Bitcoin Forum
August 18, 2024, 07:19:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SourceFed - Video on Dogecoin  (Read 472 times)
Pangia (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:53:02 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpabOMZ4ZmM

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 01:03:39 AM

Hehe
DogeCoin is on a better pace than any other crypto currency ever. Coins are the future! And to think my friends used to tease me for collecting them. Well, who's laughing now?

Are they for real? Smiley I think Dogecoin still is faaaaaaaaar behind Bitcoin.
Kalizar

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:22:53 AM

Hehe
DogeCoin is on a better pace than any other crypto currency ever. Coins are the future! And to think my friends used to tease me for collecting them. Well, who's laughing now?

They are comparing the two coin's market cap illogically. Although DOGE is near BTC's 1000th day market cap in 100 days, they were brought to the community at different times making the comparison circumstantial.

If BTC didn't pave the way for DOGE in so many aspects, it wouldn't be nearly as successful or even exist at all. When the BTC network launched, very few people heard and understood the whole concept. After years of a growing community spreading around the world, BTC(and its uses) had evolved in so many various forms. The dramatic and repeatedly increasing value of BTC, regardless of speculator's criticism, resulted in mass amounts of enthusiasts coming into the community. Followed by more success and the SCRYPT mining algorithm becoming popular because of ASIC spiking up BTC's (SHA-256) difficulty.

I am not going to say DOGE is not a success. Although, I would like to say it's not. However, assuming DOGE will be more successful because of a comparison on the two time lapses and disregarding so many circumstances.

I do want to add that DOGE's success is comparatively similar to a fad. It kind of reminds me of collecting Pokemon cards over 15 years ago. I was a kid, and like many others sucked in, somehow believed it would last forever and be worth insane amounts of money. Pokemon still has a following I'm sure, but it will never surpass that point of popularity.

Most of its community, from what I viewed, don't know much of anything else other than.... well, DOGE. -_-
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 05:31:30 PM

Hehe

They are comparing the two coin's market cap illogically. Although DOGE is near BTC's 1000th day market cap in 100 days, they were brought to the community at different times making the comparison circumstantial.

If BTC didn't pave the way for DOGE in so many aspects, it wouldn't be nearly as successful or even exist at all. When the BTC network launched, very few people heard and understood the whole concept. After years of a growing community spreading around the world, BTC(and its uses) had evolved in so many various forms. The dramatic and repeatedly increasing value of BTC, regardless of speculator's criticism, resulted in mass amounts of enthusiasts coming into the community. Followed by more success and the SCRYPT mining algorithm becoming popular because of ASIC spiking up BTC's (SHA-256) difficulty.

I am not going to say DOGE is not a success. Although, I would like to say it's not. However, assuming DOGE will be more successful because of a comparison on the two time lapses and disregarding so many circumstances.

I do want to add that DOGE's success is comparatively similar to a fad. It kind of reminds me of collecting Pokemon cards over 15 years ago. I was a kid, and like many others sucked in, somehow believed it would last forever and be worth insane amounts of money. Pokemon still has a following I'm sure, but it will never surpass that point of popularity.

Most of its community, from what I viewed, don't know much of anything else other than.... well, DOGE. -_-

"They are comparing the two coin's market cap illogically. Although DOGE is near BTC's 1000th day market cap in 100 days, they were brought to the community at different times making the comparison circumstantial."

there are many coins with better market cap than Dogecoin Tongue
But anyway. I wish +++ in price for Doge, but I am pretty sure it wont go in the way which bitcoin goes Tongue
it is not the same situation Smiley

Bitcoin was the only one...
Dogecoin is just next one.

Look at LTC, we all though it will go up and away Smiley
and from a half of the year prices are rather - than + %.

Kalizar

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:02:30 PM

Hehe

"They are comparing the two coin's market cap illogically. Although DOGE is near BTC's 1000th day market cap in 100 days, they were brought to the community at different times making the comparison circumstantial."

there are many coins with better market cap than Dogecoin Tongue
But anyway. I wish +++ in price for Doge, but I am pretty sure it wont go in the way which bitcoin goes Tongue
it is not the same situation Smiley

Bitcoin was the only one...
Dogecoin is just next one.

Look at LTC, we all though it will go up and away Smiley
and from a half of the year prices are rather - than + %.

Last NOV/DEC in 2013 I saw LTC reach 40 USD each for about two weeks. BTC's price came down a couple hundred and LTC had to, as well. I speculated it was going to come back up, until Mt. Gox filed bankruptcy and lost/stole everyone's coins.

It's safe to assume, the release of ASICS for scrypt will jump LTC and DOGE up. Probably will destroy (and make it harder) for any developer to release a crap coin.

My advice, invest in Vert (VTC) because of the progressive N factor offering resistance to ASICS.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: