Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:34:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammer Alert : BCT user Maui707  (Read 183 times)
peonminer (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 11:05:33 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2020, 11:36:52 PM by peonminer

What happened::
This user agreed to send me an empty Bitcoin wallet private key in exchange for $25 in BTC. Payment was sent after the user sent one wallet private key in good faith. The user never sent the paid for private key. Users beware.

Scammers Profile Link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2590343

Reference Link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5227736.msg53891269#msg53891269

Amount Scammed:
0.00276882 BTC $25

Payment Method:
BTC

Proof of Payment:
https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1cnFjxhMmtA9E7Cbahh6Rt5uKZh9dGTtD

PM/Chat Logs:
Telegram is @Maui707 - user blocked after payment thus no chat logs

Additional Notes:

Selling BTC addresses with private keys. All BTC addresses are empty, but I saw that such addresses are bought somewhere, I sell them at a price of 0.01 BTC. Addresses The btc of a List:
https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/17MxKujaf2sFtGzX36tSkVFXwkJCDsSS8J
https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1MMetUmCSSLccjSLfw6yqeztXVLJpyCMXr
https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1MCtWiTjfq5EcPxqJdZifNSMiH8f48PXTS

Purchase: https://satoshidisk.com/pay/C8ktXA

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AlexSimion

Activity: 1078
Merit: 210

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 09:27:35 AM

Quick question  , why would someone buy an empty bitcoin wallet with private key when it's extremely easy creating one ?  Huh

SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3427

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2020, 11:55:28 AM

This user agreed to send me an empty Bitcoin wallet private key in exchange for $25 in BTC. Payment was sent after the user sent one wallet private key in good faith. The user never sent the paid for private key. Users beware.
Since both highlighted statements contradict each other, can you explain it in a better way?
- Correct me if I'm wrong: You received the first private key but not the second one?

You've linked to an address, "this should be the correct link" instead.

PM/Chat Logs:
https://i.imgur.com/9A68d90.png
You have to blame yourself for giving him/her the idea to shift the conversation to Telegram [main reason for having insufficient evidence].

Due to not having enough proof, I'll leave him a neutral rating [for now] and inform him/her about this accusation and if nothing happens [after coming back online], then I'll respond with a negative rating.

Quick question  , why would someone buy an empty bitcoin wallet with private key when it's extremely easy creating one ?  Huh
Here you go: What could someone do with the private keys of empty Bitcoin addresses?
- Make sure to read all of the replies on that thread.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
AlexSimion

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 12:12:28 PM

snip

Thank you for the link , I've read through the thread , but it's mostly speculative answers , top winners being unclaimed forks ( which I doubt )  or tax evasion.

So would be curious OP as to why you wanted to buy an empty private key Smiley.

peonminer (OP)

Crypto is King.

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 12:35:25 PM

Since both highlighted statements contradict each other, can you explain it in a better way?
- Correct me if I'm wrong: You received the first private key but not the second one?

You've linked to an address, "this should be the correct link" instead.

PM/Chat Logs:
https://i.imgur.com/9A68d90.png
You have to blame yourself for giving him/her the idea to shift the conversation to Telegram [main reason for having insufficient evidence].

Due to not having enough proof, I'll leave him a neutral rating [for now] and inform him/her about this accusation and if nothing happens [after coming back online], then I'll respond with a negative rating.

Quick question  , why would someone buy an empty bitcoin wallet with private key when it's extremely easy creating one ?  Huh
Here you go: What could someone do with the private keys of empty Bitcoin addresses?
- Make sure to read all of the replies on that thread.

snip

Thank you for the link , I've read through the thread , but it's mostly speculative answers , top winners being unclaimed forks ( which I doubt )  or tax evasion.

So would be curious OP as to why you wanted to buy an empty private key Smiley.

Maui707 listed three addresses with private keys for sale. When I messaged them on BCT I sent my telegram. Yes, I know. I should have used escrow. I'll never conduct another deal sending first to a user that isn't in my DT.

I asked Maui707 if they are willing to sell each key individually. They agreed they could split them up. I informed them that since I have positive feedback on BCT that I would send payment after they sent the address and priv key that I wanted. They said they would send the wallet addy and key to the only wallet I did not want, to prove they owned the wallets. Which was this wallet. https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/17MxKujaf2sFtGzX36tSkVFXwkJCDsSS8J

The private key matched and so I gained a bit of faith that they had the priv keys for the other addresses. We made a deal that I would pay $25 for the next address (the one that I wanted) and if it checked out I would pay $45 for the final address. They agreed, I sent the $25 (and change, because why not? Trying to spread good karma) and welp, I got hosed. Nothing I can do about it except warn others.

Thanks for correcting the TXID link for me. You're right it's https://www.blockchain.com/btc/tx/d077fa161a93eb6fa456c4806a5b29a83ad075dbf4633534100239154342a79e

And again, yep, you're 100% correct. I messed up conducting the deal on Telegram. Honestly never done a deal on there (and now I see why everyone warns against it). Didn't know messages disappear when someone blocks you or w/e. Eh, I guess I'm sponsoring lunch for a week for a poor Russian kid or something. Like I said, never doing deals outside of a public thread in BCT again. Even though it was only $25, it still isn't fun being burned.

I appreciate your support in the matter. I just wanted to warn anyone else that might be tempted doing a transaction with the user.

And yes, my intentions were to do some digging and try to find any unclaimed forks. Meh.

Interestingly enough, after all of this I did some research to see how I could have spotted the scam before it happened. I found this website https://allprivatekeys.com/check-bitcoin-address-in-leaked-bitcoin-private-keys-database which allows you to check and see if an address and priv key are public knowledge. Low and behold, I found the addy and priv are exposed for the address that the user sent, and not exposed for the other two addys. Classic scam. One I hadn't seen yet though, unfortunately.
Maui707

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 01:45:04 PM

Hi guys! What exactly is fraud? I agreed to sell the keys separately, 1 key was sent for him, as agreed, I received payment, the key was sent to.
Another buyer wrote in a personal email that he would buy the remaining wallets much more expensive, a person needs to replenish the balance. Therefore, the remaining wallets are not yet sold, I already deleted the link about the sale.
Thank you all for participating. The remaining wallets are not for sale.
peonminer (OP)

Crypto is King.

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 01:51:19 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2020, 02:06:10 PM by peonminer

Hi guys! What exactly is fraud? I agreed to sell the keys separately, 1 key was sent for him, as agreed, I received payment, the key was sent to.
Another buyer wrote in a personal email that he would buy the remaining wallets much more expensive, a person needs to replenish the balance. Therefore, the remaining wallets are not yet sold, I already deleted the link about the sale.
You're a joke. Don't come here acting like you didn't scam me and block me/clear chat on telegram after we agreed on you sending the priv key for 1MCtWiTjfq5EcPxqJdZifNSMiH8f48PXTS once payment was sent. You're a fraud and a liar and you know it.
AlexSimion

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 01:55:12 PM

Well I'm also curious why did you delete the messages with OP and blocked him , if everything went "as agreed". 

peonminer (OP)

Crypto is King.

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 02:03:57 PM

Well I'm also curious why did you delete the messages with OP and blocked him , if everything went "as agreed".  

USERS DEAL WITH MAUI707 AT YOUR OWN RISK

They changed their telegram name to @Stelar_1000 just before coming here to post as well. Cheap ass way of trying to cover your tracks.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: