Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:26:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MapleCoin To Launch March 22nd  (Read 13254 times)
novaboy2k

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:44:41 PM

Just another coin to me...

Slow start, but the coins structure seems sound.

Darkcoin, the only fungible crypto currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DogeNukem

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:25:12 PM

Based on WHAT?
novaboy2k

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:46:37 PM

Based on WHAT?

The block explorer and mining pools are working fine.
Github seems legit...

I really don't see the problem.

Who is the dev? I don't care as long they continuing development.

Darkcoin, the only fungible crypto currency.
marquix

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 07:58:05 PM

same dev from mazacoin this is a scam DO NOT MINE THIS SHITCOIN

...and how is MAZACOIN a scam? Did I miss something?

I wouldn't say mazacoin is necessarily a scam. The creators just made a ton of mistakes ... and Payu evidently signed on a less than professional dev. I'm not sure if AP is still with maza or not, but Boxxa is.

Interestingly Ap/Boxxa has also been accused of stealing away Greececoin. And Australia Coin strangely has the same announcement font/appearance as Greececoin does. They may be churning out nation coins, I suppose.

understood -- and BTW these nation coins (I mean those that usually come as "countryName" plus "coin") are some of the dumbest ideas in the entire Crypto space anyway, defying the entire concept of what DECENTRALIZED p2p Crypto coins or wider "Bitcoin Neutrality" should be.

Greececoin, Australiacoin, Germanycoin, Nigeriacoin, Spaincoin, BullCityCoin and even EuroCoin, MeditarraneanCoin and Auroracoin (the row of idiocities is endless) -- they all failed to get the first thing/basic concept of real Cryptos (even if they claim they were supposedly "open" to "outsiders" which they are not really), namely that they can only succeed if used internationally. Focusing on ANY geographic area preempts the whole BTC concept (as well as the one of viable Altcoins) though!

Let them all fail as miserably as they deserve, this is what *competition among currencies* is all about. Let the free market decide -- and soon (for the sake of saving unnecessary hashing power and tons of CO2 and electricity wasted)...

Gotta disagree on this.  lol  You're pretty much arguing there should only be 1 coin for everything, geography aside;  like Bitcoin could serve the purpose of all. Possibly, but much better to not. 

Just like existing currencies, there can be many reasons for having a unique crypto currency for countries.  The price of bacon in Canada is different than in Greece.  The price of gas is different in Canada and the US…although a gas coin could confuse that.  lol  Isolating value to the crypto currency, as we have done via the papered currency, serves no harm. As well, there may be other unique properties that relate only to Canadians (i.e.; Cdn highway tolls, Cdn taxes (some day…lol), Cdn beer, Cdn maple syrup, Cdn smokes, Cdn poutine, Cdn Beavertails, etc.), where a MapleCoin may some day enhance your purchase?  It might just take away the notion of how/what things are in other countries, and allow everyone to deal within the scope of our own products, within the distribution of our country, as the dollar does.  In many ways it's cleaner, and easier for some people to grasp?

Why not have more?  In the same way the govt's spew paper money within their country borders? it's only digital computations?  Why not segregate some of these computations to build localized coins?  If they can all have value some day, assuming the hundreds of millions of dollars being invested to bring the digital currencies to the mass population, then why not?  I would much rather own some MapleCoin here in Canada, than Bitcoin, if I can acquire the same value and usability for the comparative number of coins. 

Then again, some countries are more proud than others…I wouldn't own a Quebec coin before a MapleCoin.  lol

I also believe the crypto currencies could replace the existing dollar some day, so I am way-out there.  :-)

sure -- good points.

I still don't see why these should not be handled by ANY kind of Altcoin, i e I don't think that the concept of a *nation* coin is necessary or even appropriate for "cyberspace" as it is traditionally borderLESS.

Also, I am NOT against multiple Crypto currencies -- quite the contrary, I think it's necessary to fix Bitcoin's, and Litecoin's etc for that matter, flaws and have competing concepts and systems in Cryptoland.

When it comes to taking care of particular cuontries' particular customs, conventions, facts of life, local price differences  etc, I still don't see why this should not be handled by ANY kind of Crypto currency (or fiat) as prices can be adapted or converted as we are used to. I mean, a loaf of bread could easily be BTC 0.0091 in the U. S. or BTC 0.00079 in Mexico with similar weightings if dealing in litecoins, mintcoins,  doge, or peercoins ...?

While I hope for a healthy amount of competing Crypto currencies that bring technological aspects of their own to the table each, I just don't want to see our "new found" internationalization and chances of borderless commerce and zero-cost transactions go away for some renewed and narrow-minded local compartmentalization caused by "nation coins" replacing more universal ones.

HD video & photography. Check out some of my photos covering Bitcoin and Crypto topics http://marquix.net/try/btc-tech-photos/ or my FREE eBook reviewing fully Whitehat e-mail and list-building tools http://marquix.net/try/whitehat-email-marketing/ here!
Read Bitcoin & Alt coin news, decentralization, Peer-to-Peer economy articles, financial innovation with Crypto tech on http://www.bitcoinFinancial.info/bitcoin-business/.
LuckyKey

Activity: 368

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:48:58 PM

same dev from mazacoin this is a scam DO NOT MINE THIS SHITCOIN

...and how is MAZACOIN a scam? Did I miss something?

I wouldn't say mazacoin is necessarily a scam. The creators just made a ton of mistakes ... and Payu evidently signed on a less than professional dev. I'm not sure if AP is still with maza or not, but Boxxa is.

Interestingly Ap/Boxxa has also been accused of stealing away Greececoin. And Australia Coin strangely has the same announcement font/appearance as Greececoin does. They may be churning out nation coins, I suppose.

understood -- and BTW these nation coins (I mean those that usually come as "countryName" plus "coin") are some of the dumbest ideas in the entire Crypto space anyway, defying the entire concept of what DECENTRALIZED p2p Crypto coins or wider "Bitcoin Neutrality" should be.

Greececoin, Australiacoin, Germanycoin, Nigeriacoin, Spaincoin, BullCityCoin and even EuroCoin, MeditarraneanCoin and Auroracoin (the row of idiocities is endless) -- they all failed to get the first thing/basic concept of real Cryptos (even if they claim they were supposedly "open" to "outsiders" which they are not really), namely that they can only succeed if used internationally. Focusing on ANY geographic area preempts the whole BTC concept (as well as the one of viable Altcoins) though!

Let them all fail as miserably as they deserve, this is what *competition among currencies* is all about. Let the free market decide -- and soon (for the sake of saving unnecessary hashing power and tons of CO2 and electricity wasted)...

Gotta disagree on this.  lol  You're pretty much arguing there should only be 1 coin for everything, geography aside;  like Bitcoin could serve the purpose of all. Possibly, but much better to not. 

Just like existing currencies, there can be many reasons for having a unique crypto currency for countries.  The price of bacon in Canada is different than in Greece.  The price of gas is different in Canada and the US…although a gas coin could confuse that.  lol  Isolating value to the crypto currency, as we have done via the papered currency, serves no harm. As well, there may be other unique properties that relate only to Canadians (i.e.; Cdn highway tolls, Cdn taxes (some day…lol), Cdn beer, Cdn maple syrup, Cdn smokes, Cdn poutine, Cdn Beavertails, etc.), where a MapleCoin may some day enhance your purchase?  It might just take away the notion of how/what things are in other countries, and allow everyone to deal within the scope of our own products, within the distribution of our country, as the dollar does.  In many ways it's cleaner, and easier for some people to grasp?

Why not have more?  In the same way the govt's spew paper money within their country borders? it's only digital computations?  Why not segregate some of these computations to build localized coins?  If they can all have value some day, assuming the hundreds of millions of dollars being invested to bring the digital currencies to the mass population, then why not?  I would much rather own some MapleCoin here in Canada, than Bitcoin, if I can acquire the same value and usability for the comparative number of coins. 

Then again, some countries are more proud than others…I wouldn't own a Quebec coin before a MapleCoin.  lol

I also believe the crypto currencies could replace the existing dollar some day, so I am way-out there.  :-)

sure -- good points.

I still don't see why these should not be handled by ANY kind of Altcoin, i e I don't think that the concept of a *nation* coin is necessary or even appropriate for "cyberspace" as it is traditionally borderLESS.

Also, I am NOT against multiple Crypto currencies -- quite the contrary, I think it's necessary to fix Bitcoin's, and Litecoin's etc for that matter, flaws and have competing concepts and systems in Cryptoland.

When it comes to taking care of particular cuontries' particular customs, conventions, facts of life, local price differences  etc, I still don't see why this should not be handled by ANY kind of Crypto currency (or fiat) as prices can be adapted or converted as we are used to. I mean, a loaf of bread could easily be BTC 0.0091 in the U. S. or BTC 0.00079 in Mexico with similar weightings if dealing in litecoins, mintcoins,  doge, or peercoins ...?

While I hope for a healthy amount of competing Crypto currencies that bring technological aspects of their own to the table each, I just don't want to see our "new found" internationalization and chances of borderless commerce and zero-cost transactions go away for some renewed and narrow-minded local compartmentalization caused by "nation coins" replacing more universal ones.

Good points too.

I am mixed as to what I believe will be successful in the crypto currency world in the years to come.  There's a lot of $ being invested to bring the technology to the people (000's of millions).  How this will happen has yet to be seen.  My guess is that there will be new ways to use digital currencies popping up all over the place. I can see new technology making well structured coins/APIs easy to be used by merchants; that's the obvious improvement/advancement.  What will make one coin more desirable than another, I don't know.  I am not speaking from a technical perspective, as I have a good understanding as to that area, I am just saying I cannot predict how the non-technical person will choose which coin is appropriate, if multiple options are presented to them…example; to purchase everything from Canadian Maple syrup, to new cars?  Maybe they will choose to use "their" country coins, to try and spur "their" growth, like a local economy? Maybe there will be local rewards for using MapleCoin someday (like 50% off hockey pucks @ Canadian Tire)?  lol Maybe passion, politics, sports, Huh, will play a role in their decision to use different coins; if the technology advances to the point where they can use many?

Time will tell.  Hopefully there's a lot more coins in the picture in 5 years, and hopefully those will be some of the ones I have mined  :-)

bish5555

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

@bleeprepeat

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 08:01:28 AM

any hope for this coin?

bish5555

@bleeprepeat

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 08:23:41 AM

How to Make Maple Syrup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d74a6uKAz2o

bish5555

@bleeprepeat

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 09:16:01 AM

maaybe this coin could be a commodity coin, like URO, as opposed to a country coin...

1 maplecoin = 1 bottle of maple syrup

1. Setup a Distributed maple syrup Exchange for international trade

2. Provide a medium of exchange stabilized via backing to the true and undeniable international value of maple syrup

3. A Distributed maple syrup Exchange...

Tongue

bish5555

@bleeprepeat

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 10:03:44 AM

yeasee

Activity: 120

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:04:49 AM

Mark!You should give us a better ANN.
bradfrogger

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:54:52 AM

i concur,

will work on contacting maple syrup producers to accept MPL..

The dev already had that set up, and I had even asked what shipping would be on several bottles of syrup.  I would share the link, but it seems the website is down. Here was the announcement.

http://cryptominers.freeforums.org/press-release-maplecoin-reserve-t295.html
metall5468

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

Hi

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 08:06:43 PM

Would love for this coin to revive itself, but I think it's dead for good. Just like all the other developers coins. Being taken off Bittrex and 0 miners is not a good sign.
bradfrogger

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:00:26 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2014, 06:45:24 PM by bradfrogger

Would love for this coin to revive itself, but I think it's dead for good. Just like all the other developers coins. Being taken off Bittrex and 0 miners is not a good sign.

Yeah, I like this coin too and wish it success. Not to mention that I mined several million.

Update:  Crypt OTC was nice enough to add Maplecoin upon my request, so I will be putting some up for exchange if anyone is interested.   http://www.cryptotc.us/market#MPL
CryptoClubber

Activity: 664

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 04:31:24 PM

Now you can swap your coins against CCB

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: