Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:53:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Open letter to GLBSE operators and developers.  (Read 5928 times)
LoupGaroux (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 04:49:17 PM

Hi!

Your market is broken. There are a multitude of accounts that have been locked up for several weeks going back into October. The Charts page has been inconsistent and delivering error messages or out of date information for the same period. You allegedly had your first con artist list an asset under the exact same name as the exchange "GLBSE" and managed to claim that this was a fake through proxies and only after shares in the asset were sold, and now many of those buyers are locked out of their accounts and unable to access the damage that your negligence is responding or protecting the market has permitted. The fact is that you sold them the right to list that asset by taking fees, you accepted the name that they assigned it, and you are responsible for it.

Despite 18 different attempts to communicate with "Nefario" and the other entities listed on the Contact page as being responsible for the project over the past 3.5 weeks, the only response I have received to date was a false statement by ColdHardMetal that Nefario would be resetting the bitcoind failure on the 14th of November. This has either never happened, or it was not the problem because anecdotal information indicates that the market is continuing to work for some users, and not for others.

I can understand that people relocate and travel. I can accept that developers get into car accidents and are laid up for a few days and not up to fixing things. I understand that people involved in bitcoin projects often have a multitude of other things going on in their lives, and don't place user issues as their highest priority. That does not excuse almost a month of keeping my account in a broken condition. It does not give license to manipulate values artificially by letting some players continue to use the market while locking others out of the process.

It seems unfathomable that a single developer is the only one involved in the project who hold the magic key to fix things, and somehow he cannot be contacted to take action, only to give out false assurances that things will get fixed "soon". I am positive that one of the other worthies involved in the project could be trusted with the passwords or secret codes to access the program and fix what needs fixing, to unlock what needs unlocking.

This type of unprofessional and potentially criminal negligence is exactly the wrong message that bitcoin needs.

At this point I must demand action be taken. I have been patient for long enough. While the value of my holding may not be massive, your fiduciary responsibility to those who entrust their value to you is very significant, and legally binding. I am holding Nefario, and all other entities listed as responsible for the project accountable for this failure.

I am available through any of my contact methods listed here or through the GLBSE registration or forum. I have also provided direct contact information in my many emails. If you need any information from me, I will provide it again, but I demand that my account be unlocked or repaired or dipped in honey and reborn or whatever else you need to do to restore full function to me as the account owner, in full, immediately.

In frustration, I remain

username: LoupGaroux

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
teek

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 05:30:02 PM

Did you keep a record of your glbse user id and backup your keys?
finway

Activity: 714

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 05:30:33 PM

GLBSE means freedom.

LoupGaroux (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 05:46:53 PM

Yes.
teek

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 05:48:10 PM

Yes.

What is the issue you are having then?
LoupGaroux (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 05:49:56 PM

Yes.

My account is locked in an endless loop of trying to load my data. It accepts my ID and my keys and never manages to pull anything up.
teek

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 05:52:25 PM

Yes.

My account is locked in an endless loop of trying to load my data. It accepts my ID and my keys and never manages to pull anything up.

interesting.. got a screenshot?  does your account show up in your account list after the keys have been imported?
LoupGaroux (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 06:05:09 PM

I sometimes have this problem too, this means the wallet needs to be reset, or database unlocked/sorted out

sometimes i just refresh page and it works, for the past 2 days GLBSE has been working fine for me.

Yes, I can get all the screenshots I need. My account shows up after it accepts my password, but does not load any details. I have tried refreshing,  reloading, clearing cache and reloading, hard re-boot and re-loading, re-importing my account and reloading, all to no avail.

@Matty? Could you please take your group of businesses, your peerless group of investors, and your message to another thread? I am grateful for the thoughts and help that are being offered, but your posts are really more in the nature of editorial content, and add nothing to solving my issue. Thanks for trying, but your message really didn't do a lot except put up a flare for your flame-buddy to come trolling over here too.
teek

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 06:14:52 PM

I sometimes have this problem too, this means the wallet needs to be reset, or database unlocked/sorted out

sometimes i just refresh page and it works, for the past 2 days GLBSE has been working fine for me.

Yes, I can get all the screenshots I need. My account shows up after it accepts my password, but does not load any details. I have tried refreshing,  reloading, clearing cache and reloading, hard re-boot and re-loading, re-importing my account and reloading, all to no avail.

Just to make sure it is the system failing here and not something you are doing.  Please try making a new account, clearing you cache, re-importing that new account and see if it works as it should. 
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12899

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 10:32:05 PM

Some shareholders of the GBLSE company are publicly known. Possibly you could convince one of them to introduce a motion to give you a refund or something like that.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
LoupGaroux (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 10:53:58 PM

Thanks for those suggestions, I really just want to get communication, as they have promised multiple times, and get access back into my account. Solutions have not been forthcoming from them, so I have asked publicly for them to contact me to work together to get me into my account.

Other users have been helpful and offered suggestions- thanks again teek, others have trolled my thread to hear themselves speak, but I still need to hear from Nefario, or some other big GLBSE cheese to help get me back in.

That's all- I just want to use their service as they have offered it. Please.
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 12:41:13 AM

Thanks for those suggestions, I really just want to get communication, as they have promised multiple times, and get access back into my account. Solutions have not been forthcoming from them, so I have asked publicly for them to contact me to work together to get me into my account.

Other users have been helpful and offered suggestions- thanks again teek, others have trolled my thread to hear themselves speak, but I still need to hear from Nefario, or some other big GLBSE cheese to help get me back in.

That's all- I just want to use their service as they have offered it. Please.

I am not at all affiliated with GLBSE and unfortunatly cannot offer any answers. But I would like to ask a few questions, if I may, to help try and troubleshoot your issue until a more accurate correspondence is presented.

What operating system are you running?
  What browser and version? If IE8 are you using the combatability view settings?
  Have you tried with other browsers? Namely Chrome or Firefox?

Can't really think of much else until I know what has been tried. Sadly I have not yet worked with the GLBSE website so cannot go look myself to see how it is interacting with various web browsers. I look forward to your response and hope myself or someone can help you. Or that the best case happens soon and a representative assist you.

Cheers,
     Derek

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
LoupGaroux (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 12:57:34 AM

Win 7 Ultimate fully updated
Firefox 8.0 and 9.0 (failed on both)

This configuration worked flawlessly except when they had issues with deposit address generation about 6 weeks ago. Whatever the fix was then sorted it perfectly.

Thanks!
sadpandatech

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 01:08:22 AM

Win 7 Ultimate fully updated
Firefox 8.0 and 9.0 (failed on both)

This configuration worked flawlessly except when they had issues with deposit address generation about 6 weeks ago. Whatever the fix was then sorted it perfectly.

Thanks!

Thanks for the info. Are you able to give it a try with Google Chrome?

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

LoupGaroux (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 01:33:56 AM

Just tried Chrome- same thing... no love.

I did create a new account and am attempting to send some btc that way- it does open, shows a balance and will actually generate a deposit address, so my guess is that there is something wickedly locked up with my original account.
sadpandatech

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 01:36:39 AM

Just tried Chrome- same thing... no love.

I did create a new account and am attempting to send some btc that way- it does open, shows a balance and will actually generate a deposit address, so my guess is that there is something wickedly locked up with my original account.

Sad

Yea, sounds like it is account related. :/  I really do wish I could help there.

- GA

LoupGaroux (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 01:37:27 AM

Really appreciate the try. Just a simple word back from them would be great, kick that little piggie in the butt and get it moving again...
sadpandatech

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 02:18:35 AM

Really appreciate the try. Just a simple word back from them would be great, kick that little piggie in the butt and get it moving again...

Very welcome.

Yea, I hope they smooth it all out. I am in the process of working on something and will need to utilize their services heavily.

I would like to see them find more ways to monetize the site. I think that would go a long way to making it more fruitful for them to get this stuff ironed out.

- GA

fizzisist

Activity: 720
Merit: 525

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2011, 09:57:26 AM

Are you having the same problem as this? https://glbse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=242

To summarize, the account keys seem to be in some kind of encrypted state and we have no idea how to decrypt them. Nefario did answer once, but unfortunately his solution didn't help and he dropped out of contact shortly after.

Is that what your account key export looks like?

cablepair

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2011, 02:23:28 PM

this is a major problem, and I salute the OP for starting a public conversation.

GLBSE has no support at all which to put it simply: really sucks.

I lost my private key to one of my accounts do to hardware failure back in October and could not retrieve it. Of course this is a learning experience for me and because of it I now backup all my private keys on other medias.

There are several other users who are in the same boat as I am, Nefario stated that he could create another account and move my assets there if I could prove I was me, I can very easily prove I am me of course but since then Nefario has not responded.

I have made several email contacts with no luck.

I think it's the wrong attitude to take to say that if you lose your private keys you are stupid and deserve to lose your account, which is the feeling I have gotten of the course of this problem.

GLBSE needs a ticket system and needs someone who is going to respond to the tickets. I would gladly set up this ticket system and even host it if necessary, but I cannot offer support

Nefario I can completely relate if your time is valuable, I would be happy to even pay you a support fee to be able to get back into my account.

GLBSE needs support, and I really think if Nefario does not have the time to do this he needs to pull one of his trusted friends in that has the time to do this.

I will gladly donate my time and money if at all I can help get something in place and get all of us back into our accounts.

that is all. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: