:37:08 PM

When you look at altcoin trading volume and compare it with number of transactions on their blockchains, you realize that these altcoins are just good only for trading. Many traders are trying to multiply their Bitcoins by trading BTC/alt pairs.  Cool

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈
AutomaticTrade254

Activity: 81

View Profile
May 06, 2020, 02:57:55 PM

Long time holding of altcoins is for professionals traders . Because updated news , research market , could token swap any time or blockchain relocation any  time . So you need to consider carefully before making a decision . The point is always to update your information about what is you owned in your portfolio . Which will defiantly bring to you profit.

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
hiburak

Activity: 1655
Merit: 600

View Profile
May 06, 2020, 03:13:09 PM

Holding altcoins for a long time is a not a bad thing, but holding so many different altcoins may be problematic in the end, because it's difficult keep track of all these projects.

cryptoknightt

Activity: 1189
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 06, 2020, 03:16:46 PM

hold atlcoin for longtime give you big risk specially altcoin with low marketcap, unless if market price always rise and
btc price stable.then altcoin will be fine, if not just hold for certain period when you hear good/bad news, then you can make action for that.
ray_saeed

Activity: 87

View Profile
May 06, 2020, 03:40:20 PM

Sad but true. Sometimes good projects just duying
leatutz

Activity: 523

View Profile
May 06, 2020, 09:19:27 PM

Don't hold some good but random altcoins for a long time. If you still want to hold then don't leave their telegram group or other social accounts, check updates on a regular basis. Because if you just hold and keep it in a wallet for 2 years then who knows after 2 years your coin's value may turn into zero value, because of the swap!

I lost many coins because of swap things! Recently Insolar is swapping their token, I did not know about it, because I have been holding for two years but did not care enough as the price was very low! Today I was checking the Coinmarketap android app and saw Insolar coin increased by 530% but their ticker is XNS when I knew it was INS! So, I joined their telegram and get the updates about the swap! Unfortunately, If I fail to swap on time then all of the value of my holding coins will be zero! So, except Bitcoin, Ethereum, don't trust any coin for just buy and hold for a long time, rather keep updating yourself!
Ins is giving huge time to swap but problem is about increase supply. My another question, what will be the solution who miss this swap.Their coin will have control in project team. I don't like it process because I think team should put time limit in the roadmap during anyone buy their token. I believe, in every swap someone miss this swap.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: