Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:49:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Query regarding upgrading cgminer for namecoin LP  (Read 2167 times)
mackminer (OP)

Activity: 348
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 03:21:50 PM

Hi,
I'm using this miner on linuxcoin for namecoins and bitcoins but I'm getting alot of stale shares for namecoin. Someone told me it's because of no support for namecoin long polling.

They also say this has now been fixed and upgrading resolved the issue for them. I have checked the changelog for cgminer and there doesn't seem to be any mention as to a change for this.

Anybody able to help? Thanks!  Smiley

1BFf3Whvj118A5akc5fHhfLLwxYduMmq1d

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 04:20:42 PM

Hi,
I'm using this miner on linuxcoin for namecoins and bitcoins but I'm getting alot of stale shares for namecoin. Someone told me it's because of no support for namecoin long polling.

They also say this has now been fixed and upgrading resolved the issue for them. I have checked the changelog for cgminer and there doesn't seem to be any mention as to a change for this.

Did you try to read the CG Miner thread?  It's there in the 2.0.8 announcement.
Sam

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
mackminer (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 06:21:44 PM

Hi,

Did you try to read the CG Miner thread?  It's there in the 2.0.8 announcement.
Sam

Sorry I checked it now, didn't realise it was the flushing addition that solved that problem. Besides, I was just asking a quick question I wanted an answer to and not a request to read a badly laid out book.

I am not sure if I can automatically upgrade this on linuxcoin?

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 12:44:44 PM

Hi,

Anybody able to help? Thanks!  Smiley

Did you try to read the CG Miner thread?  It's there in the 2.0.8 announcement.
Sam

Sorry I checked it now, didn't realise it was the flushing addition that solved that problem. Besides, I was just asking a quick question I wanted an answer to and not a request to read a badly laid out book.

LOL the standard "I want someone else to tell me I couldn't be bothered reading ..."
You needed the answer right away or the world would have ended?

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
mackminer (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 08:13:37 PM

Hi,

Sam

LOL the standard "I want someone else to tell me I couldn't be bothered reading ..."

Do you not find though that you really have to dig through these long threads to find your answer?

Eveofwar

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 08:15:19 PM

Hi,

Sam

Do you not find though that you really have to dig through these long threads to find your answer?

Read the change log then, or learn how to search.  Too many people want to be spoon fed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: