Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:43:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't auto Save your login details  (Read 945 times)
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2020, 05:01:06 PM

Well it will save your account information if you agree to save it but if you not then you'll need to retype it again if you are logging in which is recommended for our accounts safety, i think cookies has less work about the credentials and it is more about our browsing activities. I think it is just simple, if possible do not use public computers in accessing your wallets or exchange site you stored your money but if not then make sure to watch yourself from clicking too much so that your account will not be in danger. If you have your own device, laptop or phone you can save your account details for it is only you who will use that device.

Cookies save the passwords so that you don't need to ever login and just type the URL like gmail to login your email account. Phones can be hacked easily. It saves your credentials. Recently uninstalled my browser, deleted my cookies folder and had to login again to all the sites where I was previously logged in.

There are popup ads nowadays which directly get installed on your computer and are malware. I detected one recently and had to delete it. In public places there are CCTVs as well so they can take a note of your password as you type it. I have noticed people even peeping in your device while you are typing your phone password.

AFAIK you can choose to synchronize your passwords with your Google Account so you have access to it from other devices. So, yes.

It's only if you sync else it's saved only on your device. Best is not to sync.

CryptoYar (OP)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 638

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 05:18:25 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2020, 05:33:02 PM by CryptoYar
Merited by taufik123 (1)

Cookies save the passwords so that you don't need to ever login and just type the URL like gmail to login your email account.

Totally agree with you, you are absolutely right.
All the trouble is cookies

*edit*
Clear cache & cookies(In the Chrome app)
#1: On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app Chrome.
#2: At the top right, tap More (three dots)
#3: Tap History and then Clear browsing data.
#4: At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
#5: Next to "Cookies and site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
#6: Tap Clear data.
Done:

Chrome on PC.
#1: On your computer, open Chrome.
#2: At the top right, click More (three dots)
#3: Click More tools and then Clear browsing data
#4: At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time
#5: Click Clear data
Done
Reference: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en&oco=0

bartekjagoda

Activity: 87
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 01, 2020, 07:44:56 AM

Well it will save your account information if you agree to save it but if you not then you'll need to retype it again if you are logging in which is recommended for our accounts safety, i think cookies has less work about the credentials and it is more about our browsing activities. I think it is just simple, if possible do not use public computers in accessing your wallets or exchange site you stored your money but if not then make sure to watch yourself from clicking too much so that your account will not be in danger. If you have your own device, laptop or phone you can save your account details for it is only you who will use that device.

Cookies save the passwords so that you don't need to ever login and just type the URL like gmail to login your email account. Phones can be hacked easily. It saves your credentials. Recently uninstalled my browser, deleted my cookies folder and had to login again to all the sites where I was previously logged in.

There are popup ads nowadays which directly get installed on your computer and are malware. I detected one recently and had to delete it. In public places there are CCTVs as well so they can take a note of your password as you type it. I have noticed people even peeping in your device while you are typing your phone password.

AFAIK you can choose to synchronize your passwords with your Google Account so you have access to it from other devices. So, yes.

It's only if you sync else it's saved only on your device. Best is not to sync.

If course you can steal that person credentials by extracting cookies from any browser and convert to json and import on any other computer

Ich liebe Bitcoin
Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 01, 2020, 03:40:47 PM

I always make it a point to delete the computer cache and history  I've used when ever I logged in an internet cafe, because some internet cafes are not using a deepfreeze software, so the computer always remember your history and your prints, but I'm glad I'm not going into the cafe since I have a laptop and netbook around
That is really a good thing to do because there are actually lots of hackers out there that can get your personal data and the worst thing can happen, to lose your money and stolen by them. That is why you should delete every log in information you do, or kindly use incognito when you are logging in. Also, avoid clicking some advertisements online because that might be a virus or a way that hackers to steal your data. Even if you are using your personal device, you should still delete or do not save passwords because what if you misplace your device and someone gets it, at least your fund is safe.
Cookies save the passwords so that you don't need to ever login and just type the URL like gmail to login your email account.

Totally agree with you, you are absolutely right.
All the trouble is cookies

*edit*
Clear cache & cookies(In the Chrome app)
#1: On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app Chrome.
#2: At the top right, tap More (three dots)
#3: Tap History and then Clear browsing data.
#4: At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
#5: Next to "Cookies and site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
#6: Tap Clear data.
Done:

Chrome on PC.
#1: On your computer, open Chrome.
#2: At the top right, click More (three dots)
#3: Click More tools and then Clear browsing data
#4: At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time
#5: Click Clear data
Done
Reference: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en&oco=0

This was really a good recommendation to do. This might help us to keep on earning without being scammed or being hacked. The information you provided is useful to those people who don't know what cookies are. It is not actually a food, it is where all your personal data includes when you are using internet or browsing into a particular website.

XCANA

Activity: 1456
Merit: 148

View Profile
March 01, 2020, 05:37:45 PM
Merited by CryptoYar (1)

I already have experience with this like I accidentally click the save password and at that time

If this happens, the easy way to do this is to change your password, but it would be better if you never save passwords on the browser.

You're right but, let consider the possibility of the the public computer to have some hardware keyloggers which can easily capture your password entry during the action time. Saving password on a browser looks childish and in responsible of such person, some browsers can stole personal data for some dubious purposes. We must be careful of the type of browser we use to browse  some important site on the Web.

I will not use any public computer to browse because if the possibility of keyloggers.

CryptoYar (OP)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 638

View Profile
March 02, 2020, 03:22:04 AM

I already have experience with this like I accidentally click the save password and at that time

If this happens, the easy way to do this is to change your password, but it would be better if you never save passwords on the browser.

You're right but, let consider the possibility of the the public computer to have some hardware keyloggers which can easily capture your password entry during the action time. Saving password on a browser looks childish and in responsible of such person, some browsers can stole personal data for some dubious purposes. We must be careful of the type of browser we use to browse  some important site on the Web.

I will not use any public computer to browse because if the possibility of keyloggers.
Dude, this is a separate debate, currently I have said that saving passwords can be dangerous.
Kellogger  monitors the entire keyboard and is an advance level attack.
dvmmayowa

Activity: 122
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 03, 2020, 11:43:36 PM

Whenever I am accessing any website on my own personal device, I prefer saving my password rather than having to retype every single time I try logging in, however if the device isn't mine, then I wouldn't even try such because of the implications.
Its good you alert people anyways because some will even click on the save button despite knowing that the device isn't theirs.
LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
March 03, 2020, 11:58:00 PM

Yes, this must not be done if you are using a public computer and I don't recommend using a public computer or network when accessing your crypto accounts it is very risky. I think it is okay to save password if you own the computer or laptop. I have done this in college it is a simple trick but it really works.
Goodvalony

Activity: 616
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 04, 2020, 05:10:28 PM

This is for newbies but it is helpful. windows will always request for password whenever you try assessing password page in browsers.  this is an easy way of getting someone else password and i am sure this can work in other webpages apart from Facebook. one should be careful on how he he saves password and card details on his laptops and systems. apart from public systems. personal laptops can be a target. an attacker can view your passwords whenever he/she has access to your laptop. 
noorman0

Activity: 1764
Merit: 694

[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2020, 07:16:55 AM
Merited by masulum (1)

Chrome also offers password cloud storage, even suggesting strong passwords when on the registration page of every site that will be automatically saved in a gmail account (in a login state).

The storage requires password access to visibility the saved passwords. I haven't tried it whether the login data will also be filled automatically when logging in to a gmail account using another computer. However, Only by knowing our Gmail password, someone will be able to access all connected accounts without resetting the password which usually requires an additional recovery process. That's enough to make us lose everything quickly.

This space for rent.
Available in mid January 2024 - PM me
Fishmooney

Activity: 21
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 05, 2020, 07:08:08 PM

If someone is so stupid to save his password on a internet cafè...
Anyway op ty for the Tip. Wink

Anyway I think this users save their pass on the browser too.
lolxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2020, 07:15:16 PM

That is the easiest tricks to know someone's password.

Although if there is auto-save on then there is a list of passwords already happening in chrome. You can also see all the saved passwords by going to settings of chrome than in search type passwords, you will see a list of passwords where the users who used autosave you simply have to put the login passcode for the computer and you will have all the details. Using the internet cafe is not safe they can track your activity easily.

I do not understand why people use auto-save instead of google sync. Where you can use your account to add details and then log it out simple.

But I appreciate you have shared and many people will know who did not know about this before.

Regards
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18588

View Profile
March 05, 2020, 07:46:33 PM
Merited by lolxxxx (1)

Where you can use your account to add details and then log it out simple.
And if anyone hacks your Google account they have your password to everything. Or if they perform some simple social engineering and get your Google account password reset. Or steal your phone and reset it that way. Or sim jack you. Or your password is leaked in one of the many database breaches. Or because Google have been caught multiple times storing passwords in plain text. You are also placing complete trust in a closed source system. You are 100% confident that Google encrypt your passwords securely locally, transmit them securely, store them securely, are unable to access them, don't have a single rogue employee who might try to access the database, etc? Auto-saving your passwords to the browser or to your Google account are equally as risky.

Use an open source password manager such as KeePass, and encrypt the database.
lolxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2020, 07:54:23 PM
Merited by o_e_l_e_o (1)

Where you can use your account to add details and then log it out simple.
And if anyone hacks your Google account they have your password to everything. Or if they perform some simple social engineering and get your Google account password reset. Or steal your phone and reset it that way. Or sim jack you. Or your password is leaked in one of the many database breaches. Or because Google have been caught multiple times storing passwords in plain text. You are also placing complete trust in a closed source system. You are 100% confident that Google encrypt your passwords securely locally, transmit them securely, store them securely, are unable to access them, don't have a single rogue employee who might try to access the database, etc? Auto-saving your passwords to the browser or to your Google account are equally as risky.

Use an open source password manager such as KeePass, and encrypt the database.

Too many possibilities in a single comment. Agreed with you.

Anything can happen I agree. Well, I use 2fa for google account. I do not trust anything which is connected to the internet.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2020, 08:01:13 PM

I do not trust anything which is connected to the internet.
This is the correct approach. Locally encrypted database for your passwords. Airgapped or hardware wallets for your private keys. Seed phrases written down on paper.
masulum
Legendary

Merit: 1597

hmph..

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2020, 09:21:45 AM

The storage requires password access to visibility the saved passwords. I haven't tried it whether the login data will also be filled automatically when logging in to a gmail account using another computer. However, Only by knowing our Gmail password, someone will be able to access all connected accounts without resetting the password which usually requires an additional recovery process. That's enough to make us lose everything quickly.

I'm using this feature long time ago before I'm interest in bitcoins to get few cents Tongue

This is website lists that I've saved my password and syncronized with my Google account

For member, maybe didn't know about this,

How to know if you have syncronized saved Passwords? Very simple,

1. Login to your Google accounts.
2. Visit passwords.google.com
3. You will see your saved Password from first time you sync your gmail account with your chrome browser.

If you have important websites on this lists, please change your email address for safety. DWYOR if you are trying to use this features
And imagine if someday you are lost your Google account because being hacked, as noorman0, hacker can easy to open your account if you are saved your password in your account before.

HOLD...
bdbountyon

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2020, 10:07:01 AM

I don't think there are any concern if you use private computer at your home or office.
I have my password for email, and other regularly used sites.
But some one find my password for email and trying to blackmail me saying they have may password.
You need not to have any tension. Because hackers cannot enter your email with 2FA security. You can monitor any suspicious activities like login devise, Browser, IP address and many other alternatives.
Saved login will save my time. 
Taskford

Activity: 2576
Merit: 798

View Profile
March 06, 2020, 11:08:02 AM

I don't think there are any concern if you use private computer at your home or office.
I have my password for email, and other regularly used sites.
But some one find my password for email and trying to blackmail me saying they have may password.
You need not to have any tension. Because hackers cannot enter your email with 2FA security. You can monitor any suspicious activities like login devise, Browser, IP address and many other alternatives.
Saved login will save my time. 

As long as you don't give any access to anyone for sure your informations or wallets are safe but if someone log in on cafe or any public computer then they are at risk for any attacks and people should really value the importance of 2FA since if they spend time for setting it up they can sleep with peace since they are safe.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1039

Not your keys, not your coins!

View Profile
March 06, 2020, 02:26:58 PM

As long as you don't give any access to anyone for sure your informations or wallets are safe but if someone log in on cafe or any public computer then they are at risk for any attacks and people should really value the importance of 2FA since if they spend time for setting it up they can sleep with peace since they are safe.
Don't give access of wallets or computers to the others are only one of protective activities. There are some bad habits nowadays people tend do and don't realize that they full disclose their personal details to third-party companies. When those companies have data leaks or sell their customers' data to other parties, you are at risks.

In a nutshell, don't save your personal details on third-party platforms: cloud-based storage platforms, online spreadsheets from Google, ie.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2020, 09:32:14 AM

Because hackers cannot enter your email with 2FA security.
people should really value the importance of 2FA since if they spend time for setting it up they can sleep with peace since they are safe.
2FA does not make you 100% safe or immune to being hacked. It is a useful addition to your security set up, but it should not be treated as foolproof, and should not solely relied upon. If you use a SMS based 2FA method, then the additional security it provides is actually quite low. SMS messages can be intercepted or redirected, and SIM jacking is a relatively straightforward attack with a little bit of social engineering. An authenticator app is better, but unfortunately most people use Google Authenticator, which can be reset or have its back up codes accessed by anyone who can hack your email account. A physical 2FA hardware key is the best option.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: