Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:15:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [MASS] Decentralized HARD DRIVE mining cryptocurrency | PoC | Low Energy cost  (Read 9305 times)
amber332

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 05:11:10 PM

Which version of miners (v1 or v2) do you use and when did you install it? Did the above issue occur with the publisher's certificate?

Version 2, just about a month ago. I used it in a disposable environment (aka: I planned to wipe the windows installation anyway, so I tried MASS before it),
so I didn't have program execution problems, because I just didn't care about security and had all checks disabled in the environment in the first place..

AFAIK, there are other PoC coins which look more interesting, for me at least.
Will you give some examples please?

Sorry, my mistake. I didn't mean PoC specifically (like Burstcoin), but mining with hard drive.  Examples are DENET, StorJ and Filecoin.

But I don't know if they're sh!tcoins, so do your own research. For example, I think StorJ is already not profitable anymore, like MASS.

I for my part am curious about the DENET launch this month.

Have you mined MASS? Can you please share guide of how to setup MASS miner on my computer. I am trying to mine MASS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WinterCns

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 07:05:23 PM

I have a small data center where most of storage goes useless. Can someone guide me how to use that free space to mine MASS or any other profitable crypto? will be grateful for the favour.
somedude008

Activity: 14
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 12:26:57 PM

Have you mined MASS? Can you please share guide of how to setup MASS miner on my computer. I am trying to mine MASS.

I actually didn't. I tried 48h solo with about 2-3TB but no tokens ended up in my wallet. I don't know what the problem was.
You probably should look into pool mining MASS, maybe that works.
Apart from that, the problems I stated earlier made me quit caring about MASS.
EDIT: Forgot to actually tell you what to do, lol. Just install the miner and the wallet. The wallet generates your address, put that into your miner. Then plot your HDDs...and that's it basically if I remember correctly. It wasn't that hard, actually easier than to setup other miners.

I have a small data center where most of storage goes useless. Can someone guide me how to use that free space to mine MASS or any other profitable crypto? will be grateful for the favour.

I don't see why you would need guidance. Just install the miner/wallet clients and use them, there's not much to understand. If you have a datacenter, you could already have enough space to mine solo.
Can't tell you about pool mining tho as I never tried it.
amber332

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 24, 2020, 05:41:53 PM

I actually didn't. I tried 48h solo with about 2-3TB but no tokens ended up in my wallet. I don't know what the problem was.
You probably should look into pool mining MASS, maybe that works.
Apart from that, the problems I stated earlier made me quit caring about MASS.
EDIT: Forgot to actually tell you what to do, lol. Just install the miner and the wallet. The wallet generates your address, put that into your miner. Then plot your HDDs...and that's it basically if I remember correctly. It wasn't that hard, actually easier than to setup other miners.

Thanks for the feedback. I set it up today following guidelines mentioned on the site. I learnt that reward is not high as coin is doing good on exchanges.  I will post how much reward I got for mining MASS.
fapar

Activity: 1414
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 02:49:09 PM

AHHHHH. Whenever anything is successful it goes centralized, is this also happening with MASS? Reward going down for people that have low storage means people with high storage volume will get bigger piece of cake. This is exactly whats going on in BTC.

This is true for any coin that can be mined. All coins are subject to increasing mining difficulty over time. However, unlike CPU/GPU mining, mining on HDD is more resource-intensive. It is more profitable to buy videocards than capacitive HDD/SDD (4-8TB or more). And no one can prohibit single miners from joining pools; this is historically the case.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Necez

Activity: 66
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 03, 2020, 07:25:08 AM

Hello is this still worth to mine? I started the process yesterday with 2 TB of space and so far 300 GB is mining. I guess it will take time to fill it all up. I am curious how many coins can I expect to earn with this since I still see none?  Smiley
fapar

Activity: 1414
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 05:54:46 PM

Hello is this still worth to mine? I started the process yesterday with 2 TB of space and so far 300 GB is mining. I guess it will take time to fill it all up. I am curious how many coins can I expect to earn with this since I still see none?  Smiley
Share with us how is mining going these days? Are you using a HDD or SSD, how long did it take to complete the 2TB, and were there any problems with the revoked certificate? I was never able to solve this miner problem.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
ChpCms

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 26, 2020, 05:55:43 PM

Share with us how is mining going these days? Are you using a HDD or SSD, how long did it take to complete the 2TB, and were there any problems with the revoked certificate? I was never able to solve this miner problem.

Me too looking for this answer. Many are double minded whether to mine this or buy this now. your feedback will help many of such curious investors.

try reaching out there Telegram group for this answer if you are not getting any reply here. There telegram group has one of best moderator to answer your queries. I have tried that
waya

Activity: 576
Merit: 250

Owns of Waya Wolf Coin - WW Supports the Wolf Park

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2021, 08:45:16 PM

Hello All,

This project is new to me, and I like the concept.  I like how one mines the coin and the price on exchanges.  I will definitely be exploring this coin further for investment.

Best of luck!!

Cheers,

Waya

Owner of Waya Wolf V2.0 Coin
Waya Wolf Coin Supports the Wolf Park in Battle Ground, Indiana!!
Join us and help Wolf Park an education, conservation, and research facility.
nonconformist

Activity: 386
Merit: 104

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 05:49:35 PM

Is this safe to mine using VPS without being banned by the VPS service provider? thanks!

janak3

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 01, 2021, 01:23:13 PM

Is this safe to mine using VPS without being banned by the VPS service provider? thanks!

I minned it using VPS and haven't encountered any problem so far, you can also try mining it VPS of your choice as its safe to mine MASS. Post your feedback here in case you encounter any problem.
ric9493968

Activity: 90

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 01:02:47 PM

Ive been mining for about a week. The miner doesnt show progress and the wallet is in chinese so i decided to mine to an exchange as i cannot read chinese. any ideas on how i can see my miner results? Im mining on 400GB worth of SSD
skablast

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 08:37:19 AM

I am intrigued by the concept but I haven't really fully understood

I have a lot of spare sata Hdd,  but not that big
If its nothing like Bitcoin, where you need to invest lot of money, I would love to give new life to old stuff.

So, what is the minimum configuration to mine 1 Mass a day ?
langoot

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 05:53:58 PM

Anybody here mining MASS these days? I just wanna know how much MASS tokens you can get against 5TB of HDD and in one day. I have few extra space that I wanna spare for MASS.
EscTel

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 02, 2021, 05:51:57 PM

Anybody here mining MASS these days? I just wanna know how much MASS tokens you can get against 5TB of HDD and in one day. I have few extra space that I wanna spare for MASS.

You may ask that on there telegram page. There are many active miners there and they can update you about this https://t.me/massnetorg .
UpBots

Activity: 27

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2021, 11:28:20 AM

MASS is focusing on layer 0 of blockchain i.e. consensus layer.
Layer 2 is about scalability and performance.
Layer 1 is the base of the blockchain that ensures its security and decentralization
Layer 0 is about consensus. Without a strong Layer 0, Layers 1 and 2 would be useless.
dasgardo87

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2021, 09:34:43 AM

How to plot the file?? Is it need to stake some coin, like burst or BHD??

i think this coin need more documentation
janak3

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 05, 2021, 05:36:12 PM

There is adequate documentation here https://docs.massnet.org/en/ . you can find some real time support on there telegram also.
btc-room101

Activity: 182
Merit: 30

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2021, 01:21:12 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2021, 01:31:40 AM by btc-room101

MASS IS A SCAM - Right now price is $0.899 was 0.3 a few days ago before HPOOL announced dual mining for mass/chia

To play MASS you must buy & burn MASS so say you have 1,000 plots 100TB, each plots is 2.1 mass, so in order to mine with 1,000  plots you need to BUY $1900 USD of mass BURN that on to the plots, if the plots are deleted you lose the $$$, once burnt the $1600 is gone forever.

Now with your 1,000 plots burnt with mass you can mine, the current payout is 1mass/pb/day, so for burning $1900 USD you earn 0.85 cents a day

WINNING

Why is there no truth about MASS? Because its a PONZI SCAM.

Because in order to 'activate' your plots you must burn the mass its gone, the $1900 USD is gone forever, if you delete the plots then its gone as well; The ultimate crypto scam.
btc-room101

Activity: 182
Merit: 30

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2021, 01:33:35 AM

is there any guide available that tells in simple steps how to install and get started with MASS mining? I am interested in mining MASS and need a simple guide for newbies.

https://www.jinse.com/news/blockchain/1128714.html

This is the best, since MASS is 100% chinese owned, all doc is in chinese, easy to translate; this manual is for solo & pool mining;

But note that MASS is a scam, the docs don't tell you anything about the fact you must PAY $$$ and BURN them to play;

The ponzi is designed to raise the price, but it doesn't everytime they run a pump&dump (like now) the whales sell and it falls back to zero.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: