Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:06:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Giveaway - Friends and Family  (Read 1315 times)
Tuxavant (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2011, 03:02:27 PM

Send an email to all your friends and family stating that you will give away $1 USD in bitcoins each day for the next 30 days to this email list.

Give them instructions on how to download the clients (point them to BitcoinIntro.com if they are a noob).

Then, each day, send $1 in Bitcoins to an instawallet address and post the URL to the email list.

It doesn't have to be Instawallet, but it's the most intuitive interface for noobs. If you have a higher class of friends, then post private keys, or do some simple xor on them as a puzzle.

It doesn't have to be this specific amount, or frequency. It's just meant to light another fire under Bitcoin.

Post your experiences.

I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 03:42:31 PM

Send an email to all your friends and family stating that you will give away $1 USD in bitcoins each day for the next 30 days to this email list.

Give them instructions on how to download the clients (point them to BitcoinIntro.com if they are a noob).

Then, each day, send $1 in Bitcoins to an instawallet address and post the URL to the email list.

It doesn't have to be Instawallet, but it's the most intuitive interface for noobs. If you have a higher class of friends, then post private keys, or do some simple xor on them as a puzzle.

It doesn't have to be this specific amount, or frequency. It's just meant to light another fire under Bitcoin.

Post your experiences.

Heh, I posted a similar idea a couple hours ago.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=52295.msg624013#msg624013
I would use key pairs like bitaddress.org and pique theircuriosity.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Tuxavant (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2011, 03:50:20 PM

This reminds me of the Christmas gift letter from casascius too!

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 04:12:04 PM

This reminds me of the Christmas gift letter from casascius too!
Do you have a link?
I'm working on some graphics that might work. Any suggestions would be nice.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Tuxavant (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2011, 04:43:52 PM

Do you have a link?
[/quote]

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50386.msg600282#msg600282

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 05:00:48 PM

Do you have a link?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50386.msg600282#msg600282

Heh, well I want to give away hundreds, but I'm not prepared to buy hundreds of Casascius collectable coins for this. I give them to close family and friends. I want something that I can use to "carpet bomb" people with Bitcoin awareness.

Tuxavant (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2011, 05:11:39 PM

[Heh, well I want to give away hundreds, but I'm not prepared to buy hundreds of Casascius collectable coins for this. I give them to close family and friends. I want something that I can use to "carpet bomb" people with Bitcoin awareness.

Agreed... that's quite an overhead.. I did buy a dozen to promote the economy (his mostly LOL) because they are a neat idea and gives people something to hold on to...

so thats why I really like my OP below... I'm looking forward to causing a frenzy in my email distributions and see who'd going to be keeping a close eye on them to get the Bitcoins.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 06:08:04 PM

[Heh, well I want to give away hundreds, but I'm not prepared to buy hundreds of Casascius collectable coins for this. I give them to close family and friends. I want something that I can use to "carpet bomb" people with Bitcoin awareness.

Agreed... that's quite an overhead.. I did buy a dozen to promote the economy (his mostly LOL) because they are a neat idea and gives people something to hold on to...

so thats why I really like my OP below... I'm looking forward to causing a frenzy in my email distributions and see who'd going to be keeping a close eye on them to get the Bitcoins.

I'm planning to give these away to college teachers to give away, stores to hand out, or anyone else that wants them. I'll be spending more on ink and paper than Bitcoin, but 'tis the season!  Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: