Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:48:00 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB Obelisk SC1 miners...gen1 three slots or gen 2 two slot units or parts :)BUY  (Read 736 times)
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 04:57:37 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2020, 09:19:23 PM by Searing

In the last 6 days, mining profits on these units are down 61.69% with whatever pump and dump reason on top of the BTC dump in price which,

as I type BTC looks like it is gonna go below 9K. I'm looking for cheap units from folks who have made their profits on these units and want to bail out.

( 6 days ago Siacoin price was 0.003600 and currently today it is at 0.002221) that is a 61.69% decrease in price and/or mining profits. Yech!

So don't get your hopes up boys and girls, but I may take a chance and buy some of these prices are right. But with the current BTC/Crypto sh*tstorm it

may be very 'difficult' to put it mildly to make any kind of deal..but what the heck....I'm a stupid 'optimistic type'...so made this posting here.

Currently, an Obelisk SC1 1st batch with 3 cards is 800gh at 750 watts and a 2 card unit conservatively would do 500gh supposedly at 500 watts..supposedly or so it states on eBay auctions,

which are 'insanely high' by the way...and this is why I'm posting here.

https://www.whattomine.com/coins/161-sc-sia

A 'supposed' 3 board full batch 1 SC1 model unit will run at 800gh and 750watts makes at 10c kWh exactly  $0.45 USD by using this calculator

(put the values in above with your electric costs per kWh)  

So call me stupid, but considering buying some in I think this dump may be a bit more and some recovery will happen...but again, be realistic on my 'guess'

and what has happened in the last 6 days.

You can post your views here....people can look at my past escrow and or such on here via Trust Settings or suggest someone we can use in escrow should

some deal comes to pass.

So, I'm betting on this dump being excessive and looking for those with Obelisk SC1 Siacoin Miner equipment (only Obelisk brand does Blake2b-Sia now FYI)

that what to trim their amount of miners or are taking their past profits on these used machines and selling them here and/or just getting out of Siacoin Mining.

Anyway, again feel free to PM me or hell hash out the likely 'demise' of my plan here as being silly, I don't mind...on the thread here...I'm just 'winging it' here.

Do your own research and double-check my work and calculations above to your satisfaction and let me know if you want to sell any via pm or on this thread.

And for all of us good luck and hope that BTC/Crypto recovers enough where our 'dubious' hardware purchases of whatever flavor of Algo or ASIC improves

beyond the sh*tstorm we seem to be in now. Sad

thanks

Brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Truthchanter

Activity: 689
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 03:10:29 PM

I have a few SC1 and may be willing to sell at least one of them, do you have an asking price?
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 04:02:25 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2020, 04:14:44 PM by Searing

I have a few SC1 and may be willing to sell at least one of them, do you have an asking price?

a lot less than 7 days ago when they made $2.10 a day and now make (as I look at below link)

https://www.whattomine.com/coins/161-sc-sia or now 44c per on my 3 card unit(s) I got then. FML. Sad

Using this calculator at my 10c kWh electric (all included with setup/fixes)

At 250gh per board, I get the following for a 500mh 500-watt 2 card setup SC1 I'm making 28c a day over $1.48 in electric

thus won't offer much...what do you think you need... I assume it is not being recently used?

Anyway..you'd be selling in fear of a dump...I'd be buying in hopes of a pump..flip a coin....ugly indeed!

Quite a  day from 7 days ago...when the same unit made 77c per day...still ugly...but now with these prices, it has moved into brutal.

The only reason I'm mining is that I bought of course units at the high, like 7 days ago only! FML.

When a 3 card unit made $2.10 a day, after electric.

Now the same 3 card unit makes (using above calculator link) makes 44c a day, after electric. Indeed check my calculations.

So I am in a position where I HAVE to mine/hope in that I jumped in at 'obviously' the worst time. Others who have made profits

may want to just plain get out, because they have made their profits and don't want to do the hassle of 44c per loaded machine in working on such.

pm me if you wish...not sure what is fair to pay..but we can at least discuss, (cry?) about my lack of timing in buying and your lack of faith in selling. Smiley

But again, I'm pretty much 'forced' to mine these...others maybe not so much. You could say I timed my buy of 7 days ago, really, really, bad huh?

later

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
OliverC

Activity: 192
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 29, 2020, 04:10:31 PM

👍🏻
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 01, 2020, 04:25:54 AM

Just an aside when Siacoin to BTC was at the high on 2/13/20 or about 26 days ago...(I purchased miner 10 days ago) they made $2.10 a day, with flat difficulty.

Now today that same miner makes 39c per day. So what works on a rising market...sure as hell don't work on a ASIC's on a falling market. You can have everything

planned out well. (Believe me, the 20/20 hindsight was well....damn good on paper) but alas a 'black swan' event like this coronavirus can really mess up your plans.

Anyway, for your amusement and consideration. Man do we need a pump in price for BTC/Crypto. This is 'beyond' ugly indeed!

later

Brad

OliverC

View Profile
March 04, 2020, 07:18:08 PM

Don’t pay more then $50
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 04, 2020, 11:49:23 PM

Don’t pay more then $50

Yeah, and the only reason I'd do that is that I bought these at the high when a 3 board unit was making like $2.10 a day profit with my 'dubious' 10c kWh rate.

But yeah, $50 with escrow would be about it. They always arrive with heatsinks off..and no other fix I know of that you can do on these obelisk sc1 boards but fix

the heatsinks/clean with alcohol and with the heatsinks the contact stick foil to put them back on. As far as I can tell, once done, a bad board by appearance can't be

told from a good board. I don't suppose, besides the heatsink fix on anything a person gets there is any electronics folk that fix these puppies? Probably impossible,

but figured I'd ask. Any working I did get at the above $50 price all it does for me know would be to 'lower' my other 28 blades I paid way too much for. Well what

works on a 'rising' market in BTC/Crypto sure don't work in a falling market ASIC equipment-wise. Ah, well, not that big a deal, but I sure got flat-footed on this last stock

market/virus enthusiastic dump in price and mining revenue in that last couple weeks. Sad

OliverC

View Profile
March 05, 2020, 12:14:29 AM

If your heatsinks are falling off or some are still using those plastic clips to hold them down,just order some arctic silver thermal adhesive from amazon and remove them all,clean and glue them down to the chips.And throw those plastic clips out 😉
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 05, 2020, 01:35:11 AM

If your heatsinks are falling off or some are still using those plastic clips to hold them down,just order some arctic silver thermal adhesive from amazon and remove them all,clean and glue them down to the chips.And throw those plastic clips out 😉

yeah, we have done that with great success...they also run just fine on their side...but seems like there are NO other components on the bad boards you can test if they go bad,

the whole board goes bad. So anything else I can tell an electronic tech to look for that is wrong on these boards beside the obvious heat sinks falling off and running them on their side...

and of course good airflow?

The boards look fine, no real heat or anything else, they look just like the working boards, especially with the re-done heatsinks, etc. They just do a good imitation of a 'brick' Sad

anyway, so it goes

later

Brad

Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 07, 2020, 07:52:29 AM

I'm currently thinking $75 a board or for a 3 board SC1 unit $225 plus shipping for such a unit.

All working boards. Escrow through me. (see Trust) or somebody else. Whichever.

At current prices of Siacoin and the above 3 board unit now making (after my electric at 10c kWh) and being 'used' equipment and all..it makes currently from

this calculator https://www.whattomine.com/coins/161-sc-sia at 750gh at 750 watts = $0.25 per day profit at $1.80 electric use.

As you can see I'm betting on a Bitcoin/Crypto pump to raise all boats. Smiley Wrong or Right what I'm willing to pay today. Units we have gotten seem to pretty much hit 750gh max.

This 'whim' could change at any time via the 'pucker factor' of risk vs price changes. Smiley IF I commit to a 'buy' via PM I will stick to such. I miss those 2013 handshake deals Smiley

So I know there are a 'lot' of these units out in the world that has been 'pulled' from data  halls for the obvious reasons, either for non-payment or just the

fact, they are getting new equipment (usually Bitmain) and as a data hall of any size, you can't really afford 750-watt units and make 25c a day on them after electric.

So, I'm being 'silly' probably and making a 'speculative' bet that rising BTC/Crypto/Altcoin prices 'raise' all boats, even Siacoin. Let me know if you have such laying about

for my above reasons. Smiley Again, this offer is only as good as my 'pucker factor' stays intact and I don't lose my nerve. But I know these units are 'piling up' and thus my offer here.

Again, escrow if you feel the need, or again escrow through myself (see profile) whichever you are comfortable with me on Bitcointalk.

(re-read above...jeez..this is 'dubious' as heck!)

later

Brad

Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 19, 2020, 06:54:44 PM

WTB Gen2-Gen 4 Dual Slims or Dual Singles (1 heatsink models) 1.1 TH at 900 watts.

Pretty much full up on Gen 1's at 800gh and 750 watts, all 3 board (full) units, unless you simply 'giving them' away, at this point in time Smiley

So our 'dubious' faith in POW mining continues (long term) for after this Black Swan Event and BTC Halving and other

related 'craziness' works itself out. (we hope) Smiley

PM me if interested in moving them. I'll tell you what I've been picking them up at and maybe make an offer.

hang in there, this too shall pass (or why the hell am I buying used obelisk blake2b-sia miners?

Searing

Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 02, 2020, 01:49:54 AM

needless to say..with the price pump on BTC and Siacoin ..willing to pay more...contact me via PM....sh*t got real it seems. Smiley

Brad

Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 10, 2020, 09:18:14 PM

With the current BTC/Crypto/Siacoin Price Dump I'm still looking to buy Obelisk 1st Gen 3 board units. A 3 board would be 800gh at 750 watts.

Also any 2nd-4th gen Single Board (2 slots) units at 550gh @450 watts or 2nd-4th gen DUAL card units (both slots filled) at 1100gh and 900 watts.

Not offering a great amount..but placing a bet that BTC/Crypto/Siacoin will come back and this is a long term IF such comes back of 'hopefully' under a

ONE year ROI.

To be truthful, you can take my bet and just mine them and make do what I'm doing as a long term bet.

or

You can sell them to me or someone else and takes the BTC/Crypto/Siacoin or whatever at these prices and HODL.

Me, bored, pandemic and all, ASIC miner addicted...stuff to do.

Hopefully...either of the above will get us to the same place, but if you are tired of hosting these units and have your ROI already and wish to sell

contact me. Check out my Profile https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=99165 my Trust Rating is 24+ been on www.bitcointalk.org 7 years 1 month.

We can do 'handshake' deal and/or escrow.

Also, remember you 'likely' can get a better price off of eBay if you want to wait..this This is always the case for most ASIC equipment of any flavor..just to be upfront.

Whatever you choose, sell or keep and mine them, we all better wish for these BTC/Crypto/Siacoin or whatever flavored crypto coin to pump in value or none of us

will be 'sweating' mining or buying this Obelisk equipment in 20/20 hindsight...we will have way, way worse problems than that! Knock Wood!

anyway, PM me if you need to move some of these or even some parts of either model above

later

Brad

Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 18, 2020, 06:25:27 PM

Still looking for Obelisk SC1s Gen 1 (3 slot units) or Gen 2 (2 slot units)...

but also looking for any non-working for parts/fans/cases/etc

thanks

Brad

Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 31, 2020, 12:14:56 AM

Still looking, mainly for Gen 2 Slim Duals at 1.2TH and 750 watts. Price with shipping I have been getting them at is $150, again that includes shipping. (actually about $146.88...to be clear)

The above are the more modern and slim 2 slot units.

For the Gen 1 Obelisk 3 slot units, which run at around 800gh and 750 watts also, we have been getting them for $125 or so and that is including Shipping.

Shipping has been around $25 from most places FYI.

Sorry for the prices....we MAY go a bit higher depending on our "pucker factor' on all this. Probably we would be better off just buying BTC/Crypto of whatever flavor Algorithm. But pandemic

and all we are bored, so go figure.  You can also NOT sell to us and just keep your units above on the same bet we are making that things are gonna turn around..but If you've ROI'd already

and don't want to bother with these beasts anymore we may buy some.

End of plug. Wink

Brad

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: