Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 02:54:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What age would you recommend the forum to ?  (Read 442 times)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 06, 2020, 09:42:58 PM

This forum is fit for adults only and members that have further experience in the cryptocurrency and digital world. Imagine having this forum being bombarded with immature people who are most likely to be close minded and war freak. Especially, teenagers nowadays often tend to have short patience and easily lose their tempt. Therefore, never mention the forum onto people that aren't that kind of interested and greedy. Let's make this forum a community of professionals, and never let kiddos aged 16 and below bombard us with their obvious and unnecessary questions.

That's slightly insulting to the average young person. This forum's biggest problem is adults who can't speak English scraping desperately for pennies. One thing it is not is a community of professionals. And many young folks know more about computing than any adult ever will.
Magkirap

Activity: 896
Merit: 267

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 08, 2020, 05:54:54 AM

This forum is fit for adults only and members that have further experience in the cryptocurrency and digital world. Imagine having this forum being bombarded with immature people who are most likely to be close minded and war freak. Especially, teenagers nowadays often tend to have short patience and easily lose their tempt. Therefore, never mention the forum onto people that aren't that kind of interested and greedy. Let's make this forum a community of professionals, and never let kiddos aged 16 and below bombard us with their obvious and unnecessary questions.

That's slightly insulting to the average young person. This forum's biggest problem is adults who can't speak English scraping desperately for pennies. One thing it is not is a community of professionals. And many young folks know more about computing than any adult ever will.
Agree, lots of teenagers here are more professional than those kind of adults that you have mentioned, i think the forum is fit for every age as long as you know what you are doing and what you are saying, people can't see you age in your replies or post so it doesn't matter if you are under 18 just make sure you construct sentences that will understand by all members and can help them.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1584
Merit: 1278

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2020, 01:22:10 PM

Most of us can speak both favorable and against the usage of a general internet forum at this young age. I would say 12-13 is a very young age but this is the perfect time at which the adults can induce younglings with far more advanced concepts of technology/science to be quite true. On the other hand, ending up on a internet forum like Reddit or other sites at the age of 15-17 will make the child learn more about such stuffs at a younger age.

I got to learn programming and similar stuffs literally at a very young age (If my memory is true) through practicing Cpp and Java. At later stages, I have learnt even more languages but Java and a little of Cpp was the one which I had a strong command on since I have understood the concepts at a younger age. Apart from these, I have learnt some complex astronomical techs (Lambda-CDM model, radioactivity and Big Bang Theory) at the age of 12-15 and understood about the same quite a bit.

Truly speaking, 12-13 is the exact age for one to learn about a complex subject like Bitcoin and you can keep this forum as a reference to teach your kids. I would suggest 15-17 to be the age at which one should understand what a general discussion forum is and register on the same!
aioc

Activity: 2940
Merit: 567

View Profile
March 09, 2020, 04:01:06 AM

Cutting a long story short , I’ve been asked to do a short talk at my children’s school about Bitcoin. Their IT teacher is very progressive and gets the children involved in a lot of IT projects, like coding and cyber security and one of my kids mentioned Bitcoin and I’ve been asked to do a presentation.
It will be a 10-15 min very informal intro. into Bitcoin with the emphasis at the end to explore the Bitcoin world by themselves and I will recommend reading material and certain websites .
The age group will be 12-13 yr olds.
My query is whether to mention this forum?
Currently I’m thinking not to mention the forum , but if they find it , then so be it .
My thoughts are that the forum would be more suited to 16 + because of these factors
- scams
- trolling
- bad language
- gambling
I’m sure there are or have been many members under 16 and if possible I’d like a bit of feedback . TIA
This is placed in Beginners and Help , possibly Meta may have been better , but I really want some constructive replies please  Smiley
This is because of it's being an open forum, if your child is as young as 13 years old you can guide him and close the section about gambling and scams, there is an option to do that, Bitcointalk and Youtube is still the best place to learn about Cryptocurrency, but Bitcointalk is interactive a place where a lot of opinions are voiced out.

BITCOIN4X
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1153

View Profile
March 09, 2020, 05:59:09 PM

The bitcointalk.org forum is a place where other bitcoin and altcoin community members gather and discuss prices, developments, speculations and so on. If someone recommends this forum to children under 16 years old as a means of making money, this forum may not be suitable for them because children under 16 years old shouldnt think of ways to make money. But if the bitcointalk.org forum is recommended as a means to gain knowledge about bitcoin and other altcoins in terms of responding to technological developments then they must be over 13 years old and need supervision and guidance from experts.

Without guidance from an expert, we will only see that the meta and beginner & help are filled with questions that will only make a small portion of forum users ignore them. I do not think that my assumptions are entirely correct, but it is good for children under 16 not to be faced with serious problems such as bitcoin and other cryptocurrency if the primary purpose is to make money.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 07:00:41 AM

I think the said age group is too young enough to be involved into more in-depth conversations regarding cryptocurrency and money thats why I agree not to mention this site as of now theres a lot of topics here that I think only for mature and for the right age only and btw I really admire those young individuals already learning bitcoin maybe they will also develop such kind of crypto with more advance features bitcoin does not have in the future.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: