Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:54:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you know when to sell  (Read 747 times)
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
March 07, 2020, 07:40:36 AM

Put an imaginary £500 into an imaginary trading account. Then pretend that you are trading with it by making imaginary purchases and sales. See how you get on for 3 months. If you make an imaginary loss, then you need to do some more reading. Analyse your trades,and if you feel comfortable with them, then try speculating with £100 for another 3 months.

Interesting advice but not enough because you can't include emotions in this suggested imaginary trading.
When we know that trading isn't real we trade differently than when real money is include.
Many people never learn how to control emotions in the trading and because of it they sell and buy in the wrong time.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
XCANA

Activity: 1456
Merit: 148

View Profile
March 07, 2020, 08:49:52 AM

Welcome to the world of trade. This world is one of the of the  world that needs Patience while you keep your trade, I mean: having good time on trade as a result of a long-term trade and not short-term. Long-term can actually fetch you more gains and be safer alongside your trade career. For buy low and sell high implies that: you must be a good holder than a panic seller. More also, you should do more research before buy cryptocurrency for trade, check exchange volumes fake increase and don't be greedy.

BuxCoin

Activity: 698
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 07, 2020, 11:06:45 AM

Doing the exact opposite of what your emotions are telling you to do usually pays off nicely.

True how much far we keep emotions out of trading that much good trading goes , but its hard to do it with experience and internal control we have to eventually push emotions out of trading   
xxkaiwaxx

Activity: 479
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 07, 2020, 12:36:53 PM

I never know when to sell. Too greedy  Cry Cheesy
Magkirap

Activity: 896
Merit: 267

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 08, 2020, 12:54:05 AM

Doing the exact opposite of what your emotions are telling you to do usually pays off nicely.

True how much far we keep emotions out of trading that much good trading goes , but its hard to do it with experience and internal control we have to eventually push emotions out of trading   
Yes emotions will just mostly cause you trouble in your trading career for it will alter your feelings and can make you do some decisions you do not want to do so for me as early as possible push emotions out of your trading career but this requires lots of control, practice and experience.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
nakamura12

Activity: 2282
Merit: 669

View Profile
March 08, 2020, 02:13:46 AM

It is entirely up to you whether you sell or not when the price is high or buy when the price of bitcoin is at the lowest price. If I were you I'd rather buy btc at the lowest price and then sell high. It's what many people advice to new traders. Buy low and sell high may take longer if the price of bitcoin is slowly increasing  or decreasing. You should also check the price movement like in coinmarketcap. Just don't buy or sell your btc at the price you bought, in short you just bought $100 worth of btc and sell $100 worth of btc. Some trading sites have fee for trading crypto.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2020, 03:32:49 AM

I am a college student looking to make a buck every once in a while trading crypto (mainly BTC). My portfolio is $500 of my savings so nothing big really. This is like a pilot project where I get to learn what is what and see if I can trade. I am considering going full time during summers and hopefully after finishing college if summers will have spared me. The question I am constantly facing is, how do you know when you should (or have to) sell? When the price is rising, I don't want to sell because... greed ––tbh. But again when the price is dropping, I don't wanna sell either... sometimes the price might be lower than when I bought. In general, I am bullish that the price will eventually rise and I will make a killing, so no need to hurry. But again, I don't want to be a hodler; I want to be a trader. How do you guys know when to sell?

This is the decision that you have to take alone, it's all goes down on how much risk and how much profit that you have to take some traders are willing to take 5 to 10% profit, some traders wants more when they see the market is going better, you have to decide your level of profit and loss that you can accept.

Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

View Profile
March 08, 2020, 11:20:04 AM

Welcome to the world of trade. This world is one of the of the  world that needs Patience while you keep your trade, I mean: having good time on trade as a result of a long-term trade and not short-term. Long-term can actually fetch you more gains and be safer alongside your trade career. For buy low and sell high implies that: you must be a good holder than a panic seller. More also, you should do more research before buy cryptocurrency for trade, check exchange volumes fake increase and don't be greedy.
That is why trading is really difficult because you don't know when to sell your holdings, there are two possible outcomes if you sell or hold your tokens. It is either you are happy selling it after that particular token you are holding or you are regretting your decision to sell because the value rises up. We all know that cryptocurrency is unpredictable and that is why it is hard to trade, but if you have plans and you have a really solid portfolio to guide you in trading, and also if you have a lot of knowledge about the market, I can say that you can really earn and it is depending on you when to sell and when to buy tokens that you want to hold. There are some people who are really getting involved with trading without taking any important information, knowledge is really important when you are doing business especially trading because one single mistake, you can lose your money in just a blink of an eye.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2020, 11:32:57 AM

One of the most successful investors ( I can't remember which one ) was once asked  to what he attributed his success. His reply was " selling too soon".

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 08, 2020, 12:25:05 PM

But again, I don't want to be a hodler; I want to be a trader. How do you guys know when to sell?
This is question in similiar style to what is meaning of life?
You can't get any definitive answer to that, everyone uses different set of "rules" or informations to decide if they will sell. Most often they use emotions which is bad no matter what in trading.

Small portfolio of crypto $500, can't get you many trading styles, you probably want to focus on day trading to slowly make it $5000.
Watch out tho, if you are tired or trading long time, you will make mistakes.
KrisAlex18

Activity: 742
Merit: 160

View Profile
March 09, 2020, 05:46:10 AM

The best thing that you may do to learn when is the good time for selling cryptocurrency is to do a research, and observe the market, if you really want to win in trading or selling bitcoin then you must observe and analyze the inflation and deflation of the market. Bitcoin halving really affects the market.

You should learn all the basics of different cryptocurrency in order for you to make money from selling it. There are a lot of people who get lost because of being unprepared and not doing research about it, do not follow them, the best thing you should do is be patient and hardworking of learning the basics of different cryptocurrencies.

Since your topic is about trading I guess it is better to move your thread at Trading Discussion - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=8.0 you can move it by editing your thread and find the move topic and you are good to go. Back to the topic How do you know when to sell, You can set some limit or targets like 5% or 10% profit. If you reach that percentage you can sell your coins. Some exchanges have stop loss/stop profit feature so better learn about it.
Indeed, this thread should be in the section of trading discussion, there would be a lot and good answers that he might have if he move this thread in that section. Selling coins is not a simple thing, you will not assure yourself to win that kind of thing unless you do some research about it.
keferaloura

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2020, 09:10:20 AM

For guaranteed, I think the time to sell is when you are not lose. Just tiny profits are still good to sell. Tongue
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2020, 11:22:08 AM

The question I am constantly facing is, how do you know when you should (or have to) sell? When the price is rising, I don't want to sell because... greed ––tbh. But again when the price is dropping, I don't wanna sell either... sometimes the price might be lower than when I bought. In general, I am bullish that the price will eventually rise and I will make a killing, so no need to hurry. But again, I don't want to be a hodler; I want to be a trader. How do you guys know when to sell?
Naively (but it is true), when you hear many people around you talking about something like: "Buying it now or you will lose your change to become a milliionaire", "That one is a very potential coin/token, you should not miss it", etc. It is the very good time to think of selling and taking profit for your portfolio.

Most of people buying because of motivated noisy environment around, will end with stuck on peaks or all time highs. Being neutrally when you fall into such period and determinantly make your sell orders.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
josephsonand

Activity: 273
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 09, 2020, 04:19:39 PM

I agree with the post above. In such matters, one must not succumb to external provocations. It is necessary to carefully analyze all the factors and have a lot of patience so as not to get into the prosak.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 09, 2020, 08:43:57 PM

I agree with the post above. In such matters, one must not succumb to external provocations. It is necessary to carefully analyze all the factors and have a lot of patience so as not to get into the prosak.

If you can manage that then you're already further ahead than 99% of people out there ever will be. It's very easy to say that when things are boring or you don't have large amounts on the line. Only the truly icy can maintain that when things are popping left, right and centre.
OK Con De

Activity: 50
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 10, 2020, 08:04:44 AM

It's a billion dollar question  Grin You know, we can't guess or predict exactly about price, where it will go? Technical analysis can help us about price movement, reduce risks and increase win rate.
Well, if you really want an answer, you should learn and master at Fundamental analysis, Technical analysis, Market sentiment, and most important is your mentality. Then you get your answer.
tvplus006
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1668

To the Moon

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2020, 08:44:40 AM

...My portfolio is $500 of my savings so nothing big really. ...

In any case, it will be difficult to get an increase to your Deposit equal to $ 100 per month. Therefore, you just need to buy bitcoins and wait for the price to increase several times and then sell everything. Then it will be a significant increase for the student's budget.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
BayAngelo

Activity: 882
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 10, 2020, 11:35:56 AM

Very simple for me. i don't have to wait for the price to skyrocket, once it hit my preferably choice as long as i bought below the current price. i sell off. some time it takes months, days or weeks to get above my cost price. some people has a stipulated time and amount they intended to sell off why some don't. i sell whenever i think the time is right.

Shimmiry

Activity: 840
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 11:30:20 AM

I am a college student looking to make a buck every once in a while trading crypto (mainly BTC). My portfolio is $500 of my savings so nothing big really. This is like a pilot project where I get to learn what is what and see if I can trade. I am considering going full time during summers and hopefully after finishing college if summers will have spared me. The question I am constantly facing is, how do you know when you should (or have to) sell? When the price is rising, I don't want to sell because... greed ––tbh. But again when the price is dropping, I don't wanna sell either... sometimes the price might be lower than when I bought. In general, I am bullish that the price will eventually rise and I will make a killing, so no need to hurry. But again, I don't want to be a hodler; I want to be a trader. How do you guys know when to sell?
Always consider the coin that you are trading. Assess the history of that coin, that will be a great help for you to decide. If you happen to see that the history is not that constant, probably that will be the best consideration for you to sell your coin if it reached a good price based on it's history. You may also want to look for the buy and sell order book, that helps me a lot.

Sheriff Woody

Activity: 34
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 16, 2020, 10:06:10 AM

When trading crypto you need to know which news  affects cryptocurrencies which is pretty much a fundamental skill to know which news affects cryptocurrencies and will allow you to predict which direction the coin will take...though charts and historical data can also help you in predicting the direction by knowing when a coin is either over bought or over over sold.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: