Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:26:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] VirtualCoin [VC] [Scrypt] [Windows Client] [Pool] MARCH 20th, 2014  (Read 6561 times)
bestsponsor

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:29:19 AM

Hi All, over the last 2 weeks, we have learn lot from user feedback. We will be re-launching Virtual Coin in 2 weeks time with 3rd generation code. As Scrypt ASIC will be out in few months, their is no point of using existing code, as we are completely against any ASIC mining. We want users with GPU & CPU mining it, not someone with hugh financial support running ASIC taking over. This coin is designed for masses not some elite running data centers. We are sure once scrypt ASIC is out, popularity for Litecoin will do down considerably. Not everyone can afford $10k or more mining hardware.

Expect Announcement in 1-2 weeks.

I have now lost all mined coins?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bestsponsor

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:47:47 AM

What happens with my coins? Does it make sense to continue mining?

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 10:31:57 AM

Hi All, over the last 2 weeks, we have learn lot from user feedback. We will be re-launching Virtual Coin in 2 weeks time with 3rd generation code. As Scrypt ASIC will be out in few months, their is no point of using existing code, as we are completely against any ASIC mining. We want users with GPU & CPU mining it, not someone with hugh financial support running ASIC taking over. This coin is designed for masses not some elite running data centers. We are sure once scrypt ASIC is out, popularity for Litecoin will do down considerably. Not everyone can afford $10k or more mining hardware.

This is disappointing. Well hopefully we get more people in the next launch.
By the way, what hashing algo? X11?
apple_talk

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

"Proof-of-Asset Protocol"

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 10:11:39 PM

This is disappointing. Well hopefully we get more people in the next launch.
By the way, what hashing algo? X11?

X11.

I hope you all understand, ASIC is around the corner coin will not survive, I will also be loosing all my coins as well. But if we do not fix, it will go no where.

Thanks everyone, will post once code is ready

|

|

▄
           ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄█████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████

█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
▀▀▀▀█████  █████████████
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
                       ▀
|

$1,5 M
|

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
      ▄█████▀▀███▀▀█████▄
    ▄███▀     ███     ▀███▄
   ████       ███       ████
  ███▀                   ▀███
 ███▀                     ▀███
▄██▀       █████████       ▀██▄
███                         ███
███        █████████        ███
███                         ███
▀██▄       █████████       ▄██▀
 ███▄                     ▄███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ████       ███       ████
    ▀███▄     ███     ▄███▀
      ▀█████▄▄███▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
|

|

<>
<>
<>
<>

GITHUB
TWITTER
YOUTUBE
FACEBOOK
bestsponsor

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:48:16 AM

But you can change the algorithm on the go. You do not need to kill the coin, you just need to modify the code. Many coins algorithm changed, but these changes do not result in the loss of previously mined coins.

iru786

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:15:51 AM

But you can change the algorithm on the go. You do not need to kill the coin, you just need to modify the code. Many coins algorithm changed, but these changes do not result in the loss of previously mined coins.

I agree with this. We spent lot of hours mining coin even when others were posting that its a scam coin etc. To me personally, if i loose the coins i have already mined than i will not mine this coin anymore even with the new algo as the Dev's would have lost all the credibility in my eyes. You need to support the miners who supported you at the start rather than telling that all the time and effort they spent initially to support you is all in vain.

I would appreciate if one of the Dev can put some clarity on this
bestsponsor

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 07:11:42 PM

In an extreme case, a coin can pass (sell) to another developer who will maintain it and develop it.

v.coinz (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 515

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:05:22 PM

ok guys, if you able to hard fork without starting fresh
Source: https://mega.co.nz/#!TJoCGJCC!s_XMnTtUvECG_PA4rcnCMFwOHBBhy1XaAAEsxK416gc

The coin is never designed as pump & dump. VirtualCoin is here to stay, but if you guys can revive it with updates, do so. I will update it on our status page.

Zikka

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:47:44 AM

ok guys, if you able to hard fork without starting fresh
Source: https://mega.co.nz/#!TJoCGJCC!s_XMnTtUvECG_PA4rcnCMFwOHBBhy1XaAAEsxK416gc
46.4 Mb - Why so big?
elviselvis101

Activity: 573

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:38:17 PM

+1
bestsponsor

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:01:21 AM

I hope that the new launch will be successful.

iru786

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:02:54 PM

Waiting for the relaunch of the coin. Any ideas how long yet?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: