Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:15:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain Antminer K5  (Read 671 times)
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2020, 11:02:49 AM

Indeed, there were other option than Dash.

Which ones did you mine and how much money or Bitcoin (satoshis) did you make on them (roughly) then?

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2020, 11:03:38 AM

D3 and K5 are not comparable, with D3 you had 100+ coins/chances to mine and hoping that one of them could gain price and make roi (luckilly my case)

K5 is only for CKB, but that could change, maybe more coins will occur on nervos algo
What coin did you mine, that gained price, that allowed you to breakeven or even better on your antminer d3?

Dash was the ONLY coin worth mining on X11, then,now, ever whatever, imo

Speaking of the Bitmain Antminer K5, my miner mined 2600 CKB coins in 24 hours if anyone wants to read about it / hashrate logs etc - https://voskcointalk.com/t/analyzing-mining-profitability-of-our-bitmain-antminer-k5-nervos-ckb-asic-miner/210

at that time I put quite a lot of time in x11 research, if I stayed mining dash, roi would newer happen and to be honest it would be boring mining only dash with such variety of coins back then

I tried mining at least on 50 x11 coins, most of them are unknown, some of them forked to pos and mn (polis, monkey, centurion before fork and after fork to equihash it was gold mine)
i was up to mine newest coins (pow and mn) and sell them, becacuse price was higher and folks bought them for creating masternodes - mostly of them were more profitable than dash, but that lasts only for a couple of days, than I moved to another coin

I spend a lot of weeks mining imagecoin (and imagecash) and in some time frame was only one mining it, I mined 40000 IMG, created masternodes, and at ATH sold one masternode (10000 IMG) than bought it back when price fell - that returned my d3 investment 2x Smiley

That’s interesting, glad it worked out for you and thanks for sharing the information

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
bcn2048

Activity: 104
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2020, 09:05:00 PM

sure thing, keep up the good work
mineshop.eu
Copper Member

Activity: 405
Merit: 57

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2020, 11:39:39 AM

Buying any miner at this stage is betting on future that prices will go up.
Asic miners are much more riskier then GPU rigs cause there is no other use case, if we are looking from a point of investing in new mining hardware.

At these crypto prices makes more sense to buy the coin, because you will also be betting on future price to go up. Buying a coin wont make you headache, where to run hardware,hardware failure etc..  Asic miners for small cap coins is in very high risk category, only money will be made by hardware manufactures. You have about 90% chance to lose money in compare to 10% chance of making money.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: