Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:05:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2020-03-01] Bitcoin & Top Crypto Assets Just Made A Brief Appearance  (Read 142 times)
zakoliverz (OP)

Activity: 536
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2020, 04:45:22 AM

While Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are far from the level of popularity they had at the peak of the 2017-2018 bubble, this asset class remains of relevance in pop culture.

This was proven true in a recent episode of the original Netflix series, “Altered Carbon,” during which the show depicted a dingy shop where cryptocurrencies are the central payment mechanisms.

Bitcoin Graces Television Once Again, This Time On “Altered Carbon”
Just recently, Netflix released the second season of its much-hyped series “Altered Carbon,” a show about a futurist society where death becomes irrelevant as human bodies become interchangeable, as Google describes the show.

While the show’s premise isn’t based around the rise of cryptocurrency, a still from a recent episode shared by Twitter account “mine Zcash” shows that digital assets are around in this fictional futuristic society.

Going Mainstream Once Again
This is far from the first time Bitcoin has appeared as a plot device in a television show.

Just last Sunday, “The Simpsons” dedicated a good portion of the 13th episode of the 31st season — which was titled “Frinkcoin” — to cryptocurrency, blockchain, and Bitcoin.

At one point in this episode, a Simpsonified Jim Parsons, the actor behind “The Big Bang Theory’s” Sheldon Cooper, spent two minutes discussing the basic premise of digital assets, mentioning the distributed nature of blockchain.

https://www.newsbtc.com/2020/03/02/altered-carbon-bitcoin-top-crypto-assets-just-made-brief-appearance/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3649

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2020, 04:04:31 AM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

It is natural for this to happen. Bitcoin is no longer an unknown thing to make viewers wonder about it, but rather a sentence that may have passed on you on TV, on the street or even on your phone.
It is linked to technology and science and thus the future, films may not succeed in explaining how they are actually work, but they will do so as they have done with smartphones, future technologies, artificial intelligence, the Internet of things and other aspects.

Also, decentralization, difficulty in tracking,investment, the absence of a third party that controls it, makes it possible to use it in many films.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
March 04, 2020, 04:45:50 AM

I read about this couple of days ago, I just fucking love how Hollywood operates on certain subjects. E.G the terrorists are always brown guys or Arabs. Middle east is always shown as something undeveloped, people living in tents and shit and with Cryptocurriencies they are always linked with some illicit activity... They also fail to do their research on things which they are trying to portray. Like what I find funny is that in this episode the prices are written on a small chalkboard when it is supposed to be the year 2300... LOL! Glad to know the chalkboards are still around and the Crypto market has finally settled down since prices are apparently static... Or maybe they wanted to portray the unstable nature of cryptocurrencies, suggesting the prices are updated every day if this was their motive there are far better ways of showing that...

I just fucking hate these people. They have budgets of millions of dollars for each project and they can't even do their research properly... sigh!
Kounter

Activity: 41
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 31, 2020, 03:57:45 AM

Soon, crypto-melodramas will be very relevant, where the main actors will be CEO of crypto exchanges
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: