Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:48:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please Help Test Armory 0.91-beta!  (Read 21272 times)
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:46:20 PM

0.90.99.7 is occasionally freezing on me on OS X 10.9.2, just sitting at the main window idle. I've only noticed so far when switching back after leaving it in the background for a while. It beachballs and shows "Disconnected", without me being able to do anything. The first few times it did that, it came back after 3 - 5 minutes, but it just got stuck for about 20 or 30 minutes before I did a force quit.

Last logfile entry:
2014-04-04 19:25 (INFO) -- announcefetch.py:249 - Fetching: https://s3.amazonaws.com/bitcoinarmory-media/announce.txt?ver=0.90.99.7
(Is there some additional logging level I failed to turn on?)

Doesn't use up much CPU when it's doing that, either.

There is no higher verbose level available to you without rebuilding from source. You're experiencing this issue on OSX 10.9.2. With have had some trouble so far delivering a stable experience on OSX. We recently stabilized 10.9.1 and Apple recently updated .9.2 which got us in trouble again.

If you want to help isolating the issue, do the following: if you can easily reproduce the issue, try and reproduce it on another OS. If you fail to, then this is a pure OSX issue. At this point save your current log file, delete it from Armory's datadir, then reproduce the error, and send us both log files with your observations. This would take us a quite a few steps forward in fixing the issue.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
doug_armory

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

Senior Developer - Armory

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 04:42:09 PM

0.90.99.7 is occasionally freezing on me on OS X 10.9.2, just sitting at the main window idle. I've only noticed so far when switching back after leaving it in the background for a while. It beachballs and shows "Disconnected", without me being able to do anything. The first few times it did that, it came back after 3 - 5 minutes, but it just got stuck for about 20 or 30 minutes before I did a force quit.

Last logfile entry:
2014-04-04 19:25 (INFO) -- announcefetch.py:249 - Fetching: https://s3.amazonaws.com/bitcoinarmory-media/announce.txt?ver=0.90.99.7
(Is there some additional logging level I failed to turn on?)

Doesn't use up much CPU when it's doing that, either.

There is no higher verbose level available to you without rebuilding from source. You're experiencing this issue on OSX 10.9.2. With have had some trouble so far delivering a stable experience on OSX. We recently stabilized 10.9.1 and Apple recently updated .9.2 which got us in trouble again.

If you want to help isolating the issue, do the following: if you can easily reproduce the issue, try and reproduce it on another OS. If you fail to, then this is a pure OSX issue. At this point save your current log file, delete it from Armory's datadir, then reproduce the error, and send us both log files with your observations. This would take us a quite a few steps forward in fixing the issue.

Agreed. I've received reports of similar issues but have had a lot of trouble reproducing most of them. The closest I've come is that Armory will sometimes take about 30-60s in order to shut down, but it will shut down eventually. (That being said, I've noticed that BC-Core can also take a little while to shut down as of 0.9.)

Senior Developer -  Armory Technologies, Inc.
forever3x

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:14:11 PM

Still can't open a wallet with lots of transactions in 0.90.99.7. Repeating errors:

2014-04-06 23:09 (ERROR) -- BDM.py:1383 - Error processing BDM input
2014-04-06 23:09 (ERROR) -- BDM.py:1385 - Received inputTuple: Passthrough [15, 4547982, True, 'scanRegisteredTxForWallet', <CppBlockUtils.BtcWallet; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'std::vector< BtcWallet * >::value_type' at 0x1a50c91b0> >, None]
2014-04-06 23:09 (ERROR) -- BDM.py:1386 - Error processing ID (4547982)
2014-04-06 23:09 (ERROR) -- BDM.py:1387 - ERROR:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/armoryengine/BDM.py", line 1343, in run
    output = getattr(self.bdm, funcName)(*funcArgs)
  File "/Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/CppBlockUtils.py", line 1882, in scanRegisteredTxForWallet
    def scanRegisteredTxForWallet(self, *args): return _CppBlockUtils.BlockDataManager_LevelDB_scanRegisteredTxForWallet(self, *args)
NotImplementedError: Wrong number or type of arguments for overloaded function 'BlockDataManager_LevelDB_scanRegisteredTxForWallet'.
  Possible C/C++ prototypes are:
    BlockDataManager_LevelDB::scanRegisteredTxForWallet(BtcWallet &,uint32_t,uint32_t)
    BlockDataManager_LevelDB::scanRegisteredTxForWallet(BtcWallet &,uint32_t)
    BlockDataManager_LevelDB::scanRegisteredTxForWallet(BtcWallet &)

2014-04-06 23:09 (ERROR) -- ArmoryQt.py:5947 - Error in heartbeat function
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/ArmoryQt.py", line 5850, in Heartbeat
    self.finishLoadBlockchain()
  File "/Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/armoryengine/Timer.py", line 99, in inner
    ret = func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/ArmoryQt.py", line 2557, in finishLoadBlockchain
    self.createCombinedLedger()
  File "/Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/armoryengine/Timer.py", line 99, in inner
    ret = func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/ArmoryQt.py", line 2720, in createCombinedLedger
    unconfFunds += wlt.getBalance('Unconfirmed')
  File "/Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/armoryengine/PyBtcWallet.py", line 401, in getBalance
    return self.cppWallet.getUnconfirmedBalance(currBlk, IGNOREZC)
  File "/Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/CppBlockUtils.py", line 1713, in getUnconfirmedBalance
    def getUnconfirmedBalance(self, *args): return _CppBlockUtils.BtcWallet_getUnconfirmedBalance(self, *args)
NotImplementedError: Wrong number or type of arguments for overloaded function 'BtcWallet_getUnconfirmedBalance'.
  Possible C/C++ prototypes are:
    BtcWallet::getUnconfirmedBalance(uint32_t,bool)
    BtcWallet::getUnconfirmedBalance(uint32_t)
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 03:14:44 PM

Try .91

etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 03:18:24 PM

Sorry guys, running around like a chicken with my head cut off.  I did post 0.91 yesterday.  We have a conference tomorrow, and I'll be out for a few days.  Of course changing from X.XX-testing to X.XX-beta broke the notifications... gonna have to tweak some things.  But it is posted on our website.  We'll send out something to the email list too Smiley  (sign up on the webpage).

@forever3x:  I am going to guess you have lots of transactions.  Like thousands?  We are aware that we have a problems with that, and we're not exactly sure of a good short-term solution.  But any information about the wallet would be useful so we can try to run with a wallet like it to fix it in the future.

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
amix

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:51:00 PM

using armory .91 windows 7 x64 system. Receiving this error - dont think it completes downloading the block chain whne it springs up.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the applications support team for more information.

been getting this for  a while now - tried the updates, bitcoin updates too, reinstalled the c++ libraries no effect can anyone help out or point me in right direction please.

goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:07:42 AM

Anyone else getting a "Wallet Corruption Found!!!" error after installing either 0.90.99.7 or 0.91-beta?

I'm a little concerned as it wants me to enter my pass phrase to fix the wallet.

That means fix your wallet. It will appear again and again until you fix your wallet, as it will keep on running into the same wallet corruption.

If you're uncertain about the corruption, copy and paste your error log in PMs, or create a ticket for it.

using armory .91 windows 7 x64 system. Receiving this error - dont think it completes downloading the block chain whne it springs up.

Runtime Error!

been getting this for  a while now - tried the updates, bitcoin updates too, reinstalled the c++ libraries no effect can anyone help out or point me in right direction please.

Does Armory crash before you get to see the GUI, or do you crash halfway through sync/build/scan? Can you start Armory in offline mode?

forever3x

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:15:56 AM

@forever3x:  I am going to guess you have lots of transactions.  Like thousands?  We are aware that we have a problems with that, and we're not exactly sure of a good short-term solution.  But any information about the wallet would be useful so we can try to run with a wallet like it to fix it in the future.

Sent you a PM. Thank you etotheipi.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 09:57:24 AM

Tested 0.91-beta on OSX 10.9.2

Beautiful update, only quirk is that it seems that one of the few bugs I had with 0.90-beta, which was Armory crashing after the system went on sleep and QT out of sync is still not solved... Now it doesn't crash completely, it just freezes and I have to force it to close.

One of the updates I consider more important is the "safe download" option: I have to admit that downloading a new version from the webpage and verifying the files manually had me a little nervous, I feel much more comfortable by having a trusted and automatic way to download updates.

unbalancedeq

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:09:36 AM

Are there Version 0.91-beta: Signed hashes available? there doesn't seem to be a link on the download page
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:19:20 AM

Are there Version 0.91-beta: Signed hashes available? there doesn't seem to be a link on the download page

FYI:

Could someone tell me where to get the signed hash for the Mac version of 0.91?  It seems to be missing from the download page.

Thanks

roy

Sorry, my new release script forgot to pull it from the offline computer.  It will be posted to the website shortly.  Until then:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/bitcoinarmory-media/armory_0.91-beta_sha256.txt.asc

amix

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:31:45 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2014, 08:17:27 PM by amix

Anyone else getting a "Wallet Corruption Found!!!" error after installing either 0.90.99.7 or 0.91-beta?

I'm a little concerned as it wants me to enter my pass phrase to fix the wallet.

That means fix your wallet. It will appear again and again until you fix your wallet, as it will keep on running into the same wallet corruption.

If you're uncertain about the corruption, copy and paste your error log in PMs, or create a ticket for it.

Runtime Error!

been getting this for  a while now - tried the updates, bitcoin updates too, reinstalled the c++ libraries no effect can anyone help out or point me in right direction please.

Does Armory crash before you get to see the GUI, or do you crash halfway through sync/build/scan? Can you start Armory in offline mode?

Yes i get to see the GUI, and its appears to crash towards the end of the scan about 93%. And yes i can use it in offline mode.
In both offline and normal mode my wallet balance is blank - is this normal until its completed the download of the block chain?

it used to work fine and it was around the time i upgrade to bitcoin 0.9. so i downgraded which didnt help, also tried reinstalling both bitcoin and armory, and the runtime c++ library files. bitcoin is x64 - also tried the x86 build of bitcoin no joy.

EDIT:: it crashes at 95%
runeks
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 12:25:29 PM

One small bug: in Settings, under "Set Armory as default URL handler", when I click "Set Armory as default", the popup that appears says:

Armory just attempted to register itself to handle "bitcoin:" links, but this does not work on all operating systems. You can test it by going to the Bitcoin Armory website and clicking the link at the bottom of the homepage.

but there is no such link at the bottom of the homepage.

goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:16:43 AM

Yes i get to see the GUI, and its appears to crash towards the end of the scan about 93%. And yes i can use it in offline mode.
In both offline and normal mode my wallet balance is blank - is this normal until its completed the download of the block chain?

it used to work fine and it was around the time i upgrade to bitcoin 0.9. so i downgraded which didnt help, also tried reinstalling both bitcoin and armory, and the runtime c++ library files. bitcoin is x64 - also tried the x86 build of bitcoin no joy.

First thing to do is to rebuild the database. Go to help -> Rebuild and Rescan Databases

In offline mode you will never see your balance.

You dont get to see your balance when trying to get online because it never finishes loading.

If deleting the DB doesnt get you any further, create a ticket.

doug_armory

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

Senior Developer - Armory

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 02:28:08 AM

Tested 0.91-beta on OSX 10.9.2

Beautiful update, only quirk is that it seems that one of the few bugs I had with 0.90-beta, which was Armory crashing after the system went on sleep and QT out of sync is still not solved... Now it doesn't crash completely, it just freezes and I have to force it to close.

One of the updates I consider more important is the "safe download" option: I have to admit that downloading a new version from the webpage and verifying the files manually had me a little nervous, I feel much more comfortable by having a trusted and automatic way to download updates.

Thanks for the compliments, and sorry to hear about the freezes. I've heard multiple reports about this. The weird thing is that I haven't been able to reproduce it yet! If you see this again, can you file a ticket and include the logs (/Users/(Your Username)/Library/Application Support/Armory/armorycpplog.txt and armorylog.txt)?

While I'm here, thanks to everybody who came out to the Inside Bitcoins conference! It was great to hear the feedback - good and bad - about Armory and the Mac build. Keep the feedback and bug reports coming! Both help us improve Armory.

Senior Developer -  Armory Technologies, Inc.
amix

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:40:44 PM

First thing to do is to rebuild the database. Go to help -> Rebuild and Rescan Databases

In offline mode you will never see your balance.

You dont get to see your balance when trying to get online because it never finishes loading.

If deleting the DB doesnt get you any further, create a ticket.

Thanks that was just the trick its working perfectly now.

I was wondering if updating the bitcoin-qt caused this as it seemed to work fine before i did that. Or is it just good practice to rebuild the database after an undate of either bitcoin or armoury? Or maybe it was something else i did around the same time that threw everything off......
Away it working fine now. Thanks soo much!
japandrew73

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:49:12 PM

Running OSX 10.9.2, Bitcoin-qt 0.9.1, and Armory 0.91-beta. 

I waited for Bitcoin Qt to download the entire block chain and now my satoshi client is synced up with the network 100% and acts normal.  When I open Armory it says 1.5 Hours left for 'building databases' and doesn't move from that point.  Also in the bottom right corner in green is says Connected (0 Blocks). 

Any help?  I thought since my satoshi client already downloaded the entire blockchain that Armory would start working immediately?
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 06:52:04 PM

Running OSX 10.9.2, Bitcoin-qt 0.9.1, and Armory 0.91-beta. 

I waited for Bitcoin Qt to download the entire block chain and now my satoshi client is synced up with the network 100% and acts normal.  When I open Armory it says 1.5 Hours left for 'building databases' and doesn't move from that point.  Also in the bottom right corner in green is says Connected (0 Blocks). 

Any help?  I thought since my satoshi client already downloaded the entire blockchain that Armory would start working immediately?

No armory has its own database too now. It should be quick.

goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 11:52:37 PM

Thanks that was just the trick its working perfectly now.

I was wondering if updating the bitcoin-qt caused this as it seemed to work fine before i did that. Or is it just good practice to rebuild the database after an undate of either bitcoin or armoury? Or maybe it was something else i did around the same time that threw everything off......
Away it working fine now. Thanks soo much!

Not necessarely. The previous release (0.90) was the first version using LevelDB as our background engine for the DB. In this release (0.91) we tweaked LevelDB's settings to squeeze some extra speed. This is what made the older DBs incompatible with the newer ones. Chances are we won't touch these settings again, or at least not in the near future.

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:49:42 PM

Minor bug, not sure how long it's been there.

Using 'Simple' software keyboard for passphrase entry, the & character generates 2 keypresses (not sure if either of them is correct, I just used the hardware keyboard for that character)

Vires in numeris
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: