Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:39:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What would you consider is the best newcomer POW/POS coin in 2020. VOTE here!
Talleo (TLO) - 1 (10%)
Bitvaluta (BTV) - 6 (60%)
MicroPaymentCoin (MPC) - 2 (20%)
MimbleWimbleCoin (MWC) - 0 (0%)
Idena (DNA) - 1 (10%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: **Best POW/POS newcomer coin in 2020**  (Read 641 times)
Mindin (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 03:41:02 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2020, 04:14:50 PM by Mindin

Very hard to find collective information on these new POW/POS coins.

It's also very hard to tell the good from the bad ones, that's why I invite you the forumparticipants to share some of your views and wisdom about this topic.

Your opinion is valued and very much appreciated.

Please don't just shill the coins you hold, but please give the readers insight into what you think can benefit the whole community.

If you have an opinion on the coins in the poll, or you would like to see a coin added to the poll, please share your view with the rest of us.

Requirements to enter a coin into the poll;

1. Must not be older than 6 months (give or take a few weeks).
2. Must have it's own blockchain.
3. Must have a webpage.
4. No ETH tokens.

Tell us what you think and vote for your choice of BEST NEWCOMER COIN OF 2020!!!
Have fun!

Smiley Grin Smiley
Samthehero

Activity: 393

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 03:50:43 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2020, 07:01:52 AM by Samthehero

These new coins are hard to rate as good or bad as of yet since they've been around such a short time. I'm gonna have to check them out further until I can give a final answer.

Another thing is that as far as I can see none of them are at an exchange yet.

Edit 27.feb;
Cant find these on coinmarketcap, but i found this for info;

https://www.talleo.org/
https://bitvaluta.org/ (giving away some free BTV at forum).
https://www.micropaymentcoin.com/
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1507

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 06:54:49 PM

Lol! Let's take a look at their prices first. These prices are based on Coingecko as none of them are listed on coinmarketcap.

Talleo (TLO): $0.00008784
Bitvaluta (BTV): No information whatsoever
MicroPaymentCoin (MPC): $0.00030785

No of these coins have reached to such a level where we can really debate on whether they are best newcomers of 2020. Personally, I believe the best POS coin for 2020 will be ETH once they move to POS algorithm this year.

Samthehero

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 08:37:38 PM

Lol! Let's take a look at their prices first. These prices are based on Coingecko as none of them are listed on coinmarketcap.

No of these coins have reached to such a level where we can really debate on whether they are best newcomers of 2020. Personally, I believe the best POS coin for 2020 will be ETH once they move to POS algorithm this year.

I agree that ETH can be a good POS coin when they change it over later this year.

I think new coins like these can sometimes be interesting, it all depends on the plans and followthrough of the devs.

Since they're new they are often very cheap, and for instance Bitvaluta doesn't even have an exchange yet, so hard to tell what that one could be worth. I can see that they are giving out some free coins at their forum https://forum.bitvaluta.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13

Whats the marketcap for TLO and MPC?
livingfree

Activity: 2828
Merit: 578

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 08:45:00 PM

With the conditions given, I don't have anything to suggest but why consider only the newer ones if the older ones are more reliable, trustworthy and they have been with their own community for a long time?

Honestly, the poll and choices, I am not familiar with any of them. I'll avoid the newest coins as much as possible if you plan to invest long term using it as POS.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Samthehero

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 09:41:04 PM

With the conditions given, I don't have anything to suggest but why consider only the newer ones if the older ones are more reliable, trustworthy and they have been with their own community for a long time?

Honestly, the poll and choices, I am not familiar with any of them. I'll avoid the newest coins as much as possible if you plan to invest long term using it as POS.

I'm not familiar with any of them either, and probably neither are anybody else, and that's the whole point. Every coin was new at some point in time AND CHEAP, Bitcoin was cheap when it was new, Ethereum was cheap when it was new, most coins were cheap when they were new.
That's why I think some new coins are interesting, IF they have a quality team behind them that know what they are doing and have a solid plan going forward.

Sure you can buy a basket of BTC, LTC and ETH now and hope for the best, but they will never go up 10fold or 100fold in price, but some of these new coins might in the future, considering they are dirt cheap right now because noone has heard of them and some aren't even listed yet.

What would you rather have bought of ETH at $0.43 in 2015, or $228 right now. Take into consideration that in 2015 it was new and the altmarket was in the dumps and not that many people could be bothered about ETH. Thats a 400fold rise in $terms. I want to find the next 400folder.
livingfree

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 09:54:29 PM

I'm not familiar with any of them either, and probably neither are anybody else, and that's the whole point. Every coin was new at some point in time AND CHEAP, Bitcoin was cheap when it was new, Ethereum was cheap when it was new, most coins were cheap when they were new.
That's why I think some new coins are interesting, IF they have a quality team behind them that know what they are doing and have a solid plan going forward.

Sure you can buy a basket of BTC, LTC and ETH now and hope for the best, but they will never go up 10fold or 100fold in price, but some of these new coins might in the future, considering they are dirt cheap right now because noone has heard of them and some aren't even listed yet.

What would you rather have bought of ETH at $0.43 in 2015, or $228 right now. Take into consideration that in 2015 it was new and the altmarket was in the dumps and not that many people could be bothered about ETH.
I understand the whole idea you're getting here. And that's all in my mind before but as the market proceeds and time goes by, many of the newer coins before didn't managed to excel and just dying on the way.

The market trend changes, we've managed to see 2017 were tons of ICO and new projects existed but many of them died and plunged in value. And by 2018, still many new projects came out but only few survived.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Samthehero

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 10:12:06 PM

What would you rather have bought of ETH at $0.43 in 2015, or $228 right now. Take into consideration that in 2015 it was new and the altmarket was in the dumps and not that many people could be bothered about ETH.
I understand the whole idea you're getting here. And that's all in my mind before but as the market proceeds and time goes by, many of the newer coins before didn't managed to excel and just dying on the way.

The market trend changes, we've managed to see 2017 were tons of ICO and new projects existed but many of them died and plunged in value. And by 2018, still many new projects came out but only few survived.

Yes, well the problem with those ICO's in my opinion is that 95+ percent of them are simply money grabbing hit and run scams. It's very hard to find the true gems hidden in the torrent of scams that wants our hard earned money.
I think what is important is the projects intent. Is the intent to try to build something genuine with realworld usage, or simply to try to steal our money and laugh all the way to the bank. Hard to tell a lot of the times when they are new and unproven.

Would be great though if we could come up with a list of NEW PROJECTS that aren't pure scams.
livingfree

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 10:29:51 PM

Yes, well the problem with those ICO's in my opinion is that 95+ percent of them are simply money grabbing hit and run scams. It's very hard to find the true gems hidden in the torrent of scams that wants our hard earned money.
I think what is important is the projects intent. Is the intent to try to build something genuine with realworld usage, or simply to try to steal our money and laugh all the way to the bank. Hard to tell a lot of the times when they are new and unproven.

Would be great though if we could come up with a list of NEW PROJECTS that aren't pure scams.
Right, many have been caught red-flagged and made just for the sake of the money machine. I literally understand why you are open with the new projects but as someone who has noticed the drop in the market and the rate of these projects.

I can say that looking for that ideal project that you have mentioned, there's still hope. There's still some legit projects that do aim for good and not just for the sake of making quick bucks with what they are developing.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Battle1doom

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2020, 06:51:21 AM

Would you consider Zilliqa. Know it is older than six months.
Mighty_crypt

Activity: 784
Merit: 21

View Profile
February 27, 2020, 06:55:45 AM

It's not about finding them, I was like this in the past where I stay focused on new coins only thinking I can find gems easily this way but I end up with dead coins after few months, not all new POW coins are genuine, most of them are fake or pump and dump

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Samthehero

View Profile
February 27, 2020, 09:00:18 AM

It's not about finding them, I was like this in the past where I stay focused on new coins only thinking I can find gems easily this way but I end up with dead coins after few months, not all new POW coins are genuine, most of them are fake or pump and dump

You must have had really bad luck trying to find the "gems". I try to read up on a project before starting to mine it or buy coins. That way I avoid coins being "dead after few months".

Do some recearch before getting involved in a coin.
Winscosinally

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 27, 2020, 09:38:49 AM

I can start naming coins that feels so good in the past but aren't doing great now, mostly new cryptonight coins that I mine at the time, Turtle coin, Electroneum, Coal, Recoal, Mask etc are all crap except electroneum,
Samthehero

View Profile
February 27, 2020, 11:51:55 AM

I can start naming coins that feels so good in the past but aren't doing great now, mostly new cryptonight coins that I mine at the time, Turtle coin, Electroneum, Coal, Recoal, Mask etc are all crap except electroneum,

Would you consider them scam coins, or do you think they just didn't put in the amount of effort needed by the devs?
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 27, 2020, 02:12:39 PM

Does it have to be new? I mean maybe you can invest into something older? As we all know here the new coins that are not tested by time are usually bad investments and that is exactly why many people suggest staying away from them until they prove themselves to be a good contender. I personally wouldn't go into anything that is not 6 months old, I probably stay away from all the new ones under 1 year and aim at staying away from under 2 year as well.

I personally have bitcoin, ethereum stuff like that but if I had to do any PoS coin I would probably go with tezos, cosmos, waves and stuff like that because like them or dislike them but we all know what they are and who the creators and how the coin is doing which is all it matters for me and at least I can be sure for what I am investing into.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Battle1doom

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2020, 04:21:03 PM

Does it have to be new? I mean maybe you can invest into something older? As we all know here the new coins that are not tested by time are usually bad investments and that is exactly why many people suggest staying away from them until they prove themselves to be a good contender. I personally wouldn't go into anything that is not 6 months old, I probably stay away from all the new ones under 1 year and aim at staying away from under 2 year as well.

I personally have bitcoin, ethereum stuff like that but if I had to do any PoS coin I would probably go with tezos, cosmos, waves and stuff like that because like them or dislike them but we all know what they are and who the creators and how the coin is doing which is all it matters for me and at least I can be sure for what I am investing into.

I've got this feeling people dont want to spread the word about what they would consider to be good startup coins, they want to mine those in peace first and load up as much as possible. Afterwards when they have what they want they tell others to buy and mine.
So does it have to be new, this poll is about new coins, not old projects with an already high marketcap.

The coins that have been tested by time, then you basically missed the train at the station so to speak in regards to getting in early when the price is low and the pools arent swamped with miners, like todays Ethereum and other older projects are.
Samthehero

View Profile
February 27, 2020, 05:04:24 PM

I look at new to about 2 year old coins. Older than that they are mostly too expensive or mostly abandoned. The problem with coins being too expensive is that if they somehow fail, or get abandoned,or is replaced by a better tech coin, then there is no bottom and you lose a small fortune.

There is also a huge point missing in this debate, and that is new coins can come up with superiour new tech blowing the competition away. Like the pc's did with the typewriters in the 70's, and Bitcoin is 10+ years old, it may be this typewriter and get killed off in the years to come by something much better tech coming up soon.
vycl87

Activity: 1204
Merit: 630

View Profile
February 27, 2020, 05:17:15 PM

I am not sure about these 3 coins that can make it.
I respect everyone's investment plans but these ones seem untrustable. In fact, I am looking at only Binance Chain Alliance for now. Because they are selecting projects meticulously for Alliance. And this month, we saw that 3 coins from that alliance were listed on Binance, catch the great hype.
Still, Bitcoin dominance is so high. So all altcoins are affected by the price of Bitcoin. That's why we still need to keep an eye on Bitcoin when making an investment decision.
Samthehero

View Profile
February 27, 2020, 09:47:51 PM

I am not sure about these 3 coins that can make it.
I respect everyone's investment plans but these ones seem untrustable. In fact, I am looking at only Binance Chain Alliance for now. Because they are selecting projects meticulously for Alliance. And this month, we saw that 3 coins from that alliance were listed on Binance, catch the great hype.
Still, Bitcoin dominance is so high. So all altcoins are affected by the price of Bitcoin. That's why we still need to keep an eye on Bitcoin when making an investment decision.

Do you have any tips on who might actually make it, that is kind of new and interesting? Binance Chain Alliance sounds like a closed loop to me.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1454

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 01:45:23 AM

@Mindin. Mimblewimblecoin hehehe?

I predict that 2020 and 2021 will be the hype of Mimblewimble privacy technology hehehe. Litecoin have begun adopting it. The next adopters might be the other old altcoins similar to dogecoin. The last would be the scamcoins hehehehe.

With a provable supply cap of 20,000,000, MWC is a scarce pure proof of work Mimblewimble based coin that enables greater network scalability, privacy and fungibility than legacy blockchain protocols. All transactions on the base layer use Greg Maxwell's Coin Join with his Confidential Transactions and signature aggregation. MWC is the technologically superior ghost money.

https://www.mwc.mw/

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███