Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:42:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Original Bitcoin Magazine Issue 1 and others - Auction  (Read 956 times)
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
March 03, 2020, 08:55:00 PM

I think it might have been someone who just wanted to rattle some cages. But if it was a newbie, they deserve the benefit of the doubt, and get to do it over again. It takes time to acclimate to this environment. Who knows, they might show up and sell the magazines for the $50, stranger things have been known to happen. Either way, bullying someone into something isn't the way to go. We've all been newbies at some point. I've had listings not paid for, bids backed out of, you gotta get over it and move on. Was I happy-no. Did I act like an adult and get over it-yes. Most of us have had those same things happen to us, if a newbie  gets treated right, maybe when those things happen to him/her in the future, they'll remember this and get over it and move on, instead of engaging the Mob mentality.  Tongue

Says who now??? You, you pathetic waste of cow dung? Go back to the pasture Fattcatt, your moocows are calling... Roll Eyes

*BTW - WRONG Answer - You get another red mark. Congrats.  Kiss

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fattcatt

Activity: 1915
Merit: 354

View Profile
March 03, 2020, 09:14:11 PM

This newbie already has 2 negative feedbacks because of this....do you really think that people don't have eyes, and can't see whats happening?
Do you think that they will stay to do business if a new member gets treated like that, especially if they themselves are a newbie? They're afraid to ask questions, say or do anything because they see this crap. We want and need new members, we shouldn't be chasing them all off. You all know it's true.
Fattcatt

View Profile
March 03, 2020, 09:16:23 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2020, 10:42:49 PM by Fattcatt

HEY LOOK More Bullies have shown up!!! You wanna leave me negative feel free, just know that I will definitely return the favor.  Wink
***YOU get another red mark as well.***   Kiss right back atcha

I think it might have been someone who just wanted to rattle some cages. But if it was a newbie, they deserve the benefit of the doubt, and get to do it over again. It takes time to acclimate to this environment. Who knows, they might show up and sell the magazines for the $50, stranger things have been known to happen. Either way, bullying someone into something isn't the way to go. We've all been newbies at some point. I've had listings not paid for, bids backed out of, you gotta get over it and move on. Was I happy-no. Did I act like an adult and get over it-yes. Most of us have had those same things happen to us, if a newbie  gets treated right, maybe when those things happen to him/her in the future, they'll remember this and get over it and move on, instead of engaging the Mob mentality.  Tongue

Says who now??? You, you pathetic waste of cow dung? Go back to the pasture Fattcatt, your moocows are calling... Roll Eyes

*BTW - WRONG Answer - You get another red mark. Congrats.  Kiss
rxalts
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 351

View Profile
March 03, 2020, 09:22:55 PM
Merited by Spokanistan51 (1)

This newbie already has 2 negative feedbacks because of this....do you really think that people don't have eyes, and can't see whats happening?
Do you think that they will stay to do business if a new member gets treated like that, especially if they themselves are a newbie? They're afraid to ask questions, say or do anything because they see this crap. We want and need new members, we shouldn't be chasing them all off. You all know it's true.

Did you read anything I posted? This is an ethical issue not a newbie knowledge issue. Let’s pretend for a minute then. Say we give 1 stupid auction forgiveness pass to noobs, as this is what you are asking right? You seem to think this will then promote further use of forum by noobs. However, did you consider the consequence of this “free pass”? The major consequence being people start making alt accounts (as you are coincidentally being accused of) in order to gain this “free pass” to flee from auctions. Which is what you are also coincidentally advocating for these “free passes” for noobs. Like anything in life, long term and experienced members of a community are always valued more than newcomers much like as it is expected in workplace. As a newcomer myself, I adopted what was standard practice here, not try to cause problems for people. Time is money, so unless you’re paying for people to waste their time on noob auctions as part of a research project, I don’t see what your motivation to defend them is unless of course this is your alt.
Fattcatt

View Profile
March 03, 2020, 09:30:07 PM

lol, like I said, if it were me, I'd have asked a lot more for them. But you carry on thinking whatever you like.  Wink
rxalts
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 351

View Profile
March 03, 2020, 09:34:41 PM

lol, like I said, if it were me, I'd have asked a lot more for them. But you carry on thinking whatever you like.  Wink

It was an auction? You don’t ask for anything actually.  Huh
Mugtaiya

Activity: 171
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 04, 2020, 12:49:40 AM

reply for +info

Issues avaliable  1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,15,16,17,18,20,21 and 22

accepting bids starting from:

0.15 BTC for all the magazines in this pack

0.05 BTC for issue 1

0.005 BTC for each one of the rest

payment accepted in crypto and more options

buyer pays shipping

auction ends march 1st at 00:00 GMT+1
So if you took this for a final bid
Would you take it for all issues?
Since auction ended March 1st.
jesuschrist0 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 02:29:56 PM

sorry i had tested for coronavirus and I am positive
i have bit time to write here

So i need a bit more time to manage it
actually i am at hospital at 200 kms from my home

wil update in a few days

thanks to all

wash your hands!!
Spokanistan51

Activity: 1720
Merit: 190

X/Twitter @MarkD_509 ; Facebook: @509bitcointrader

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2020, 02:58:55 PM

sorry i had tested for coronavirus and I am positive
i have bit time to write here

So i need a bit more time to manage it
actually i am at hospital at 200 kms from my home

wil update in a few days

thanks to all

wash your hands!!
First and foremost, if you did test positive I wish you the best hope you achieve a full recovery. I did win multiple lots in this auction, so I will await your reply patiently. I would like to use escrow via Miner Jones. Once everything is ironed out, I will remove negative trust. Thank you.

X/Twitter: @MarkD_509
Facebook: www.facebook.com/509bitcointrader
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 5917

Meh.

View Profile
April 10, 2020, 03:52:14 AM

Has there been any update to this?

Spokanistan51

Activity: 1720
Merit: 190

X/Twitter @MarkD_509 ; Facebook: @509bitcointrader

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2020, 11:36:01 PM
Merited by Hhampuz (1)

Hi H, as you can see I was the winner of this auction on multiple lots w/in the rules. jesuschrist0 never followed up after the end of the auction, then there was a random message about COVID. I have not heard from jesuschrist0 other than that posting, no PM's/DM's etc. I do not believe jesuschrist0 will every follow up with me to make good on their auction, as I think this is an alt account of someone who has a history of ghosting auctions when they are not happy with bids given. My negative trust will continue to stay for now. I will update this thread if anything positive comes of this.

X/Twitter: @MarkD_509
Facebook: www.facebook.com/509bitcointrader
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 5917

Meh.

View Profile
April 11, 2020, 12:20:47 AM

Hi H, as you can see I was the winner of this auction on multiple lots w/in the rules. jesuschrist0 never followed up after the end of the auction, then there was a random message about COVID. I have not heard from jesuschrist0 other than that posting, no PM's/DM's etc. I do not believe jesuschrist0 will every follow up with me to make good on their auction, as I think this is an alt account of someone who has a history of ghosting auctions when they are not happy with bids given. My negative trust will continue to stay for now. I will update this thread if anything positive comes of this.

Sad to hear this although if the rumors are true of who that account belongs to I can't say I'm surprised..

Hope you'll be able to snag up a magazine from a different, legitimate source in the near future!

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: